It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Jim and Tammy Faye Baker Have Left The Building

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You could call me a traveler of sorts.. a Dimensional Meta Traveler; a psychonaut. You wouldn't be wrong.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

But not all Effected are "explorers"..

..So why are detractors so sure the Mandela Effect has anything to do with traversing 'time lines'?

I do understanding your feeling. I've seen ME videos where they talk about time lines and say "we can create the reality that we want". I tried that, and I'm still not Snake Plissken. They are looking at different theories - I can't imagine you've seen a variety of those videos, so it's like saying "all cheese is gross because one time, Limburger".

Think from varying perspectives (please). What if the Effected are victims of a psyop or government meddling - and none of us want to be 'special' as you say..

...What if an experimental chemical was added to childhood vaccinations for limited dispersion (Effected are roughly the same age - that's the only commonality I've found so far - and I am looking hard). Some received the altered vaccine, others the standard. The result clouded my Sound and Vision so when we looked at maps, I saw one thing and you another. The additive is wearing off and I'm starting to see the world the way you always have. Both fascinating and 'not a timeline shift'. I can't have that conversation with you because you aren't receiving on your end.

Baddogma stated it in an easy to understand way. Simply, once the conversation gets past failing memory we are left with the possibility of an incredible mystery - something that may change the course of our species, and it's worth investigating to say the least.

I will tell you that to limit yourself within is to be limited outwardly - of that I'm certain.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I see what you did there (cern)

Yes and the same name reference for Project Looking Glass makes a person believe it has substance.

projectcamelot.org...
Old thread on it here
Quantum Surveillance' - Project Looking Glass
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm thinking we need to build a wall to stop all these people from just popping in to our timeline. We could build it and charge the people that cane through all ready. In total seriousness however we really should look into getting help for people that have lost touch with reality to the point they believe they are from some where else. People like this it's just a matter of time before they lose it all together and hurt themselves or others.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Interesting - ty for the links, will check it out.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I'm thinking we need to build a wall to stop all these people from just popping in to our timeline. We could build it and charge the people that cane through all ready. In total seriousness however we really should look into getting help for people that have lost touch with reality to the point they believe they are from some where else. People like this it's just a matter of time before they lose it all together and hurt themselves or others.

Like clockwork.

I rest my case.

Act one is the end - and the show now begins...

Their razor sharp tongues invite to relax
as they slip the skin of your eyelids back.
Invasive spectators get into the act
with roses and candles, silver knives and spoons.

RIP Rozz Williams 63-98

edit on 2-3-2018 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

If you actually did some research before posting knee-jerk "the sky is falling" nonsense every time your memory fails you, you would not have a case to rest.

It takes just a few seconds of effort to answer every question you pose on here, but somehow you prefer to think everyone is against you instead.

Try answering your own questions first before creating another pointless thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The explanation for this one seems obvious:

When Jim and Tammy Faye were in the news, the TV news would call them by their names, and that name was pronounced the same way as you would pronounce "Baker".

Therefore, when people heard the name mentioned in the news, they figured that if it sounds like "Baker", then it should be spelled B-A-K-E-R. And that's why some people remember it as "Baker".

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Simply, once the conversation gets past failing memory we are left with the possibility of an incredible mystery - something that may change the course of our species, and it's worth investigating to say the least.

I almost agree with that.
It's clearly not failing memory and it is a question worth investigating.
My investigations pointed towards the Mandela Effect being a trivial byproduct of our amazing minds.

Mandolia is my flawed yet falsifiable explanation.

Mandolia (man-DOH-lee-a) is a psychological phenomenon involving a stimulus wherin the mind assumes an error where none exists. This results in the mind correcting this "error" and adapting memories to accommodate the unwarranted correction.

There's a lot of variables but pretty consistently people remember what's easier to remember.

That's why we remember Pearlj instead of Pearj.
That's why we remember Baker instead of Bakker.
That's why we remember the JFK car as the regular 2 rows of seats not the weird 3.
That's why we remember Berenstein and not the weird Berenstain.
That's why we remember "Luke, I am your father" rather than "Obiwan told me you killed my father", "No, I am your father".
(Bit of trivia... The Empire Strikes Back comic from 1980 says "No Luke. I am your father")

Our barin deos peltny of tinhgs atumolticaly whituot eevn tynrig.
I don't understand why people looking for answers don't start there.

But let's say I'm wrong and ME's are completely unrelated to how memory works..
I'm a highly "Effected" person, most ME's work on me and I clearly remember you as PearlJ.

