It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's Easier to get a Gun in School than to get GOD in School"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: briand1218
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yeah because it should be easy to foist your imaginary made up God on the entire country as if this mythical being is anything other than a murderous serial killer. Way worse than the people shooting up schools I may add. I dont want my kids indoctrinated into this middle eastern cult.

Read the thread and contemplate the depths of the discussion before you make ignorant comments like that.

We aren't talking about turning schools into Bible forums.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You brought up the point on Christianity itself, in the title of the post you presented in the first part. And you did it cause you knew it was a very hot topic, you even stated such.

Every time you bring it up, I want to know, as would people out there who have children in the schools, how this would be taught and what basis that they have. And every time someone suggest teaching Morals, there is a religious overtone to such. And as it has a religious view point to it, therefore it would not be acceptable as it would offend those who are either not of that belief, or of a different denomination. Or one ends up with demanding of equality in the religions that most object to.

I also pointed out, the futility of such. Teaching a child morals in school is a futile attempt if they are not seeing such at home. Make no mistake, what a child sees at home when it comes to behavior has a far greater effect than what ever they are taught about such in school. And what most teachers will tell you, is that much of how a child acts or behaves starts in the home, and there is nothing that they can or will do. To do such is opening a headache that most teachers do not want to deal with.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join