It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: buddha
on another site!
it said the week Before the attack.
that the government said that they are thinking
of putting USSR at the top of the list,
and not terrorists!

The USSR ended a few years ago, unless you are being satirical. And, no, the Russians are not going to be elevated as a terrorist state. They are already a pariah state, but that's another story.

Yes I am being satirical! or am I ?
it seams like the hate for USSR IS going back to the old days.
terrorist going quiet, Kims going quiet.
so They Need some Evil for the people to focus on...

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: tommyjo

As far as I'm aware the policeman was first at the scene where Sergei Skripal and his daughter were found , that's when he was contaminated.
The likelihood is the poisoning happened at or close to the scene they were found at.

Possibly, but there was a Doctor who attended the Skripal's and wasn't affected. One of the theories is that the Skripals came into contact with the nerve agent in the house and became ill later on.

Lord Blair, a former Met Commissioner, suggested on Friday's Today programme the seriously ill detective had visited Mr Skripal's home. He said: "There obviously are some indications the officer, and I'm very sorry that he has been injured, has actually been to the house, whereas there was a doctor who looked after the patients in the open who hasn't been affected at all.

ITV News Link

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, it's been announced that the nerve agent is of Russian design. Called Novichok. Just announced that the Russians are being asked to explain how this agent was used.

BBC report

Russia's ambassador has been asked to explain whether it was "direct action" by the state or due to it "losing control" of its nerve agent stock.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Pretty much.

Sometimes it makes sense to just say it as you did. But to explain WHY you have to go into some detail.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So sounds like some very strong words coming out of number 10.

Apparently they have evidence that the agent used was off Russian origin and demanded that the Russians give a full explanation of how this was used in the assassination by midnight, a deadline that has now passed or face consequences. It will be interesting to see how this goes down now.

There are already talks of England boycotting the Russian World Cup and other diplomatic actions being taken against the Russian state.

Personally I think the UK and her allies should push to have the Russian World Cup cancelled completely. I am pretty sure that another European state could quite easily host the competition, not necessarily the UK.

So far everything is pointing to this having been the actions of the Russian state if we do nothing we look weak just like we did after the assassination of Litvinenko.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

May is saying to Russia there are two possible explanations - (1) it was carried out by Russia or (2) Russia has allowed this nerve agent to fall into the hands of some other group. Will have to see what the response is, if any.

Putin seems to be saying to us "What can you do about it?" and seems to be adopting an aggressive stance.

Even more interesting is the silence from Trump! No Tweets?!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I think the talk is about officials and dignitaries boycotting the World Cup, not the team. But, if Harry Kane is going to be out with an injury perhaps we shouldn't bother going anyway.........

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

There really are no good answers to that question.

If its Russian state action, which is looking pretty likely so far, then that is obviously awful, could not be seen in any other way than a direct assault on Britain itself, by Russia. But if it became apparent that Russia had actually LOST a batch of military grade chemical warfare components, it would be hideously embarrassing for the leadership there. There is also the possibility that Russia sold the materials necessary to create this stuff, to one of its allies, which would broaden the suspect pool... if the target was not an enemy of the Russian government specifically.

No matter which way you cut this particular cheese, its going to stink for Russia.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Flood of posts accusing the CIA and the Deep State under the direction of Hillary Clinton in 3...2...1....

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I think the talk is about officials and dignitaries boycotting the World Cup, not the team. But, if Harry Kane is going to be out with an injury perhaps we shouldn't bother going anyway.........

To fair even with Kane out Rashfords goals at the weekend.... just saying.

Anyway.....

I say this as a Scottish guy.

I have never supported England in a sporting event.

Until now, I think the best punishment and embarrassment for Russia would be for England to kick Russia out of the competition (or for them to come last in their group) then to win the competition.

However I also do still really think that some very harsh punishment is needed and Putin uses sport as a political weapon, so I think it would be amazing if they were stripped of the World Cup or the entire competition was canceled.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I still think this is a scam to put the blame on Russia.

Russia have asked for a sample of the nerve agent found. But i doubt they will get it. because the UK dont actually have any.
Its all a scam.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Considering the ongoing PR/propaganda war going on between the west and Russia - is it really that difficult to believe?

You can choose to believe your own government is on the "good side" and tells the truth - I'll stick to the more likely reality and believe that either "side" is perfectly capable of telling the same lies and committing the same crimes, all to further their own self interests and agendas.

Therefore when these types of stories come out I question who does the narrative/accusations hurt & benefit the most? This to me is more revealing than what the MSM tries selling as "facts".

But to each their own.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Nailed it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

You can think that all you want but unless you have proof of it, its just about as valid of a view as a believing that the earth is flat.

The uk government has said they have intelligence that the nerve agent came from a Russian state source and have demanded Russia respond.

If you have any evidence that Russia was not involved then feel free to present it otherwise its just your opinion that this is a scam to frame Russia just like it is a creationists opinion that the earth is 2000 years old and T-Rex never existed.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
If you have any evidence that Russia was not involved then feel free to present it otherwise its just your opinion that this is a scam to frame Russia just like it is a creationists opinion that the earth is 2000 years old and T-Rex never existed.

Exactly. Just like it's your opinion that the UK government isn't capable of spreading lies.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

Exactly. Just like it's your opinion that the UK government isn't capable of spreading lies.

Nope I am pretty confident that they are entirely capable of just that.

For example I believe they have been involved in the assassination of David Kelly and lied about it and a whole range of other things.

In this instance given the method used, the target, current relations with Russia and the Russians having previously been involved in assassinations in the UK I believe that it is entirely reasonable to believe the UK government when they say Russia was involved. Additionally the view of the UK government comes from information form the police, MI5 and SIS who I would also be inclined to believe over the Russian state who have also been known to lie.

I guess it comes down to a personal assessment of who you believe, the Russians or the UK.

Personally I believe what the UK is saying for the reasons outlined above and can see no reason to believe the Russians.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Okay, fair enough. Though if you can't trust the UK - and the UK has a vested interest in doing harm to Russia's PR - then obviously this assassination attempt would've been made to look like a "typical" Russian job. So if both sides can't be trusted, I don't see those as good reasons to believe one way or the other.

But at the end of the day I suppose it makes sense that one would choose to believe their own Government over another. More palatable.
edit on 13/3/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

You can think that all you want but unless you have proof of it, its just about as valid of a view as a believing that the earth is flat.

The uk government has said they have intelligence that the nerve agent came from a Russian state source and have demanded Russia respond.

Well Your government have not produced any thing but accusations. Dont you demand that Your government provide evidence to support their accusation?

Why do i have to provide something Your government dont even do?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Considering the ongoing PR/propaganda war going on between the west and Russia - is it really that difficult to believe?

Russia is in a propaganda war with the West? Woah. Now, let's look at who stands to gain by assassinating a Russian defector. Intelligence agencies want potential defectors to feel that they will be protected if they change sides. Therefore, it is not in the best interests of British or allied agencies to assassinate a defector in such an obvious way. On the other hand, Russia has many assets in play in Europe and the Americas, any of which may feel it to their advantage to switch sides. A public assassination delivers the message that Putin himself emphasized just the other day: "Betrayal will not be tolerated."

Given the above, who do you think is most likely responsible?
edit on 13-3-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Well Your government have not produced any thing but accusations. Dont you demand that Your government provide evidence to support their accusation?

What would you consider to be "evidence?" This murder fits a well established pattern, and does more damage to the British intelligence community than to the Russian intelligence community.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join