It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Jim and Tammy Faye Baker Have Left The Building

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

They are now Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker..

Yep - you're reading that right, Bakker (Jim's Wiki, Tammy's Wiki).

This is a brand new Mandela Effect. It's not been reported in any ME circles (that I'm aware of). An ATS Exclusive! We were watching Vic's vids last night (below), and the wife noticed the name was wrong.

Of course there is tons of residue ..images, books, videos, etc.. I'm old enough to remember Tammy crying on TV and Jim heading to jail.. and I know their last names to be Baker.

Naturally, they have always been Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker.

Jim's still around, and has a new lady..

..So Get Ready

Kids Are Crying

Jim Has A Bucket

..So what did you know Jim's last name to be?

edit on 1-3-2018 by Pearj because: he wanted to add a photo and how the Effect was discovered.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I'm with you, Baker. Edit. I just called downstairs to my Wife and she remembers, Baker.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What???

It was always 'Bakker." It was always unusual that their last name had two Ks.

I remember the double K from when I was a kid! I loved the documentary 'The Eyes of Tammy Faye,' as an adult!Link

Always Bakker...I never thought anything other. It is a last name 'spelling anomaly' that is so easy to remember if you grew up in the 80s. I can't believe anyone honestly remembers it as 'Baker.'

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I don't remember the spelling for sure, but my mandela is Jim Bakker. I thought he died way before Tammy Faye.

Just looked it up and he is alive. Maybe i was thinking of Jimmy Swaggart..weird though.
edit on 1-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

link   
Absolutely Baker, 100%, no doubt in my mind. I grew up in. Charlotte, which is right by Tega Cay, their base of operations. They were a huge deal around here, and I absolutely remember Baker. I would definitely recall it being Bakker. This # is nuts....

Let me guess, all you Bakkers also remember Berenstain, right?

link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Definitely with MME on this one - I only remember Bakker.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

What???

That's in our timeline. Not that other one.
Our timeline has been invaded by outsiders.

edit on 3/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

OK I don't normally buy into the ME stuff but this one I am sure about.... IT WAS BAKER

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It was always Bakker for me, so much so that I pronounced it Backer, regardless of that being correct or not.

I can't find the pronunciation Baker, as in Tom Baker (Dr Who) anywhere in my mind for this man.

That being said, the one about the red cap in Bruce's pocket, that has me exactly the opposite way, I can even remember the pattern on the handkerchief/bandana/whatever it wasn't.

Weird thing memory.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
..So what did you know Jim's last name to be?

Inmate 36873

Baker sounds like the right way to spell...baker. one of those lazy mind things where someone very few care about will take time to learn the real spelling when its pronounced the same as a already existing name so they remember it that way...much like those bears.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

What???

That's in our timeline. Not that other one.
Our timeline has been invaded by outsiders.

When is that dimensional wall going up anyhow to keep these bad hombres out?!!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

OK I don't normally buy into the ME stuff but this one I am sure about.... IT WAS BAKER

I agree, not a fan of M. E. But it was Baker.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I remember Bakker--two k's. I remember thinking that was an odd spelling. It was never Baker; it was always Bakker.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
As long as they are kept in Skunk Works we'll be ok.

I think.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is eerie stuff... in general. I thought it was Baker, and would think I'd remember the very Germanic Bakker, but he wasn't in my top 7 million priorities despite being aware of the unsurprising hypocrisy of a preacher mowing through 'tutes and taking graft, so confabulation or ignorance is possible.

However, that some people who did pay attention are sure should let us entertain the possibility that they are credible, and thus that something weird is going on.

I understand dismissing the Effect, but really, when you look into it, many testifying to it are seemingly not idiots and are well aware of the failings of memory. Complete dismissal shows even more hubris than someone insisting their memory is infallible.

edit on 3/1/2018 by Baddogma because: correction

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I remember Baker very specifically because my dad had a friend named Jim Baker.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Good evening, I just want to say that I can only remember them as Baker, if it was Bakker he would be from Dutch heritage. Maybe someone knows if they were. Iam a Dutchman and my surname is; van den Heuvel (means, from the hill).
Bakker (means, baker as in baking bread)

😎👍😎
😎👍😎

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Did they change the last name after his incarceration term ?
I DO NOT believe in the Mandela Effect AT ALL
I went and asked ny wife who used to watch the show and was a huge fan way back when. Also , her mother was a big fan as well. Wife's response - Baker. As her mother , while alive , was a member my wife is going to seek out the correspondence between her mother and The PTL Club . This may get interesting....

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

I'm with you, Baker. Edit. I just called downstairs to my Wife and she remembers, Baker.

He probably went bankrupt after prison and changed the spelling of his last name for his new scam show. Looks like he's had Tammy Faye cloned. I remember she died of cancer many years ago.!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

lol ATS itself is a never-ending "exclusive" Mandela effect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join