It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20-year-old Dick's employees are quitting their jobs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

i know plenty youngsters that have drawn blood

Me too. Check out the deaths from children fatally shooting somebody on accident.

Deadly Kids

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

yes that is how to get to the bottom of things.

here is the 1828 definition

Militia
MILI'TIA, noun [Latin from miles, a soldier; Gr. war, to fight, combat, contention. The primary sense of fighting is to strive, struggle, drive, or to strike, to beat, Eng. moil, Latin molior; Heb. to labor or toil.] The body of soldiers in a state enrolled for discipline, but not engaged in actual service except in emergencies; as distinguished from regular troops, whose sole occupation is war or military service. The militia of a country are the able bodied men organized into companies, regiments and brigades, with officers of all grades, and required by law to attend military exercises on certain days only, but at other times left to pursue their usual occupations.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

clearly they were not able to bare arms.
fail

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Also, let's keep with facts. The national drinking age is not 21. There is no national law regarding drinking alcohol. It was a push by our national government that states lower it. (I'd assume, of course, you righties would be flipping out about that).

Also, check out the "consumption" laws in some states. You might be surprised.

National Minimum Drinking Age Act

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

fail

How is it a "fail"?
It was a complete response to the sentence quoted.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

soldiers in a state enrolled for discipline

Where did you "enroll"?

able bodied men organized into companies, regiments and brigades, with officers of all grades, and required by law to attend military exercises on certain days only

When is your "military exercise" dates? And may I speak with your commanding officer?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

fail

How is it a "fail"?
It was a complete response to the sentence quoted.

not your fail but the failure of the shooters

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

you at least have to make as much sense as i do.

i mean i have the bar pretty low

if you just want to be contrary then keep on but if you want understanding then look to the root meaning of the word to know the definition
edit on 5-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Problem is, you can't debate someone who won't accept facts. You set the bar low, because I'm fairly sure that's as high as it goes.

In your own definition it shows that the "militia" argument doesn't apply like you and others think it would.

Just like the musket argument. You all say "what about the puckle gun?". Well how about it? There's a large difference between 9 rounds a minute and 45 rounds per minute. I'm pretty sure any one of us could take out someone with a puckle gun lol

And no, it's still not a "god given right". The way you argue this makes me wonder if you're not a poster with a different name/account.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You set the bar low

At least it's an honest assessment and, sadly, the most accurate thing OP has stated.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

lol
since we are being honest and nice you can borrow my step ladder anytime you want another attempt at reaching the low goal i set

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

militia is a fighting force just as it stated in the definition you and i posted.

anything else you inferred is on you not i

if we are ever invaded then the militia will go active or die

fairly simple we the people are the militia

edit on 5-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

under the set maturity age of 18 it is the guardians responsibility to ensure that the minor is acting responsible.

i know plenty youngsters that have drawn blood

Really? Outside of pictures of African child soldiers I've never seen a 6 year old carrying an an AR, AK, or anything else that would qualify as an assault rifle.

Why aren't they open carrying? If we want to get rid of gun free zones, shouldn't we be encouraging them to start putting pistols in their backpacks as they goto class for self protection??

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The states could place these arbitrary age limits (according to constitutional law from the 1800's) but the federal government can't. I don't see why a company can't discriminate based on age if their state doesn't have age as a protected class.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Move to texas or utah. 3.9% and 3.1% unemployment, means jobs are everywhere.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

Do you really believe that having your GOD givin rights taken away to be no big deal?
You believe GOD gave you the right to own a gun and not the state? Besides no one is taking away your right to keep and bear, they are simply adjusting the age limit to purchase.

I know for a fact that the document that founded this country was based on god givin rights and states may do what they like they can not legally discriminate. WHY?

cause god said so

If someone robs you and beats you up, do you call a priest or a cop? Looks like rights come from the law, and the law was written by people. Thomas Jefferson wasn't a god. He wrote some words on a piece of paper, and some other men agreed with him. Bam - we've got a government run by people. That piece of paper forbids state-sponsored religion.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
While I admire him for his conviction, he still needs a job. In the current climate we are in, jobs are hard to come by. Being 20, he only has a year or so and he can do what he likes.
The government or Dicks won't take any notice of this. In a few hours he'll be sitting at home without a job. Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and carry on.

Not anymore my friend. Literally every single business in my town is hiring. And it isn't localized. Just have to be willing to relocate and chase your dreams.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

If someone robs you and beats you up, do you call a priest or a cop? Looks like rights come from the law, and the law was written by people.

If i am robed and beat it is simply because i have givin that robber a path to me through sin. It is up to me to seek out forgiveness for the robber and myself. GOD uses peeps.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

The states could place these arbitrary age limits (according to constitutional law from the 1800's) but the federal government can't. I don't see why a company can't discriminate based on age if their state doesn't have age as a protected class.

Well i agree with you but the difference is the size of the business. Just remove the gun part and insert food. Would it be ok to not sell food to a certain age group? In some cases it would not hurt a bit but if the company is so large that no other food stores exist because they were forced out of business by the size of a company then that is a problem and is in itself against the law.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join