It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I don’t think you realize that bullying most of times is assault.

I just think you’re in denial. Just because it happened to you doesn’t make it right or ok for it to happen to someone else. Being called names is a whole world of difference to what is racism.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I agree that bullying is not the same as racism (and I indicated as much). However, there are traits in common.

According to this paper (abstract linked below), there is a social dominance aspect of bullying. That is the bully displays (sometimes through false bravado) an assertion that they are of the better social class, and the person getting bullied is being bullied because of displaying traits of being in a social class seen by the bully as inferior and less desirable.

This aspect of bullying is in part similar to racism in that the feeling of racists is that certain races are inferior to their race, and thus because they belong to an inferior race (socially, intellectually, or whatever) they should be derided.

The similarities do end there, and no -- Racism is not Bullying per se.

Here is that bullying study abstract:
www.annualreviews.org...

I will say that most racists -- just like most bullies -- are insecure hateful people whose insecurity fuels fear over people who are not like them. I'd go as far as to say that I would not be surprised if young bullies grow up to be adult racists. It's hard to turn of the insecurity and fear of other people who are different from them.
edit on 2018/3/6 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
double post.

edit on 2018/3/6 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

What else is racism if not bullying someone because of their race????

Bully is just a very broad term and racism isn’t very narrow.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
c'mon...use you tube, and you'll find racism is NOT OVER toward minorities.....there are all kinds of comparisons towards minorities and whites who do the same thing......some people here are unbelievable

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What else is racism if not bullying someone because of their race????

Bully is just a very broad term and racism isn’t very narrow.

You’re argument is to the wrong person. I’m on your side...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
c'mon...use you tube, and you'll find racism is NOT OVER toward minorities.....there are all kinds of comparisons towards minorities and whites who do the same thing......some people here are unbelievable

sure it is, racism has shifted to blacks against whites. The black race is way more racist towards the white race but because it's blacks doing it nobody says anything because some how in our society, racism is only racism when it's whites against blacks.

for example, look how many black comedians have a "white guy" voice and mock them, then look at how many white comedians have a "black guy" voice. None, couldnt find any. That's because if black people do it its ok, if white people do it, its offensive and racist. Black privilege is a thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

edit on 6-3-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I think I'm now considering owning a gun after watching that madness.

that wasn't an easy view.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

What ever happened to the days when people were brave enough to go fisticuffs??

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Then why did you say it lol

I said this:

If anybody who saw that sign got a little laugh out of it, I'd say it's a step in the right direction.

You twisted my words and said this:

If any other racists out there got a kick out of this racist sign.. I would say that’s a step in the right direction..”

How old are you Joshua? Because you've just proven that you can't have a discussion about race. Way to make your fellow liberals proud!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

You mean like this one?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

this is why i roll my eyes at white peoples accusations of racism, here we have a person that feels that blacks are more racist because a comedian used a "white guy voice" if you told a victim of the holocaust or someone who was forced to drink out of separate water fountains that you would be laughed at. black comedians use a "white guy voice" minorities in star wars, black panther, white men can't jump.....oh the humanity.
edit on 6-3-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

this is why i roll my eyes at white peoples accusations of racism, here we have a person that feels that blacks are more racist because a comedian used a "white guy voice" if you told a victim of the holocaust or someone who was forced to drink out of separate water fountains that you would be laughed at. black comedians use a "white guy voice" minorities in star wars, black panther, white men can't jump.....oh the humanity.

Racism is racism no matter how big or small.

If you’re saying some racism is acceptable, that is pathetic.

You’re the one that is perpetuating racism instead of remedying it.

Disgusting

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

a reply to: WarPig1939

Ummm....

The slaves lived in America too..

Jim Crow was in America..

The kkk revival..

All the welfare queen rhetoric..

Lynchings

The trail of tears...

Genocides of all the native americans....

Yup.. it is definitely the white people who have been colorblind the whole time..

There are still people alive today who PERSONALLY watched the public torture and lynching of Jesse Washington... right beside everyone else in town...

It is definitely BET and affirmative action that is causeibg all the drama... yea right..

It's rhetoric like yours that feeds the cycle of racism and ignorance. What you are saying is no better then your run of the mill racist. "WHITE PEOPLE"

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Racism is racism no matter how big or small.

If you’re saying some racism is acceptable, that is pathetic.

You’re the one that is perpetuating racism instead of remedying it.

Disgusting

I always call this out. If you are human capable of emotions, then you can harbor racism and hatred. No one is exempt from it. It's identity politics and this while white guilt ideology that's feeding into it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

so tell me how using a white guy voice or minorities in star wars is racist? you guys are just as foolish as the people screaming cultural appropriation at every turn. i just don't like how loosely the word racism is used nowadays, getting pretty tired of it to be honest.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

so tell me how using a white guy voice or minorities in star wars is racist? you guys are just as foolish as the people screaming cultural appropriation at every turn. i just don't like how loosely the word racism is used nowadays, getting pretty tired of it to be honest.

It's become a canard now. It's become watered down to a point where anyone "Brown" is being oppressed in this country according to them. The genuine civil rights movement has been hi jacked by SJWs. Yes, it has been turned against "White" people. Just see what going on in colleges.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

The big strong guys won too much for the little scrawny types to be able to live. So the Darwin theory in motion, the bullies beating people to a pulp business inspired the scrawny ones to develop self defense that stopped brain bashing bullies. Their inventions also help the 95 lb female grandma in a pinch.

edit on 7-3-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join