It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20-year-old Dick's employees are quitting their jobs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

21?
You were three years late. You felon you.

edit on 3/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

18, 21, sue me for not knowing the age. It's been a little while.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Saying requiring people to be 21 to buy guns is discrimination is like saying you're discriminating by having a drinking limit, or an age limit to drive, or to vote.

It's not a "liberal policy" to have an age requirement to buy guns, it's common sense.

If people working for Dicks can't see the common sense behind these sorts of rule requirements, it's probably a good thing that they're not selling firearms.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

There are a ton of other places that those 18-21 year olds can buy guns and ammo.

They can't be sued for selling a gun when the owner commits a murder, but can be sued for NOT selling a gun to someone that gets shot?

Only in America.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It's also common sense to increase the age for tobacco, voting, owning a vehicle, joining the military, owning personal property, taking out student loans, applying for a credit card, etc.

All of these actions can cause harm to themselves and others, so why not restrict them as well. Since 21 is now the new 18, as everyone clearly views them as children still.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick
Not a bad idea.
I did some really stupid stuff when I was 18. I survived, through no fault of my own.

www.npr.org...
(There's plenty more)

edit on 3/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh same here, heck I'm in my mid 30's and still do stupid stuff occasionally. The frequency has calmed down a bit, but it does still happen. While being slightly sarcastic about what should be restricted to those 21 and up, there is a modicum of truth in all of those. I can see owning a moped or something along those lines, but a full sized car? That actually is a little frightening...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

If there are to be no age restrictions, then why are you saying 18-21 should be allowed? Why are you placing limitations and age restrictions. If my 8year old can fend off the injuns and protect Ma and keep the farm safe with his .22LR while I'm gone at the 7-11buying smokes, then he should be allowed to carry his 6 Shooter to school!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Vector99

NO OTHER RESTRICTIONS ARE CONSTITUTIONAL

A private company can set policies however they like. The constitution pertains to the government, not private entities.

For example, saying certain things can get you banned on ATS, and that isn't violating your 1A rights.

go buy a gay wedding cake

I'm not gay, so I have no need to.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

A private company can set policies however they like. The constitution pertains to the government, not private entities.

For example, saying certain things can get you banned on ATS, and that isn't violating your 1A rights.
Except where baking cakes are concerned.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Everyone that is outraged about the age increase and claiming its unconstitutional is just moronic.
It never states the age in the constitution. We made up the age. We can alter it at any time. It's not a big deal. What a dumb reason to quit a job.
edit on 4-3-2018 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
What's sad about this in about 8 months Dick's will be selling AR platforms again.
They do this every time a school shooting happens.

Make a big stink, stop selling, wait till price quadruples then line the shelves with cheaply made Chinese junk and Mark it down 10%.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
USA boycotting dicks

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I know for a fact

How?
Has god spoken to you?

that the document that founded this country was based on god givin rights

No it was based on the english bill of rights. That IS a historical fact. Even the right to bare arms was lifted from it.

cause god said so

Again has god spoken to you?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

If they renamed their outlet to DicksRuS, their New Employees would know unequivocally that they were about to be screwed ahead of time rather than later.
edit on 4-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Business Insider

"I cannot be the face of these new gun policies in affect [sic]," the letter reads. "I find them morally and constitutionally wrong. I refuse to be a part of a corporation with these liberal policies." Mccullar — who identifies himself as a 20-year-old avid hunter — apologizes for the inconvenience, stating that otherwise he had great experiences with Dick's coworkers and management.

"I firmly believe that it is morally and constitutionally wrong to infringe upon the rights of a law abiding citizen in any way, and I will not work for a company that pushes for the restriction of the Second Amendment," Degarmo wrote. "Also I will not take part in the systematic discrimination Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Edward Stack has arbitrarily decided to implement."

Thinking long term this could soften dicks new policies to the point that even 60's style discrimination of 18-21 yo comes undone. Yep i believe that there is a suit in the works and not only dick's & wal-mart's new policies will be shot down in the courts along with all restrictions on 18-21yo's.

I have been clear from the start in my position and i believe i am correct that it is simply discrimination to force age limits on buying guns. The only restrictions that can legally be placed on the 2nd is one of ability and not age.

18-21 should be able to purchase with military id or training certificate certifying ones ability to bare arms.

I kept waiting for the plural employees, but all you shared was some kid who took some righteous stand against his minimum wage employer? Way to "soften dicks."

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They can not sell whatever they choose.
Go get it somewhere else.
It is really that simple.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

there is no case yet
i said that in my response but you are not concerned with anything other than your looks and lodge

So you're not going to help this person and just whine on the internet instead?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Thank you brother! Although from what I can see, this fact seems to have completely flown over his head. That has a tendency to happen when one insists on arguing about a subject one obviously knows very little about.

The person in question already knows this and is just trolling in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky>>>> I would think this could get challenged in court, but maybe those in the know could say if it will be or not. We have drinking and tobacco age minimums. I'm not sure how this would work in the military, though. An 18 year old can't be in possession of an assault rifle or semi automatic pistol unless he's 21.
Honestly, I'm more in fear of a 16 year old driving a car than him owning a rifle. And that goes for a 30 year old , a 40 year old and especially an 80 year old. Its statistics. Hey, now out an age minimum on cell phones. Too many kids are spaced out with them in their hands, its annoying.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join