It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the bigger fascist? Trump or Democrats?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: neo96

Your own link talks about all the times it's been argued in court.
Can you answer my questions now

The link also talks about how it was ruled unconstitutional because it violated the 10th Amendment. It violated the 10th because the law compelled state governments to enforce a federal statute. It only removed the requirement on the states to do a background check, and didn't touch the federal background check, nor did it bar states from continuing to do background checks if they wished to.

But with a carefully applied amount of spin, one can make it appear that the court said background checks themselves are unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Nobody is talking about taking all the guns.

I see you still don't get legal rights and inalienable rights. Big shock.

Well enjoy the thread. I have # to do.

Go guns

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What Trump said was take them from crazy people then worry about the due process later.

What Democrats have done, and WANT to do is take them ALL from everyone else. Where due process isn't even a thought.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There are more fascist democrats by far than Fascist Republicans. The Liberals have always been suppressed by conservatives, they want to take weapons away from conservatives so they can go hit them with baseball bats if they do not agree with liberal policy.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Whats an "Assault" weapon exactly?

No aesthetic reasons please.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That all sounds like a lot of interpretation to me

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I am sure you have the ability to google the definition?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Whats an "Assault" weapon exactly?

No aesthetic reasons please.

Anything that propels a projectile through a barrel.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Policy? No.

Is it what he said? Yea, and no it wasn't taken out of context. I was watching, live, when he said it. Twice.

"Allow due process so nobody's rights are trampled...."

"Or ya know Mike, take the guns and then go to court because it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures...."

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Policy? No.

Is it what he said? Yea, and no it wasn't taken out of context. I was watching, live, when he said it. Twice.

"Or ya know Mike, take the guns and then go to court because it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures...."

Wake me when it becomes policy and we'll storm the Bastille together.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It wasn't.

In its 1997 decision in the case, the Supreme Court ruled that the provision of the Brady Act that compelled state and local law enforcement officials to perform the background checks was unconstitutional on 10th amendment grounds. The Court determined that this provision violated both the concept of federalism and that of the unitary executive.

That's what they said.

However, the overall Brady statute was upheld and state and local law enforcement officials remained free to conduct background checks if they so chose.

It's optional.

They can break the law, and get a free pass.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Definition of "Assault weapon" for those whose fingers are unable to, it seems, type in a search engine:

semi-automatic firearms with a detachable magazine and a pistol grip, and sometimes other features such as a flash suppressor or barrel shroud.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Policy? No.

"Wake me up when they've got it in writing that they can ignore due process and then we'll try to do something about it."

Got it, big guy

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I dont own a gun, never plan to unless the world starts to tail spin.

I dont want guns banned.

I believe every human has a right to defend themselves.

Firearms are the most effective way of doing so.

What do votes matter when your populace is disarmed, and you can just make your decrees all day.

If the guys in charge are the only ones that can have bows and spears, that rock isn’t going to do much for you.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure it matters anymore.

I think it's time to start pulling back from the insanity and start preparing for the consequences.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What matters after the people telling you should be disarmed are telling you election rigging is their first amendment right?

What's left after that?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Anything that is around me now could be an Assault Weapon. Even this harmless looking glass of tea.
Didnt you mean Assault Rifle ?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Only a single specific type of weapon is being regulated!

You still have the right to bear guns!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Policy? No.

"Wake me up when they've got it in writing that they can ignore due process and then we'll try to do something about it."

Got it, big guy

I know we're on a conspiracy site, but if it ever comes a time when due process is eliminated and approved by the government, we might. . . just might. . . . have bigger issues to worry about other than gun ownership.

Now hush.

I need to take a nap.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Didnt you mean Assault Rifle ?

You are correct, of course, but in the US assault weapons and assault rifles are being used synonymously.

Of course, the actual correct term is Rifles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join