It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Direction, future of US solar panel industry in conflict after Trump's tariffs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bates
One of the greatest tricks the global elites ever pulled was tricking us, the people, into believing that 'free' electricity is not a viable idea.

How does free electricity work?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

It's a two way crunch, to be sure:

The new schedule will make them pay much more for the electricity they draw from the grid in the evening, while paying those customers less for the excess power their solar panels send back to the grid on sunny summer days.

www.nytimes.com...

Best folks can hope for is find ways to be sufficient off grid through varying means. Solar/wind/hydro. Once we can get homes self sustaining, then we can work on blocks, neighborhoods and so on.

In my area it is illegal to be off the grid. Even if I had 100% solar production and could be independent, I'm required to be hooked up to the local utility.
But our government isn't run by special interests! And I'm "free".

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Sorry but it's funny when some say there are slave wages in China.

They have a huge middle class.

They swarm HK every weekend with luggage to fill with products.

Spending big money, I see their shopping carts full of stuff.

I see bentley's and tesla's and everything else with mainland plates.

The Rolls are the bomb tho. Sweet!

I live in the corner of nowhere and still have a ferrari in my parking lot.

That's why prices are so high here and laws are being implemented to counter their influence.

Imagine if Mexico was rich, or better yet, tru story, Cali started buying up Colorado from the Texans in the 90's, for real.

Drove up prices all over the economic map.

We could deal with the texans. Good peoples.

Mainland Chinese are like people that just won the powerball lottery.

I don't think you're describing the middle class. I agree, a lot of them have become wealthy but it's like everywhere else, it happens only to a fraction of the population. There are 1.3 billion people in China. I'm sure the Bentleys and Teslas you see with mainland plates in Hong Kong are not the factory workers.

I am.

If they were owned by factory workers, I'd be applying for jobs there.

Middle class is fluid, it just takes a lower and higher class to define it.

The rich wouldn't be coming in on busses.

edit on 3 5 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

The problem is we dont produce enough to offset this, they might need our market, but we dont have the infrastructure and factories enough to exchange this balance.

but we are shipping out lots of hard currency to many nations and boosting their economies while strangling our own industries.

The problem is our currency isnt backed by anything anymore, and its falsely inflated by the stock market, we start tumbling a bit or suffering from a Tariff and our currency isnt going to be worth crap, which is why countries are already dropping it all together.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

The problem is we dont produce enough to offset this, they might need our market, but we dont have the infrastructure and factories enough to exchange this balance

Yes, that is a short term problem the market is already adjusting for (see the production expansion and new domestic plant by foreign operator discussed above). So short-term the markets have to realign, and long-term it is healthier for the domestic economy. The market has already set a price and American industry already exists in the solar field, for example. It just needs to expand to meet demand. That's the entire point of a protectionist tariff. To strengthen domestic industry which is better for the economy as a whole than shuttering our industries and sending our capital to China (or Mexico, or Germany, or ..).

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

It's a two way crunch, to be sure:

The new schedule will make them pay much more for the electricity they draw from the grid in the evening, while paying those customers less for the excess power their solar panels send back to the grid on sunny summer days.

www.nytimes.com...

Best folks can hope for is find ways to be sufficient off grid through varying means. Solar/wind/hydro. Once we can get homes self sustaining, then we can work on blocks, neighborhoods and so on.

In my area it is illegal to be off the grid. Even if I had 100% solar production and could be independent, I'm required to be hooked up to the local utility.
But our government isn't run by special interests! And I'm "free".

Those are lame laws, I agree, but you can get around most of them if you do it right. Make it all grid optional, hooked up but not connected, valves or switches to switch over to your sustainable systems. Every time they come around to hassle you you just hook it up for a couple months and then cut it off again after awhile. If they do get back around to targeting you again, it'll take them awhile, and at that time you just repeat the process. Every area's different, but this will work in a lot of areas that are somewhat restrictive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join