It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depth Of Russian Politician's Cultivation Of NRA Ties Revealed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Wow! You really have some Lefty issues. How is someone supposed to react to something so over the top.

Russia tried to influence our elections. I don't really like that. How does that translate to

anything and everything leftwingers want to get rid of as "coming from the Russians

We are lucky enough to live in a country established by some pretty intelligent and thoughtful people. We are charged with trying to hold together and nourish what they started. We're not going to do that by hating half the population of our society. Most elections are pretty close to 50/50. A big part of the population disagrees with yours and my position on many things. We all need to learn to deal with that.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

It’s illegal to loan money to a campaign?

No, I suppose it would be legal to loan money to a campaign rather than donate it, but that might appear to be setting up a future conflict of interest.

Can you prove the debt was forgiven?

So you are not as ignorant of the situation as you have been pretending. You understand the difference between Russian money going to the NRA to support the Trump campaign indirectly, and Russian money going directly to Donald Trump to help him out of the financial mess he created for himself. The loan from Russia was laundered through Deutsche Bank, presumably with strings attached. For further reading:

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The topic of this thread is a leak from the FBI Concerning if Torshin illegally gave money to the NRA. It was an investigation leaked with no context, and no proof Torshin gave money to the NRA. Much less money was funneled to the NRA then to Trump.

Do you know Torshin is trying to expand gun rights in Russia? Hence the meeting with the NRA? The relationship doesn’t seem that outrageous in context?

So, no proof money ever exchanged hands as a donation. A convenient leak selective in revealed information for setting up an implied narrative for political reasons. An to keep the dream alive, you enlarge the narrative and go off topic of this thread with only innuendo a loan might have had strings attached?
edit on 5-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

"A prominent Kremlin-linked Russian politician has methodically cultivated ties with leaders of the National Rifle Association and documented efforts in real time over six years to leverage those connections and gain deeper access into American politics "

This was my quote from the article in the OP. I made a comment reminding people of the possible connection with money funneled through the NRA. My point was not that this was proof of money being funneled but that this is another validation of the intent to influence US politics. This came through translated tweets from a prominent, connected Russian banker stating that intent.

I don't believe that breaks any law. But, I want citizens to direct our own country. If there are attempts to undermine that power, we should be aware of it and fight against it.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

And I see it in the context in that an individual was simply reaching out to an organization that advances gun rights to expand gun rights in Russia. I know it is splitting words, but cite where the article states the FBI was investigating the NRA for illegal donations? The article implies, but does not directly accuse.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Russians Bad

Russians Bad

Russians Bad

No contact with BAD Russians Bad Bad Bad

Good grief

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You're big on needing proof.

I don't think the article said anything on that subject. Cite where I claimed it did.

My comment was:

And, we should all remember the story about how Russian money was funneled through that organization.

Perhaps I could have worded it better but I did state "story" and my point was to remind people of a previous story that was out there. I felt this story related to that. Didn't say it was fact, didn't say it was proof. Only another story pointing in the same direction.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You mean a narrative like hands up don’t shoot for Brown in Ferguson? Just because the media repeats a narrative does not mean it’s based on fact?

There is a leaked investigation? Can you even cite a credible person on the nature of the investigation. A leak formed to play off the current media attack on the NRA? Very convenient.
edit on 5-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

No I can not.

I don't know anyone who you will consider credible that doesn't already believe the same as you.

Obviously any media source is suspect, any government source, certainly not.....That leaves me with....no one you will believe.

I guess your on your own.

....... leaked investigation? Where did you pull that out from? I get it your just making stuff up now.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Wait let me check Russian media. Their our best buds now with nothing but the glory of the US on their minds.

I'll see what I can do.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Facts decide if a person is credible. I was just curious if any person put their name to the release of the leak? Or is the details from a unnamed source?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This sounds pretty implausible to me. That's like if they said the Russians wanted to gain deeper access to American politics by infiltrating Planned Parenthood. Really? I mean if that's their devious plan, they'd better start firing their espionage guys.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

From contributions by a single individual? But look at Soros? However, Soros usually stands behind a Foundation.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Also find it odd nobody is specifying the amount of the implied illegal donation? We talking 1,000 bucks or 10 million?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Russia invaded Limpopo: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Facts decide if a person is credible. I was just curious if any person put their name to the release of the leak? Or is the details from a unnamed source?

They have an audio recording of him made at am NRA convention talking about how they helped him be an election judge in Tennessee.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

They have an audio recording of him made at am NRA convention talking about how they helped him be an election judge in Tennessee.

Can you define help?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Can you define help?

Why don't you just listen to the recording? It's on the NPR website.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why don’t you build a case on cited facts and logic.

Again, please define help? The NRA is under investigation, and leaves posted evidence of criminal activity? School cooperations have been raided by the FBI for embezzlement and kickbacks concerning lawn care? Yet the FBI cannot get enough evidence to raid the NRA? When you think damning evidence is posted on their site? Please forgive me if I don’t want to invest my time in your which hunt? Especially when you only provide speculation and innuendo.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Why don’t you build a case on cited facts and logic.

Please don't make me responsible for your lack of reading comprehension.

Again, please define help?

Here you go:

help
help/Submit
verb
make it easier for (someone) to do something by offering one's services or resources.
"Roger's companion helped him with the rent"
synonyms: assist, aid, lend a (helping) hand to, give assistance to, come to the aid of; More
serve someone with (food or drink).
"she helped herself to a cookie"
noun
the action of helping someone to do something; assistance.
"I asked for help from my neighbors"
synonyms: assistance, aid, a helping hand, support, succor, advice, guidance;

www.google.com...

Now let me use that in a sentence: "Money from Russia was used by the NRA to buy ads, make mailings, and organize events that helped Donald Trump get elected."

The NRA is under investigation, and leaves posted evidence of criminal activity?

No-one has ever said that because no political animal would ever dare investigate the NRA.

School cooperations have been raided by the FBI for embezzlement and kickbacks concerning lawn care?

What? Now you're just babbling.

Yet the FBI cannot get enough evidence to raid the NRA?

The Director of the FBI was appointed by the man the NRA supported. Work it out for yourself.

When you think damning evidence is posted on their site?

Whose site? Evidence of what? You're not making any sense.

Please forgive me if I don’t want to invest my time in your which hunt?

That's witch hunt.

Especially when you only provide speculation and innuendo.

Wrap your head around it, please.
edit on 6-3-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

ETA: Correction, a blogger has indeed claimed that the FBI is investigating the NRA, based on anonymous sources. NPR cites this source correctly, but does not attest to its reliability. It will be interesting to see if that report is true, and what the result of the investigation will be. Channeling funds to the NRA would definitely advance Russia's agenda. The NRA is one of the most divisive organizations in the United States. Their solution to mass shootings? Turn the country into a police state.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join