It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you recognize this melody?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
When I was a child I wrote this little melody:

SacredLore on Google Song Maker :-)

(You have to press the play button at the bottom left, then it just loops.)

But I think later in life I happened to hear something similar on the radio.
Does this tune exist somewhere?
Does it remind you of something?
Like or hate?

The reason to wrote it down now is that I found Google's new Song Maker website. Nice way to waste your time

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Nice melody. Did you have words to accompany it as a child?

The sol - fa - me - re - do sequence at the end of the melody is super common, but otherwise I don't recall hearing this tune. Do you remember what you heard on the radio that reminds you of your melody?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Thanks for your time

This was just instrumental.

Regarding the end I surely had Dr. Strangelove in my mind.

The question is indeed more about the very first sequence that repeats twice.
I think what I heard on the radio was instrumental, a bit jazzy or old fashioned (Dixie?). Nothing electronic or Rock.

Do you happen to know of any websites or computer programs that can detect if a melody is very similar to another one?

As this is a conspiracy site, a few more thoughts on where artists get their ideas from (unless it is intentional plagiarism):

a) Truly original creation

b) Picked it up from the morphic field, will probably pop up all over the planet with different originators

c) Unconscious memories

In my case I wish it were c), with a twist: It should have been the music of a popular video game that everybody played in the Andromeda galaxy two million years ago

I think it would work well for a game, what do you think?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It sounds like Guantanamo torture music.

CX

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I Reminds me of the song we were taught as kids....the runaway train....lyrics went a bit like...."the runaway train went down the track and she blew....she blew".... especially the chorus

CX.

CX

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Or maybe just the end bit...

CX.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Catchy. Sounds like something that'd be in a children's show.

originally posted by: skunkape23
It sounds like Guantanamo torture music.

No, this is Guantanamo torture music:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
When I was a child I wrote this little melody:

SacredLore on Google Song Maker :-)

(You have to press the play button at the bottom left, then it just loops.)

But I think later in life I happened to hear something similar on the radio.
Does this tune exist somewhere?
Does it remind you of something?
Like or hate?

The reason to wrote it down now is that I found Google's new Song Maker website. Nice way to waste your time

Well.. as a former guitar teacher there are 13 notes in all of music (13 being the octave). Anything you can think of. Symphonic to Folk, Jazz to Rock.. has been created from combinations of those 13 notes (octave excluded).

Boogles the mind... Some pieces, melodies, phrases... somewhere, someway derive from those. Some are bound to repeat...

End of lesson for today.. now go practice!

edit on 4-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

well it made this song pop up in my head....and I haven't thought about it in a long time so there's that

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Obviously they remember WW2.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Yeah I got you mate.

This is music from the video game: MegaMan Legends when you go into the police station.

It also probably means that you and I become friends at some point. You and I go back to the past, and we put that song in the game. Yolo

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

If I am up there with Queen's "We are the Champions" this is a big compliment

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

Thanks! I do find the start of the melody similar in style. Not the song I heard on the radio, but somehow similar, indeed.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

True, I have always loved simple, catchy melodies. It may be something I picked up unconsciously and rendered later as "mine", possibly changed somehow. As I grew up in German-speaking Europe, it was probably not an English music. Only after somebody told me he had "heard this before" that I started to wonder.

Guantanamo: Now THAT's a listening challenge

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yup. And it took me some time to make all these 13 notes available in Google's Song Maker (Settings, Scale: Chromatic). The default is major scale and that was not enough for my masterpiece

Frequency is an amazing subject and maybe the people walking through the city with earphones on are not zombies but simply getting some magical uplift from music!

And I promise, I will practice more, teacher

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SituationNAFU

Love that song! But Pink stole it from me, I came up with mine in the early 70-ies

But indeed, there is something in the way the melody takes jumps. An interesting idea I once came across is that geometric patterns (forms) could represent music. How would Pink's song look if we had to draw it with a pencil, single lines only, not a painting?
edit on 5-3-2018 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I guess you mean this?

Close in style, indeed. But I promise I never got around to playing Mega Man. So many games, so little time. Sigh!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I’ve heard the last part before

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Yes, that was confirmed here.
The end was just an afterthought, I somehow had to kill that beast

The beginning is what I am looking for. Similar melodies were found so far, but I thought I had heard it almost exactly the same later in life.
edit on 5-3-2018 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yup. And it took me some time to make all these 13 notes available in Google's Song Maker (Settings, Scale: Chromatic). The default is major scale and that was not enough for my masterpiece

Frequency is an amazing subject and maybe the people walking through the city with earphones on are not zombies but simply getting some magical uplift from music!

And I promise, I will practice more, teacher

I used to upset parents by telling the kids "practice DOES NOT make perfect! " Why?

Frankly, some people are tone deaf or how they don't (and may never have) any sense of rythmn.

PLAYING FREQUENTLY and for fun, fooling around even.. is the theory...that itself will get you as good as you yourself can be. Not just practice alone...!

OK... Next lesson.. ya gotta send me $!
Peace... MS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join