It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Chose not to deliver to Salisbury hospital this week, will leave it to Monday!

My lad jokingly told me to F off when I said he needed to pop into Lloyds for some petty cash

Covered his car in talcum powder before he left work as well

Btw soul, love the fact you think a white English man who says the expression far right and white is liberal

love the image you have of me, it’s wrong but who cares

Have a great weekend

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: Kurokage

Wouldn’t it be better to man up and have someone assassinate mad vlad?
Or should we just declare war instead, scene as Russia could cripple us with a cyber attack anytime anyways, it would be the preemptive move to make.

It seems to me that it's mad Vlad ordering the assassinating, and on British soil. I think the UK has a way to go before we get even close to sort of rhetoric coming out of Russia.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: testingtesting
Breaking now Troops have been deployed to Salisbury.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is telling me that they are now just cleaning up after themselves. Getting ridd of all the evidence.

Really? Think about it? The Policeman has since come out of his coma and provided the authorities with further details. The Policeman was apparently at Skripal's house earlier and the theory is that the nerve agent was ingested at the house. I would suggest that that the likes of water in the kettle/milk/sugar/coffee/tea was laced with the nerve agent.

The military deployment is nothing out of the ordinary as they are the experts in decontamination and chemical warfare. All the places that the Skripal's and the policeman visited will have to be tested and monitored. Vehicles uploaded and taken away, etc. With the capability to operate and decontaminate in a chemical environment what is so unusual about police authorities asking for such military assistance? They would be negligent if they didn't request such specialized military assistance under the circumstances.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

As far as I'm aware the policeman was first at the scene where Sergei Skripal and his daughter were found , that's when he was contaminated.
The likelihood is the poisoning happened at or close to the scene they were found at.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The Elephant In The Room

Nerve agents including Sarin and VX are manufactured by the British Government in Porton Down, just 8 miles from where Sergei Skripal was attacked. The official British government story is that these nerve agents are only manufactured “To help develop effective medical countermeasures and to test systems”.

The UK media universally accepted that the production of polonium by Russia was conclusive evidence that Vladimir Putin was personally responsible for the murder of Alexander Litvinenko. In the case of Skripal, po-faced articles like this hilarious one in the Guardian speculate about where the nerve agent could possibly have come from – while totally failing to mention the fact that incident took place only eight miles from the largest stock of nerve agent in western Europe.

Link

Stumbled upon this, tonight.. Certainly interesting to note. Who dunnit? Interesting the military is being deployed - possibly shows it may not have been UK state attack..?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Has President Trump said anything about this? just had a look on his page and I can’t see a mention

Then had a look on Breitbart and surprisingly, nothing

zerohedge to their credit have covered this story fairly well and non biased

fluff, Russians did it

That chap metioning elephants in the room has a long eared African elephant in his room living from his conspiracy books and blogs

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't know if its been mentioned already but for UK members there is a very interesting documentary called "Hunting KGB Killers" that tells the full story of the litvinenko case. It came out last year and I just noticed that its on All4.

I know its not exactly on topic but I figured some might have missed it first time so thought it would be worth pointing this out for anyone interested.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good spot I will watch that in the morning while I am waiting for the footy to start.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Just heard a report on BBC radio that Yulia, the daughter, was a bright, model student as a girl. She kept things very much to herself and didn't talk about it when her father was exposed and imprisoned. Although she moved to the UK with the family when Sergei was released, she has since returned to Moscow and was living there. She was only vising the UK when the attack happened.

A completely off-the-wall thought occurred to me - and I'm not sure I give it much credence myself - but what if she was the attacker, in a murder/suicide attempt. Maybe she was bitter about her life being destroyed and didn't agree with what her father had done. She finally cracked and spoke to someone in Moscow and was then sent for a visit to the UK with a little package.

Like I say, I don't really give it much credence, but is it any less likely than the idea that this was a false flag or otherwise perpetrated operation by the UK?

It may explain why Sergei was behaving strangely, shouting and seeming very agitated shortly before the attack. Did she say something to him about her real feelings?

Just a thought...

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

zerohedge to their credit have covered this story fairly well and non biased

fluff, Russians did it

Zerohedge says the Russians did it? Or are you saying the Russians did it is fluff?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: woodward2

I will admit it is suspicious she was travelling freely between Moscow and the UK under the circumstances. It would not be beneath Russian intelligence to blackmail her into killing her father, but not telling her that the assassination weapon would also kill her to tie up loose ends.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Realy you think this Russian could have been murdered by his daughter?

She lost her brother last year, her mother a few years before that but nevermind that she would be blackmailed into killing her last close family member

She also made at least one anti Putin comment on her FB

How did she get this nerve agent over here, or was she secretly working in porton down

I thought the conspiracy theories on the Russian embassies twitter account was bad enough but this one sinks even lower

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I really think this case is going to take a long time to get to the bottom of, too many possibilities to speculate right now.

It "could" be Russia themselves.
It "could" be someone on behalf of Russia.
It "could" be a false flag by someone so Russia gets the blame.

The list can go on and on........

IMO no one knows who is responsible, hence the COBRA meetings and general panic regarding the situation. It all seems like a lot of action over someone who (these days) seems a little insignificant in the cloak and dagger world, I understand a number of innocents were killed/harmed due to the seriousness of the chemical used....... but still.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Well, I do really hope it was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but is it beyond realms of possibility that she blamed her father for what had happened to her family, including the deaths of her mother and brother?

If it was perpetrated by the Russian state, why choose a time when she was in the UK for a visit? Why now? Given the method used, this was clearly not an opportunistic attack. Maybe it was timed to remove the two remaining members of the family. But why?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think it was a public warning to trump....Putin is saying shut your mouth trump, or this is what could happen....they can reach anyone, anywhere. that's why trump has been silent.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I think it was a public warning to trump....Putin is saying shut your mouth trump, or this is what could happen....they can reach anyone, anywhere. that's why trump has been silent.

I love speculation!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: woodward2

Been exactly my thoughts, hence the reason I asked if anyone had looked into the daughter.
Russian's are very good at playing the 'long game'.....and chess

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Realy you think this Russian could have been murdered by his daughter?

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility , the timing of the hit as mentioned by woodward2 is curious.
Until the police give details of a suspect surely she must be a suspect.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
on another site!
it said the week Before the attack.
that the government said that they are thinking
of putting USSR at the top of the list,
and not terrorists!

IF! that is true,
then this is a false flag.
and the army base near by has the gas?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
on another site!
it said the week Before the attack.
that the government said that they are thinking
of putting USSR at the top of the list,
and not terrorists!

The USSR ended a few years ago, unless you are being satirical. And, no, the Russians are not going to be elevated as a terrorist state. They are already a pariah state, but that's another story.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join