It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists Find Something Truly Bizarre in an Isolated Medieval Graveyard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Most probably a pet.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I had finished watching this video suggesting there was a conspiracy about dolphins. I was thinking how ridiculous the theory sounded. And then I encounter your thread on the buried porpoise.
Who Lives in a Firmament Under the Sea?

Not saying I believe that there is a dolphin conspiracy, nor do i really believe in a dome earth. (though I remain with my mind open for possibilities.)

I am saying that it is an interesting theory and your thread made me wonder more about that theory. Perhaps dolphins are more than they appear to be? And somehow the ancients knew something about them?

Reminds me of star trek 4 the voyage home.

I remember playing a video game as a kid called ecco the dolphin and the tides of time where dolphins fight evil alien invaders.

Curious thought.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Bubbles got fired & came to spend the rest of his days with the humans
Of course a dolphin of his stature deserves a proper burial.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
FInkel is Einhorn!!!!!!

did anyone find a jewel belonging to a dolphins championship ring???

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The porpoise saved a small boy from a fishing village from drowning in a freak tide, dying of exhaustion in the process.

I have no evidence of this, but it makes me cheerier than thinking it was devoured at a holy feast as a delicacy.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Unless it was a mascot or pet it's a long way from Pict symbology to Monks?
Geographically as well?

Glad everyone included those links tho!! Super interesting!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The question has to be asked was this the body of a common porpoise or perhaps that of a visitor from the heavens , an aquatic traveler from another world which afforded it reverential treatment and a burial on consecrated land ?
The truth is out there.

originally posted by: stormcell

www.newscientist.com...

The dolphin seems to have been one of the symbols of the Pict language, categorized as "Pictish Beast".

Okay, time for some fun.

So the porpoise (not a dolphin...too many people are mixing them up in this thread) is from outer space--that's just silly nonsense.

Or is it? In Stormcell's link, it notes that:

The most common pairings of symbols used by the Picts are the mirror and comb, the crescent/”V rod” and mirror, and the crescent/”V rod” and Pictish beast

So we have a common pairing of the 'crescent with V-rod' and the Pictish Beast (which appears to be a porpoise or dolphin)--if you look at the 'crescent with V-rod' with modern eyes, we're looking at some sort of UFO, complete with two engines with flames coming out of them.

If you also note that one of the most common pairings on pictographs is also a similar UFO (without rocket engines, of course) and the mirror, I think that the mirror is just a stargate, and the porpoise would fly its UFO through the stargate in order to visit with and guide the monks in their knowledge.

As for the "comb," well that's obviously a side view of a UFO taking off.

I mean, there's no other logical explanation, amirite?

edit on 5-3-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Someone found Echo the dolphin's burial. Must have died during one of his time traveling adventures while saving the world from aliens with the help of the remnants of Atlantis.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe the porpoise or it's mother was a friend of the Monks. If the monks considered this animal a friend then they might have figured it deserved a burial place. Porpoises can be trained to do lots of things. It could have been a friend.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be rather far north or is the water warm there?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: schuyler

Absolutely no evidence whatsoever but until the bones are tested and the isotopes show it to be a terrestrial porpoise the possibility (however unlikely) can't be ruled out , it's speculation of the highest order but hey .... I want to believe.

Possible, but Occam's Razor is kind the size of a cleaver here

I would suspect (assuming there are no butchering marks on the bones) that it was buried in that direction by coincidence.
OR
As Dolphins are apt to sometimes bond with people in the surf, the dolphin befriended a local priest who had the dolphin buried with him? I once had a wild mother and child dolphin swim with me in FL close enough where I was able to pet the "child" dolphin.
OR
Some local legend lost to time where a Priest believed a family members spirit was re-incarnated in Dolphin and found a dolphin washed ashore and assumed it was a relative?
OR
Perhaps a dolphin protected a Priest Fisherman from a shark once? but perished in the encounter and the priest buried the dolphin with honors out of gratitude?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes that was amazing! Thanx for the posting of that!!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
My best guess would be this porpoise gained a reputation as a pilot for returning boats. They know to hang around fishing vessels and it's common for them to meet them returning to port. Maybe there were some dangerous shoals it helped them avoid or perhaps they felt it was a good luck charm.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Much better hypothesis than my guesses.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Nice Find, Smurfy!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
After doing some research this morning myself... I'm going with the Pictish Beast... which SlapMonkey mentions above

Pictish Beast

leolady
edit on 7-3-2018 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
the monks certainly knew that dolphins are highly smart and socially intelligent animals, maybe it was their pet anyhow.

so they gave him a regular burial to praise the lord and its creation.
edit on 8-3-2018 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join