I assume you don't remember your name change, The Berenstain's don't, the Bakker's don't either.
Heart surgeons don't remember the old heart placement. South Africans don't think they elected a dead man president.
This leads us to a shocking revelation...

Somehow, people who have a personal stake in certain subjects are more likely to be correct about those subjects.

That's just common sense in my "Mandolia" world.
But the implications of that are massive in your "Mandela Effect" world.
Your name, location, occupation etc. clearly impact the realities you can access.

That means the Mandela Effect has to be intelligently guided by some inter-dimensional gatekeeper with omnipotent access to everyone's personal details. I think we would need to invoke a god to deal with that logistical nightmare.

It also means that the "Effected" like ourselves aren't actually blessed with greater sight.
We are cursed with confusion from a reality that no longer exists and is completely irrelevant.

I guess the moral is that we should just double check things.
Whether it's because our minds can play tricks on us, or whether it's because god hates us doesn't really matter.
Psychonauts, Dimensional Meta Travellers and even people who aren't crazy can be wrong at times.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Simply, once the conversation gets past failing memory we are left with the possibility of an incredible mystery - something that may change the course of our species, and it's worth investigating to say the least.

I almost agree with that.
It's clearly not failing memory and it is a question worth investigating.
My investigations pointed towards the Mandela Effect being a trivial byproduct of our amazing minds.

I agree it isn't just failing memory, but it's actually due to how normal memory works.

When we remember something, it is not like a tape recorder or video file stored as a whol in a few brain cells. No, instead the memory is built up of many many different peices of information the is scattered all over our brains, and becomes associated with old memories/information as well.

This association with old information information is due in part to the brain wanting to find familiar context for new information, so when the brain gets new input, parts of the input is linked to old (familiar) information.

It could be that when people heard the name "Bakker" (pronounced "Baker") being spoken on the TV news and by comedians and late night talk show hosts, their brains associated the name with the "Baker".

So when it comes time for that newer information (such as the names of Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker) to be retrieved from all of the scattered areas of the brain, some of that older information (the association with the name/word "Baker") is retrieved along with it.

Therefore, isn't a case that people who thought it was spelled "Baker" have a particularly bad memory, but rather they have a perfectly normal human memory.

edit on 3/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Please God please still let him be alive selling meme buckets..

# be mad hilarious.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I guess we've all got an opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

You've got your opinion, I've got mine.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I suppose your expressing "your truth".

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Opinions, like elbows - we've all got 'em.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Opinions, like elbows - we've all got 'em.

Sure.

However, some western Native American peoples were once of the opinion that natural stone arches (such as can be found in Utah) were once rainbows that turned to stone.

That may have been their opinion, but that doesn't mean it's a good explanation for natural stone arches.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It has always been Bakker with 2 K's.
I was writing extensively about him and other televangelists 30 years ago.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Or all these people aren't as dumb as they sound, and reality is somehow more subjective than we like to believe.

I am sure you are probably familiar with this circular argument of "no its "this" because I remember it that way". Its also not quite as clever as it appears.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Or all these people aren't as dumb as they sound, and reality is somehow more subjective than we like to believe.

I am sure you are probably familiar with this circular argument of "no its "this" because I remember it that way". Its also not quite as clever as it appears.

Knowing that human memory is a tricky thing and is not an infallible perfect recording of past events, I think it's more likely that the Mandela Effect has nothing to do with shifting timelines and alternate realities and more to do with the wierd true nature of how our minds and our memories work.

Our brains screw around with our memories, so that when we are recalling a memory, it is in fact a memory being recalled from our brain, but that memory has been altered by our brain.

Heck, our brains even alter what we see and hear, as in the "McGurk Effect":

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I suppose your expressing "your truth".

No, I'm expressing my opinion.
There is no such thing as my truth.

But you just did 4 consecutive posts of ignoring what people have said.

You clearly want to avoid anything that brings your vague theory into question.
I have 2 simple questions for you to see if you are serious about looking for answers...

1. When did you change your name from Pearlj to Pearj?
2. Why do you think that people who have a personal stake in certain subjects are more likely to be correct about those subjects?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You're preaching to the choir here.

Saying the Mandela Effect is caused by faulty memories is like saying 3D movies work because of faulty eyes.

It comes down to how the memories are stored via neural pathways.
That's why smells bring up certain memories.

But neurology text books are boring and almost impossible to understand.
Youtube videos about ghosts and goblins are fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join