It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Central Michigan University shooting breaks out, ALL schools in city on lockdown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: eNumbra

Correct.
All rifle types combined kill fewer people than shotguns in murders in the US.
Pistols are used in murders 20X more than shotguns.

But they are pushing the 'assault rifle' thing.
Why?

Because its harder to mass shoot with a gun than with a rifle? Recoils a bitch when trying to spray bullets and a rifle has a more sturdy grip.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Correct.

Why?

Because its harder to mass shoot with a gun than with a rifle? Recoils a bitch when trying to spray bullets and a rifle has a more sturdy grip.

Hmmm....interesting that the largest casualty school shooting so far was VA Tech. That act was done with a pistol not a scary black "assault style" rifle. So, I guess that negates your statement of them being more lethal.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.....keep trying to ban those black scary things......it will do jack squat to lessen deaths. What it will do is further dilute the 2nd Amendment. And, think about who benefits from less armed citizens in this country.

Hint, it isn't the typical citizen.

edit on 3/2/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Correct.

Why?

Sorry mate, maybe cause I'm tired but (if English is a second language apologies) mass shoot with a gun than with a rifle... I need some more context with this statement!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Correct.

Why?

Logical conclusion?
It’s feel good legislation.

Full conspiracy theorist?
Disarmament one type of gun at a time.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: notsure1
Saw this earlier on my local news .. said 2 shot. sounds like a run of the mill shooting. not a mass shooter.

Run. Of. The. Mill. Shooting.

Unbelievable.

35 gun related homicides in the US every day.

I can only compare to denmark where guns are banned.
We had a total of 54 deaths from shootings across all of last year. That's 0,0009 % of the population.

US percentage is 0,004% or almost four times as high when compared in percentage of population.

According to your statement, guns are BANNED in Denmark yet you still had 54 deaths from shootings. How does that happen if guns are banned?? So, even a gun ban doesn't stop gun related deaths! Your statement was more helpful than you know.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Also, the current spate of children gowing up in this country (starting about 25 years ago) have been told since birth the the government is their surrogate mommy and daddy.

That the government will protect them, so there is no need to do it yourself.

The government will feed you, so there is no need to do it yourself.

The government will heal you so there is no need to worry about that on your own.

What political philosophy advocates that type of total control over every aspect of a person's life? Gee, I wonder. Could that be the reason this has become such a mainstream issue in the MSM leading to this point?

The old idea of American independence, of self sufficiency, of measuring a person by their deeds and not their words has been systematically trodden upon for decades. Is anyone surprised here that the 2nd Amendment is under it's most fervent trials to date?

edit on 3/2/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprimevoyager
Ok people. I live in Mt. Pleasant. Spring break started today, he was hospitalized for drugs last night and released this morning. His parents came to get him today and he shot them both in his dorm.

He is still at large. And probably hiding in a wooded park area I know very well.

So, ok. There's nothing wrong with this shooting. It fits with the American Standard for action with a gun.

See? The shooter was just doing exactly what every American buys his gun for, and why the NRA insists everybody should have the right to keep and bear arms.

His parents are his "government", they make the rules of the household, just like the government of the people.

The parents (government) came to "impose" their rules on the guy (citizen), and he protected his rights against the tyrants (parents), by employing the weapon of choice (arms) to defend himself, against the "unjust" government (parents).

That's exactly why Americans insist on the right to bear arms. To protect themselves "against the government".

So, I see nothing wrong here, folks.

We should all be praising the guy, for standing up to those tyrants.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Well if it a black shooter with an illegal weapon you can guarantee the liberal media won't be mentioning that and may not even cover the shooting at all.

Unless he is killed in a shootout, then its "Hands up; dont shoot"

Yes, its really gotten that bad

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can't believe they haven't found this guy yet. Police are all over the place and they've had a helicopter circling over town nonstop. I can still hear it going over my office building every several minutes. There are side streets taped off mostly near the tree line of the river that runs through parts of town. Unless he got a car, I wouldn't think he made it far from campus. If he is hiding, I would think dogs would be able to track him.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am hoping he is just at somebody he knows and is hiding out and will come to his senses and turn himself in.
What I fear is he did a home invasion and has hostages!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ft Hood shooting was done with pistols too.

But that wasn't a mass shooting, according to Obama, ot was workplace violence.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Correct.

Why?

I am not sure that you even read my post, judging by your response.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The guy killed his parents. Guessing college wasn't going well and spring break was his end. Central is known as a real liberal party place. Used to go there to party great place for that and drugs.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The guy killed his parents. Guessing college wasn't going well and spring break was his end. Central is known as a real liberal party place. Used to go there to party great place for that and drugs.

Sounds like the parents should have taught him the meaning of "no" earlier on while growing up. And teaching him about life and failing, and how to overcome what lies ahead. Until waiting almost 20 years for him to snap once he is placed into the real world.

Shame....really a shame.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

I think what happened, considering he either had been to the hospital the night before as a 911 call was made. I think he was binge drinking and possibly more Being it the last night before spring break. His parent came to pick him up and he was still wasted, hungover ect. His mom and dad came inside to pick him up and being that his dad was a cop maybe a argument occurred and became a fight between his dad and him and during the scuffle the dads gun came into play somehow, what happened exactly that ended up in killing both parents IDK. But I do know that it was a gun free zone and that cop dad should have obeyed the rules.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Still haven't found him. It's bussiness as usual on the main drag through town. Helo is still ciricling the park areas.

My theory is he offed himself somewhere in the wooded area in the park.

Ill keep you people posted.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprimevoyager
Still haven't found him. It's bussiness as usual on the main drag through town. Helo is still ciricling the park areas.

My theory is he offed himself somewhere in the wooded area in the park.

Ill keep you people posted.

Was thinking the same thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Heard through some grapevines that he was released from jail this morning.

Hearsay and rumor at this point.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2018 by Disenchanted1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join