It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS video 'shows deaths of US soldiers in Niger ambush'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The video has been published by an IS outlet which is claimed to show the ambush and death of the 4 US soldiers killed in Niger last year , the video is said to show militants running to the scene and features helmet cam footage from one of the US soldiers as they battled with the terrorists.

The video shows several armed militants walking and running in a desert area apparently heading for the ambush, reports BBC Monitoring.

It then shows footage that appears to have been filmed by one of the US soldiers. At one point the footage shows US soldiers seemingly exchanging fire with their assailants.

One soldier is then shown apparently dead.

Fighting continues until the other soldiers are killed, including apparently the one who was filming.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

fought to the end.
RIP
our will is stronger

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just watched it. Were those our guys screaming in the background?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I wanna know why a foreign military is operating inside another sovereign Country ? it seems its perfectly ok for the US military to be anywhere uninvited and do what ever it wants, when they are challenged for it the mentality is they are always the good guys no matter the circumstance. This is idiotic.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

maybe because we are allies with niger and our forces keep their nation from being lost to civil war and various conflicts that african nations are prone to and because it allows our military the ability to reach anywhere in central africa quickly to support counter-terrorism operations, and well oil which india gets the most of...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth

I wanna know why a foreign military is operating inside another sovereign Country ? it seems its perfectly ok for the US military to be anywhere uninvited and do what ever it wants, when they are challenged for it the mentality is they are always the good guys no matter the circumstance. This is idiotic.

Our soldiers are there helping train local governments to fight against ISIS and other terrorist groups themselves. US soldiers aren't just going anywhere they want uninvited.

Niger does not belong to ISIS, and you're way out of line in trying to attack those soldiers for being there assisting against those terrorists. They are the good guys, and 4 of them gave their lives to help the people of that area.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
niger needs to be nuked

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Of course we see it that way. It's our team, man. Ride or die, baby.

How many militants does it take to take down 4 US soldiers? A bunch. These men went out like champions.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: mazzroth

Our soldiers are there helping train local governments to fight against ISIS and other terrorist groups themselves. US soldiers aren't just going anywhere they want uninvited.

Niger does not belong to ISIS, and you're way out of line in trying to attack those soldiers for being there assisting against those terrorists. They are the good guys, and 4 of them gave their lives to help the people of that area.

You are insane. We are there for oil and to keep Africa out of China's hands. We are there and not wanted.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

How many militants does it take to take down 4 US soldiers? A bunch. These men went out like champions.

The video shows they went down pretty easily.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
They are there to protect corporate interest's and nothing more, the West is totally fascist and the armies are there to quell any opposition to their money making schemes. If you think this US Military represent's you in anyway you are seriously deluded, yes the average guy is what makes it up but they are dictated to and have no control over their orders which are always and I mean always in favour of the bottom line......MONEY!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

maybe because we are allies with niger and our forces keep their nation from being lost to civil war and various conflicts that african nations are prone to and because it allows our military the ability to reach anywhere in central africa quickly to support counter-terrorism operations, and well oil which india gets the most of...

Stop paining it with flowers it is for the oil..

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Is it terrorism when it is in a warzone?

For me a foreign uniformed soldier pointing a gun at me and shooting my loved ones and country men would be just as much terror as someone in civvies doing it.

Terrorism. It all depends on which side of the gun/bomb you're on. One man's soldier is another mans terrorist.

Maybe its time we stopped creating these enemies and defended our nations from our own shores.
Sorry, I find it hard to feel bad or shocked when someone who signed up to kill for a pay packet and possible death, dies doing as such.
Innocent civilians who have no choice in it all and are written off as collateral though? They get my sympathy and pity.

Maybe it's time we ask ourselves, where did these enemies come from? What created them.
But not many want to do that, because we'll end up looking in our own backyards.
It's only terrorism, evil or a war crime when others are doing it yes?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

So, ISIS are the good guys, then?

The outdated liberal "hate America first" rhetoric slams into the brick wall of some genocidal Islamists inflicting their version of peace on everyone they can reach.

That's what happened in the crusades, too. The moderates were extinctified by extremists on both sides.

Liberalism is a hot-house violet, that can only exist within a greenhouse of an armed "peace-keeping" sovereign state. Otherwise it quickly wilts in the freezing air of cold extremism. Yet liberalism denies the power of extremism. Like a protester in front of that tank in Tienamen Square.
edit on 5-3-2018 by tovenar because: Because I've seen the Fnords of Yourway

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Should we save up and buy you an ISIS flag?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

RIP.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

So, ISIS are the good guys, then?

Nope. Never said they were.
Just saying maybe some people should think about why they exist.
And well ISIS may be bad guys, but depending on the eyes they're seen through, there are plenty of other bad guys out there.
Killing is killing at the end of the day. Doesn't matter who is doing it. Everyone has their cause.
Only the civilians suffer.

Just making a point about perception. No doubt there are people who out there who do support ISIS. Believe in them and their cause and no doubt ISIS has it's own heroes and martyrs. But the same can be said for any Western military's or other militarized groups.
Race, religion, political affiliation, power, wealth, the reasons for each team maybe different. But the game of war is the same on all sides.

I don't pick sides. It's all equally stupid to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

When your other option is surrender, a orange jump suit and god knows what awful public execution, i would say they had no choice but to fight to the last.
edit on 6-3-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Sounds like youre celebrating? I'm sure they weren't interested in an armed us patrol guarding their envoy. I'm sure the government of Niger doesn't want the US helping them taking out isis militants and wanna do it all alone without recon and air power.

Poorly executed mission but it helps no one allowing isis to run rampant in Africa

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Can I get you some vodka with the isis flag comrade?

top topics

join