It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the US turn into a full blown dictatorship in the near future?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
While I am aware at this point it is impossible because the people will not accept a dictatorship, thing is it might change over the coming decade.

Ever since the passage of the Patriot Act, we are gradually losing our rights bit by bit.

In addition, we now have people calling for the shut down of free speech because of feelings which is disturbing because in the past, it would have been laughable. I gotta admit, ever since the rise of the SJW movements, they crossed a very dangerous line with the use of Antifa Stormtroopers to silence conservative speakers.

I wonder what other freedoms we will lose next?

Well, there are those who would like to shut down free speech alright. If you open your gub, your are 'accused' of being, 'triggered' by an accuser, who obviously has responded because they have been triggered by what ever you had to say... such is a meme a load of shiite.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The way the politards are increasingly polarizing opinions, views and reactions, I can honestly agree somewhat with the OP's suggestion. Next up (opinion) will be some event to increase nationalism, fascism and a false sense of unity.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I believe that yes, it will become a dictatorship. Whether people will realize it or not is another story.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, I have forgotten about her though, looks like YouTube has quite a few good interviews of her.

Glad to see I'm not the only "nutter" around these parts...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

What rights have you lost?

4th amendment has been brutalized post patriot act, secret lists that accuse civilians of a crime but does not allow them to face their accusers or forces them to wade through a red tape nightmare to try and get off (no fly lists), civil asset forfeiture.

I am certain we have had more rights impacted in a negative way, but ive been up 16 hours and can barely keep water down so my brain is fried.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When the tool in the White House is saying worry about due process later it makes me feel like I live in a true democratic republic.

Maybe there is such a thing as a demagoguic republic.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Maybe there is such a thing as a demagoguic republic.

We're in it.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Maybe...

We are definitely in for turbulence..

40% of american jobs are “driving jobs”, once self driving cars hit all those jobs instantly vanish..

Kiosks will take all the server and cashier jobs..

We get to rewrite American society completely by next generation and no telling what form that takes..

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

impossible unless he was some supreme social genius that was good at hiding his true nature and winning over the vast majority of congress without any difficulty on a regular basis.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There are already a bunch of little dictators running the country. They're call politicians/corporations.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't think we have to worry about a dictatorship here, we have too many power hungry people who want a shot at that job. The rich people will keep up their arguing and contributions(bribes) and not allow someone who does not get re-elected take over. They will lose their ability to influence the president the way it has been done for many decades.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Modern dictatorships only exist by design from the oligarchies behind the scenes. We hear the term "puppet dictatorship" thrown around quite a bit. And quite frankly there has never been a modern dictatorship that hasn't benefited the hidden hands plundering said nation's resources.

So no, the U.S. won't be turning into a dictatorship in the near future. Not a chance. The illusion of democracy works far too well upon a nation enthusiastically embracing ignorance.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
First, thanks for a thought provoking OP! I am no historian, but I had a great history professor in my Civil war class who said no single type of government has endured forever, and so it will be with ours. The average for a Constitutional Republic (C.R) is 200 years so we are doing well...so far!
Now here is a list of stages that a C.R. goes through...
1. From bondage to spiritual faith.

2. From spiritual faith to great courage.

3. From great courage to liberty.

4. From liberty to abundance.

5. From abundance to complacency.

6. From complacency to apathy.

7. From apathy to dependence.

8. From dependence back into bondage.

From my lowly perspective, I would say we are in Apathy, and moving towards Dependance, but then again, a lot of the country could be in Complacency. Either way, we are moving right along this timescale.
www.rollitup.org...

Interestingly, there are other C.R's out there of which I had no idea.....

Ghana
Honduras
India
Mexico
Paraguay
Philippines
Republic of Ireland
Sierra Leone
Somaliland
United States of America
Yemen

www.ranker.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The US Government is evolving into a large business with profitable interests worldwide, if it hasn't already. The interests for and by the people are becoming secondary. I am guessing, in the future, the leader will be chosen by a congress elect based on military backing and family wealth. The appointee will not be referred to as a dictator but the leader of the country.

This is similar to the what the ancient Roman democratic government evolved into. It lasted about 1,500 years with numerous modifications and changes to governing body.
edit on 4-3-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Since the Two Party's are controlled, and work together as one with the controlled MSM to control the elections and spoon feed us Establishment candidates, while perpetually working against We The Little People, it already is a De Facto Dictatorship and has been for a long time. One hell bent on global military domination, no less.

Agree, and for those who don't think the U.S. is bent on global military domination, one just has to look at how much we spend on the military compared to other countries. We have military bases around the world and we continue to get involved in overseas conflicts that have absolutely no threat to our homeland. If just a quarter of our military budget was used here at home, we wouldn't be at each other's throats about domestic issues.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
what are they going to do control every aspect of our daily lives?

it's to late for that they already do it

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I really hate contradicting such a well made post , but everything you lolisted in a civilizations time line is subjective..

Every word on your list holds different meanings to different people.

How you liberty or faith, will not be the way I do, or anyone else does..

I think most analysis on thetimelines of civilization is flawed.. mainly do to the “wooden shoes, silk shoes “ interpretations of the ancient scholars..

The ancients believed that a civilization started out as “rough necks with wooden shoes” then they conquered other nations and became more civilized and started wearing” silk shoes”. Only to be conquered by the next group of wooden shoe wearing barbarians..

I personally think it is about corruption and wealth distribution..

Once enough of the peasants feel like the elite are keeping all the resources for themselves. The peasants burn it all down.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No worries here, it called a civilised debate. I see what you are saying, but the relative wealth post WW2 for everone in the US has led to a lot of apathy, whether it be lazy voting, or no voting, to the lack of real opposition to bi-partisan issues like the Patriot Act.
Combined with the reputation of Millennials, the coming automation of jobs, and the talk of a monthly stipend for everybody could be a perfect storm to usher in the dependancy stage. Look at Native Americans, their reliance on their monthly stipend drove them to drugs and alcohol, because it makes one lazy IMO.

This isn't Russia and the Revolution, there are too many people doing just well enough at the moment financially to start anything big. Why burn down a good house. The one factor going for us is those 100 million insurance policies strewn across the country! LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is actually a more likely scenario to the US democracy going down....

"Perhaps the most scathing assessment came from former vice-president for user growth(Facebook), Chamath Palihapitiya. “I think,” he told an audience of students at Stanford’s Graduate School of Business in December, “we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works. … The short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops that we have created are destroying how society works. No civil discourse, no co-operation: misinformation, mistrust. And it’s not an American problem – this is not about Russians ads. This is a global problem.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

It's a well written, neutral, article about how social media turned from a save the world tool, into something far more sinister.
edit on 4-3-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisrealIt started with the Political correct portion of todays society, kids and when I say kids, most under the age of 30 don't have a clue on how hard our parents had it but managed to survive, Kids today what everything for nothing and don't sacrifice anything to achieve their goals instead they want to blame everyone but themselves to including the Government and its so called dictatorship, don't blame the government blame the liberals that think that we need to take a more tolerance stance against those that say Merry Christmas, or that statue is offensive or God bless you ect, and for those that think the patriot act is wrong I agree somewhat but for those that think immigration should be illegal vs legal should keep their doors unlocked and lets see how they like someone coming into their home, To me Dictatorship is more than just the fear of one individual but the fear of a political movement that wants to turn us into the USSR, or China or North Korea, and freedom of speech is controlled by those that don't like what others have to say to include ATS.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join