It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defending your rights.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So I just posted this on another topic but I hope it gives some of you a perspective on how many of us feel about firearms and our Constitutional right to own them.

I can understand how people from different lifestyles add regions of America could view us as "gun nuts" regarding the number of firearms we own and our defense of them. Please understand that the majority of us aren't out purchasing weapons on a weekly basis though. Understand when family members pass away, their firearms usually end up in the collection of one or two specific family members. That quickly increases the number they now own. For example, I'll the likely inherit my father's collection. Many belonging to his father and grandather. These are family heirlooms and items left to us by our departed loves ones and mean a lot to us.

Yes, it may start with the banning of a single weapon but have you ever known any government program or agency that didn't expand once they got started?
edit on 1-3-2018 by Anathros because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

hmmmm. awesome

for the record i am not for a ban and i honestly dont know what the right thing to do is but this country is full of what i would call gun nuts.
i dont mean 100% obviously but its a lot.

you can see it how people are on here

there a lots of threads on here where there is a discussion and no mentions of bans at all and within a couple posts you start seeing the theyre never getting my guns bull#.

just the way it comes off to me.

in person too. dudes at work are talking and very quickly one of both just come off sounding like dickheads to me.

just comes off like ma gunz. ma gunz

and your post has nothing to do with defending rights

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I stand to inherit an absolute plethora of guns from my grand father and father. I am not a gun nut but I enjoy shooting at the range with my dad. Sure it is a deadly piece of hardware in the wrong hands but some how my dad and I always seem to have fun with them.

No one ever got hurt either.

Even though they are fire arms they do infact have great sentimental importance to me.
My fathers stainless S&W long noses .357 magnum is a thing of beauty to me.

edit on 1-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

But that logic can be applied to any topic these days.
Everything gets blown way out of proportion.

Abortion
Guns
Immigration
Equal rights

The only voices that get heard are the loudest and the craziest.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I can understand how people from different lifestyles add regions of America could view us as "gun nuts" regarding the number of firearms we own and our defense of them.

I find that term gun nut offensive. It's use has no other purpose than to disparage law abiding people.

To push an asinine agenda.

They whine about no dialogue when they don't even want one to begin with.

They want people to roll over and let them strip their right away.

You can take that to any fiat currency bank and cash that puppy in.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Actually it's a post regarding the reason we are defending our right to firearms but whatever you say. I'm sorry some guy sounded like a dickhead on the issue. That said, has it ever occurred to you that his attitude is due to the fact we're sick of riding this merry-go-round after any shooting while conveniently ignoring the root cause of why these tragedies took place to begin with?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

just comes off like ma gunz. ma gunz

Says the people going ma lawz ma lawz.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah I bet women hate being called murderers when they have an abortion, people calling for abortion to be illegal when it is all to do with freedom of choice does it.
Again freedom for all do not cherry pick.
Funny how people only back up freedom when it suits them.
edit on 1-3-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I see your still at it.

So why don't I have freedom of choice?

That only extends to women that want to murder their unborn kid?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

And you are still being a hypocrite.
So you want freedom to force women to carry your child..
Yeah screw the rights of women.
You only care about your own gun rights that is clear.
edit on 1-3-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah you're right about that.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Who knows.

Never forced one to.

Thank You for telling me.

I really had no Idea what I thought.

That's a relief.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You keep proving it.
I hope they do start checking gun owners for mental health issues.
Yours will be gone.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I have no problem with that.

My problem is not about people inheriting some good old bolt rifles and taking care of them.

My problem is with SOME people here who are obsessed with owning 45 assault weapons to "defend against an eventual burglar". Or worst, who believe that guns are the rod of God and get all cocky about it.

It's these people who leave me wondering about some gun owners sanity.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Indeed rights do get chipped away,

In the UK it was once law that every able bodied man and boy would practice Archery on the village common land every Sunday after Church, you do the same today you will end up in jail.. I say this tongue in cheek as a extreme case of course..

We now have a justice system that will prosecute someone for protecting themselves if it is judged to be disproportionate to the threat, hence many people just let crime happen as the odds of you being put away and loosing everything is a very real risk.. How the f#ck we got to this situation is beyond me but it is what it is..

Personally I see how they chip away at peoples rights 1-2% at a time and before you know it just having a pee shooter is a dangerous weapon.

It is fairly logical to keep guns away from people that are not mentally stable, the moment someone toeing the line working and paying their way are refused their rights then it is of major concern.

I am not able to have a firearm in the UK (I am not a farmer and live in London) however in the Philippines we do have firearms or I should say my misses does as she is the national, we shoot often and I feel far more safer in PH knowing that I have the right to defend my property and safety from threats than I do in the UK.

In the UK if you face an intruder and say stop I am calling the Police I kid you not the response would be "So what are they going to do", that is now the mindset here, the same situation in PH would be totally different and the criminals know that.

The issues in the US are firmly with social issues than with Gun issues but it is for the good folks of the US of Awesome to confront the elephant in the room even if it means triggering certain groups or individuals.

RA

edit on 1-3-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Who knows.

Never forced one to.

Thank You for telling me.

I really had no Idea what I thought.

That's a relief.

In testingtesting's defense, it is pretty much all you talk about.

Hard not to have that opinion about you.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You keep proving it.

If ya have to say it?

It doesn't.

I hope they do start checking gun owners for mental health issues.

How very Orwellian.

Yours will be gone.

Don't bet on it.
edit on 1-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Don't care.

It's never been relevant to any given topic.

A red herring is a red herring.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Jefferton

Don't care.

It's never been relevant to any given topic.

A red herring is a red herring.

It is painfully obvious that you don't care.

edit on 1-3-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Bit wrong all that.
I'm in the process of getting a firearms license and I'm not a farmer, I'm a gun club member never been in trouble and will have a gun safe.
2 million fire arms licenses in the UK btw.
Oh and I practice archery all the time in the woods even had two cops come over and ask me about it and when they saw I was responsible they just told me not to be silly, one actually had a go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join