It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Jim and Tammy Faye Baker Have Left The Building

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

hmmm Interesting choice of words .... outsiders.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

what you call " residue " - is really peoples spelling mistakes

just get over it " bakker " = an unusal and counter-intuative surname

" baker " = the 'norm'

i have just looked up a phone directory search [ approx 300k people ] - and 3 " bakkers " , 107 " bakers "

i wonder why people get it wrong

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Never heard of this guy, but I can tell you that 'Bakker' is the dutch equivalent of the english 'Baker' as in the guy who makes bread in a 'bakery' or in dutch 'bakkerij'

Never understood the deal about this Madela effect, I used to think that Face from the A-team was the same actor as the guy from quantum leap. Well turned out he's not. The universe MUST have split up in one where Dirk and Scott are the same person and one where they are 2 different persons. Or I was just mistaken. Who knows, hard to tell right?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Since they both are pronounced the same way and most people listened to the news how would you even know it changed?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

More intruders.

We need to build a mandela wall, to stop these freeloaders.

Damn insurgents, wrecking our timeline.

Get back to weirdo earth you lot. And take your Barnstayn bears with you.

*grumbles*

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Bakker.

www.imdb.com...

jimbakker666.blogspot.co.uk...

www.discogs.com...

and many many more...

You can't fool a dimension traveller with facts. Those facts are in fact a fact of the time line conversion. If it were not for those facts, the travellers would not know other wise.

The time line continuum is polluted with these aberrations. It will take a time line team, of super heroes and criminals, to combat the dastardly evil Dr Time to put them right, by making posts and asserting it's legitimacy.

Have you not watched sci-fi? Only those equipped with the knowledge of time travel and space will know, you can't achieve anything.. Your words are but mere buzzing of the ear, you need a tardis. And never ever go back to where you have already been... rule #1 of the mandela. you risk breaking time itself.. and I'm still watching what happens when you do.

LONG LIVE ALPHA VERSE !!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Since they both are pronounced the same way and most people listened to the news how would you even know it changed?

Joe: Hey I swear it was Bernstein.

Bill: It's spelled bernstain you dickhead

Random guy: Hey Bill, how did you know Joe spelled it wrong just by hearing him say it?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Yesterday I learned that the UFO buried in Antarctica didn't throw a rod, it actually lifted off and flew like the mothership in Close Encounters. Over a decade ago, a 2 year old named Alex speaking in Davinci code told me the aliens were just looking for juice, went right over my head.
From now on I'm going to remember the Mandela effect as the Minute mam effect.
Thank you Vlad.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I used to have a tee-shirt with a exaggerated clown face on it....the caption below the picture said...I ran into Tammy Faye. Sorry about the repeat..slow computer sticking buttons.
edit on 2-3-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I recall it as Bakker.About Berenstain/stein i have no opinion,im South African,maybe we didn't have those books here.Or maybe it was translated into Afrikaans,my other lingo.In which case they would've been called something totally different.I was more into Andre Norton and Willard Price,i honestly don't recall the bear books at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"Baker" is a common word and the common spelling of that name, so when people heard the TV news say their name, why wouldn't people naturally assume that is the way they spelled it?

It seems perfectly natural that upon hearing that name to assume it is spelled just like the guy who makes bread.

However, that is not the way they actually spelled it, and those people assumed wrongly.

By the way, I remember it as "Bakker" because the name reminded me of renowned paleatologist Bob Bakker -- who pronounces his name "Baw-ker".

edit on 2/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42

Never understood the deal about this Madela effect, I used to think that Face from the A-team was the same actor as the guy from quantum leap. Well turned out he's not. The universe MUST have split up in one where Dirk and Scott are the same person and one where they are 2 different persons. Or I was just mistaken. Who knows, hard to tell right?

Dirk Benedict was already well-known as Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica when he started on A-Team, so many people realized at the time who he was, and that he wasn't Scott Bakula.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Sorry. They were always the Bakkers (pronounced bake-er), from the beginning.

A simple mistake produced by hearing their names in the media more times than reading them. Lemme guess, you were a schoolkid when they got famous/infamous, right?

So you never saw their names in print back then, or you didn't notice the extra "K".

Mandela effect aside, this is a very common error.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join