It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered Carbon....WATCH IT NOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If you haven't watched this...you need to. Quite possibly the Battlestar Galactica equivalent of well thought out sci to of the time.

This is truly one of the best series I have watched in a very long time. The storyline and character development are excellent as are the props....there has to be a huge budget for this series and they nailed it.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't have a TV. Can you give me a episode by episode synopsis? Can you do the character voices too?

Seriously though, it's on my watchlist. I've been hearing good things.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ummm...I absolutely love the show...too bad I've eaten them all...Can't wait for season two...

It was a good book too...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
VERY good show!

Be advised theres tons of nudity on both sides of the gender isle.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I don't have a TV. Can you give me a episode by episode synopsis? Can you do the character voices too?

Seriously though, it's on my watchlist. I've been hearing good things.

Ha...I couldn't even begin to do it justice if I tried.

Seriously blown away at how well it was made. Hopefully they don't screw it up after the first season.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
But. I've already watched it.

Think I will slip into another thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
it was good.. not great, imo.

joel is nice on the eye.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Agree, a great show blade runner meets Demolition Man, but better.

The latest x-files episode was wild too. They couldn't have made a better glimpse into our tech future.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It's on my list.
I tend to binge watch shows so I need to make sure I have the time free just in case I like it.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just read the book, a great read. I'm reading one of two sequels now

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I accidentally binge watched this too.....now sad as there are no more sob
Rumour has it another season may be in the running for next year....just too long to wait!
Very well made love the characters and the storyline which I found gripping!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My wife and I love it !

People have become "sleeves" , basically transferring your " self " into a new one.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Typically not a fan of space/future tech sci-fi. This one sucked me in.

Only downside is that all the actors and actresses were gorgeous. I was hoping Netflix was edging away from that.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I fell asleep watching something else on Netflix and woke up out of a creepy dream and Altered Carbon was playing. It was a scene with some guy covered in silicpn looking goo and agents shooting somewoman in the neck to destroy her disk.
I want to watch it now, but haven't had time.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Ummm...Cool...I’m definitely going to have to read the sequels...I’ve got the last four sequels of The Expanse to read as well...once I finish Ben Bova’s Survival...I’ve been trying to find the complete Mars color series by Kim Stanley Robinson (Red Mars...Blue Mars...etc)...I’ve read those first two they were very good...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

We've watched the first 7 episodes so far. Extremely impressive! We'd have probably finished the season already but since we watch television almost exclusively at night as nearing bedtime I particularly have been holding off until I'm not the least bit sleepy to watch each episode because we figured out with the very first episode that if you aren't alert you can miss important details. The hubs (a night owl) has generously waited until I am ready to watch each show. Gotta love that man for his sacrifice!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Love the show! The Hotel AI is very likable. I like his style.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
But. I've already watched it.

Think I will slip into another thread.

You did it wrong. Do it like I did, watch it drunk. Then you can't remember it but for the name and a few bits and pieces, and you get to watch it all over again!

I am not sure if that is a valid method, however...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: schuyler

Ummm...Cool...I’m definitely going to have to read the sequels...I’ve got the last four sequels of The Expanse to read as well...once I finish Ben Bova’s Survival...I’ve been trying to find the complete Mars color series by Kim Stanley Robinson (Red Mars...Blue Mars...etc)...I’ve read those first two they were very good...

YouSir

I'm sure I've watched the Expanse too. I just looked at the trailer. Yep, the dude with the funky hair cut, ex cop guy. I could watch that again too, now I've sufficiently blown away enough jelly in my skonce..

In fact, I was confusing the two. yegads...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You sir are very convincing, it was on my to watch list at some point but I think I will increase priority based on the comments here...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join