It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Central Michigan University shooting breaks out, ALL schools in city on lockdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

If the 2 victims are black I wonder how many of these guys are going to cry about black on black violence?

link   
All this MSM + government + public obsession over the FL shooter = everyone made the dude a celebrity = here goes the scientifically predictable next up wannabe, copycat shooter = Mass Shooter Contagion Effect (the blood is on everyone's hands not just The MSM [as usual] this time).

edit on 2-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: pavil

I was not commenting on the details of the incident but the flippant disregard for human life..an indicator ( imho ) of the insensitive reaction that society has for the value of a life..or in this case two lives.
" A run of the mill " shooting....as in... not even worth a second glance, only another two kids dead in a university. Like it is just routine.....no sense in a reaction..jeez happens here all the time...why are you even shocked this is run of the mill....shooter didn't take out enough victims in one go to make the " mass killer's " hall of fame kinda deal !
Society is sick ..it's terminal.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Seriously...wtf is a run of the mill shooting ?
a reply to: cosmickat

The kind that happened every single day in places like Chicago...and everyone ignores

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

UPDATE 10:23 a.m.: The suspect is a 19-year-old black male who is approx. 5 foot 9 inches tall. He is wearing mustard yellow jeans and a blue hoodie. He may have taken off the blue hoodie. He is considered armed & dangerous. If you see the suspect, do not approach him. Call 911.

The shooter is 19 years old. Wonder if the gun was legally purchased. 2 down.

link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
a reply to: Jefferton

It really is. Smh .....sick society when two people are shot to death...and it is just business as usual ! Seriously...wtf is a run of the mill shooting ?

It's pretty simple if you don't have ideological blinders on.

Shootings happen all of the time, every day--even though there are laws against it happening. I living in the Greater Cincinnati Metro Area, and we don't have many nights where there wasn't a shooting.

In a nation where keeping and bearing arms is a right for the vast majority of people, there will be those certain folks in society who abuse said right and ignore said laws. But in a nation of more than 320-million people and an average of about 10,000 non-suicide related cases of gun violence per year (some justified by law), a run-of-the-mill shooting is one of these 0.003125% of our population acting with blatant disregard for law and the value of human life that is NOT associated with a mass shooting, which is the majority of that miniscule minority.

Does that explain it well enough for you, or are you just upset so you want to react with emotion and pretend that citing these run-of-the-mill shootings is utterly amazing?

link   
a reply to: notsure1

Not offended. Why would I be? ..it's just a run of the mill shooting

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am hoping all them kiddos make it home safely.

While some of our comments may seem lacking in feelings we do have to remember there is a killer on the loose and i am still praying that none cross paths

Cause i do not think it really matters at this point how much pigment ones has givin he is on the run.

Be safe all in the area and remember if you are driving then you are armed. use it if you have too.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

No offense, but do you do this every time there is a similar homicide?

This is an event that happens almost everyday here in America. Till we treat killers the proper way, it wont stop.

Our society glorifies violence and guns ect.

It's sad that it happens. People get shot and killed all the time, many of them totally innocent.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't have blinkers on..and am not that emotional.
If you like though..I can agree that I msybe have a different outlook on life in general..in that kids shooting other kids will never...be run of the mill to me. Don't make any apologies for that ideology. But if it brings you any comfort to make up scenarios about me in your head..go on with it
edit on 2/3/18 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 2/3/18 by cosmickat because: Dp

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well if it a black shooter with an illegal weapon you can guarantee the liberal media won't be mentioning that and may not even cover the shooting at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

If the 2 victims are black I wonder how many of these guys are going to cry about black on black violence?

do i get a prize

We Really Should Think About Banning Illegal Guns

sure they are illegal but we havent tried banning them yet

after all they are offensive as sexual harassment
edit on 2-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't no.
But...the moronic run of the mill comment demanded a reaction. Which was probably the reason it was posted in the first place.
Lesson learned though.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Society is sick ..it's terminal.

Actually, I think you are correct, albeit for entirely different reasons. The lack of empathy doubtless stems to a large degree from the divided nature of this society which has sunk to the point of tribalism and demonization of the "other". Pretty obvious to me this won't end well. About the best you can do is to absent yourself from the fray.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Press release from Central Michigan University:

Emergency Communication

Shots fired: Update 10:43 a.m.

Central Michigan University police confirm two individuals were fatally shot at Campbell Hall on campus this morning. The deceased are not students and police believe the situation started from a domestic situation.

There are no additional injuries.

Campus is on lockdown as the suspect is still at large.

The person of interest is James Eric Davis, Jr. He is a black male, approximately 19 years of age, 5’10” and 135 lbs.

Those planning to come to campus today to pick up students for spring break should stay off campus until further notice. Please go to the Comfort Inn, 2424 S. Mission St. University staff will be on site to support the families.

CMU police are working closely with local and state police.
Continue to monitor this page and CMU's social media channels for updates.
edit on 2-3-2018 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Well if it a black shooter with an illegal weapon you can guarantee the liberal media won't be mentioning that and may not even cover the shooting at all.

What are you talking about???? Its on the "liberal media" Right now. It must really suck, waking up everyday, thinking the world is against you.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

I don't no.
But...the moronic run of the mill comment demanded a reaction. Which was probably the reason it was posted in the first place.
Lesson learned though.

If I said just your average everyday shooting on planet earth would that have been less moronic?

Because it means the same thing.

maybe your moronic overreaction is the problem?
edit on 2-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

We will never know. And does it even matter ?

Moronic comments will always be moronic...however they are phrased.
edit on 2/3/18 by cosmickat because: Edited to reply to the poster's edit

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Justa nuther hey joe

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join