It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photographed In 1937 Flying Above City Hall In Vancouver, Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I never heard about this incident, until I read it on Reddit this afternoon. A 21 year old soldier, Leonard Lamoreux, and his brother, wanted to take a picture of the Christmas lights on the newly constructed Vancouver City Hall. The daughter of Mr. Lamoreux, Debra DeCamillis, still lives in Vancouver and remembers how excited her father was about this strange object he caught on film.

The two were suddenly astounded to see a "bright bright blue light" drop straight down from the sky. It became larger as it did so and they were able to observe the source of the light as an object that Leonard described as "two saucers" open ends facing each other, glowing bright blue. The object then moved "dead straight" horizontally across the sky. When it just appeared to clear the flagpole on the roof of the City Hall it came to an almost dead stop and Leonard clicked the shutter on the camera. The object then shot straight back up into the sky. "They never seen anything fly so fast!" This scared them to death and they ran from the scene. The object made no sound.

www.ufobc.ca...

Some sceptics are concerned that this object could be just a watermark, since the negative is no longer available. Ms. DeCamillis claims she saw the original negative as a child and that there were no water bubbles, watermark, or any other artifacts seen on it. She mentioned in this article that her father had set up his camera on a tripod, in order to take sequential shots of the courthouse and the Christmas lights.

She remarked how vivid and excited her father sounded each time he described the sighting. Leonard Lamoureux passed away in 1992 and his brother Wilfred in 1955. Misfortune has it that the negative is no longer around as some UFO researchers have suggested that this image is nothing but a watermark defect that appeared during the development of the print. Debra has this to add regarding this assertion: "I know for fact there was no bubbles on the film, or watermarks because I was facinated by negatives as a child and saw that negative many many times. On the rest of the pictures there was nothing but pictures of lights, so I know it had no bubbles or watermarks on it."

www.ufobc.ca...

Ms. DeCamillis claimed her dad mentioned that the object was encapsulated in a bubble or energy field and that it appeared to have a tail stretched behind it. Some of the photos below show this "bubble" and "tail." Cool story and photo...doubt it was hoaxed. Certainly could be a watermark or defect, but what about that tail? Are there any photographers on ATS, who can offer an explanation for this picture? It should be noted, that Vancouver is a hotbed of UFO activity, even today.

Vancouver UFO Sightings Are Highest In Canada....When it comes to UFO sightings, Vancouver is apparently the place to be.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

edit on 3/5/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It looks like the Norwegian spiral and other "rockets" we've seen

Russia:

California:

China:

edit on 5-3-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Reminds me of the shield you could get from a classic arcade style space shooter video games such as Darius and Darius twin,Super R-type and Super Nova.

The resemblance is uncanny.
www.retrogameage.com...

Second game down.

Assuming it is some kind of craft perhaps what we see here is a barrier or shield.
It's strange how crisp the object in the imagine seems to be considering the age and quality of the photo. Plus it's horizontal, giving the time period and location could there even have been rockets in the sky then and there?

If it was a meteor and it was that low one could assume it would be better documented too because of the loud boom and broken windows they tend to make.

edit on 5-3-2018 by Athetos because: Added some stuff

edit on 5-3-2018 by Athetos because: +meteor

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
EDIT:
Sorry -- don't know how I misread "1937" as "1973".

edit on 5/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The photo looks flat, like it had a stray drop of developer fluid on it when they hung it up to dry.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
cool picture

"some UFO researchers have suggested that this image is nothing but a watermark defect that appeared during the development of the print. " - nope. development defects don't fly across the sky before being photographed.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
development defects don't fly across the sky before being photographed.

Could be both. Somebody trying to photograph something, and somebody screwing up the photo. Doesn't fit the witness's description of the sighting.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The last picture in your post when you zoom in it looks like it's piloted by a pig or a bull mastif!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Op, nice find wasn't aware o this one either. Good examples earlier though it does seem the "tail" is part of it.
a reply to: EternalShadow
LOL it does.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Exactly what I thought of too! Same shape and appearance of an "interior".

Fake or not, neat looking pic.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Be nice to see the photographic grain but not the digital grain. Yes I'm old.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Looks like the vapour trails from a meteorite burning up. If it had simply shot straight across the sky, that would have been the explanation, but it's describing as stopping and shooting upwards. They don't say whether it turned before it went upwards. I am wondering whether it was moving at such an angle that it would appeared to stop and become motionless, whiile in fact it was still moving. Like when you watch aircraft coming in to land.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

It's a type of 'scanning' dyslexia. I have been diagnosed with the same and they would flash up numbers at me and I often put the middle number first... I read really slowly because I look at the middle of a word and scan outwards both ways.

Sorry for the segue.

On topic I was going to say that it reminded me of the pictures posted by BeoBachter...

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

"It looks like the Norwegian spiral and other "rockets" we've seen"

Which all reality-based people realize WERE rockets.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
The photo looks flat, like it had a stray drop of developer fluid on it when they hung it up to dry.

Since it was midday in a large city and NOBODY else went on record as noticing it, what does Occam's Razor suggest?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

It looks like the Norwegian spiral and other "rockets" we've seen

Russia:

California:

China:

In 1937. Or did this reality have them then?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Since it was midday in a large city and NOBODY else went on record as noticing it, what does Occam's Razor suggest?

I'm not supporting any claim for or against this image being either a developing error or an extraterrestrial probe-weilding visitor, for I have no experience in either sphere; but where in the OP or the link does it state that the photographs were taken at midday? I did not see that.

It does state a few times that the intention behind taking the photographs was to capture the Christmas lights. Are Christmas lights usually illuminated and visibly distinct in Vancouver at midday? The photograph appears to show a dark(er) sky and distinct lights (or lighter areas) around the building, to my untrained eye; which one may imagine to depict a time between evening and early morning.

Do you perhaps have another link which clarifies the time at which the photo was taken? Genuinely curious. I have not seen this image before, nor heard of this case.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

No telling when exactly the picture was taken Jim. If the brothers set out to take a picture of the Christmas lights, on the newly constructed city hall bldg., this shot may have occurred sometime in the early evening, not during midday. The picture does show exterior lights lit up on the building, which would back up that statement. Also, this shot was probably taken in December and it may have been a cold night, thus many people would've been home. This craft appeared suddenly, shooting down from the sky and was caught on film moving horizontally, before quickly ascending back up into the sky. Good chance this happened so fast, that the few people out on this cold evening probably didn't even notice it, which makes this picture all the more extroadinary...if it is indeed a legit capture.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: GovernmentSauce

I live near Vancouver and I can tell you that we have very cloudy "British" weather quite often. So early evening can be as dark as night, especially around Christmas.

I can also vouch for the amount of UFO activity around these parts. I have myself observed many unexplained aerial phenomena and am constantly watching the sky.

edit on 5-3-2018 by HiMyNameIsCal because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join