It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65 shots in 15 seconds: video shows chaotic San Francisco police shootout

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
SFGate

San Francisco police on Tuesday released body camera videos of a shootout in which seven officers fired their weapons at least 65 times at a suspect holed up in an RV on a residential street.

They should have called a tow truck driver.
This is why some guns are overkill and bring crazy mentality to the table.
If anyone believes this was the best coarse of action then they likely have issues that require some type of mental clarity.
What you you ATS?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I guess erybady wants some trigger time.

SF of all places lollerblades.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

edit on 1-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

what a pathetic display of law enforcement...
these boys are trusted with guns and judgment...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Does the officer who falls first have a red aiming dot on him? Could be my eyes, but I swear I saw a red aiming dot on his chest area.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If only all civilians could be as well trained and as professional and discretionary as these fine officers. Then there would be no need to be concerned about all the guns out there.

ETA: I'm sure someone is wondering why they couldn't have used a smoke grenade. Sadly, on such a large open space as a RV, it would have either been completely uneffective or would have taken much too long to work in such a vast amount of space.
edit on 1-3-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Indeed!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

People make fun of 15 year olds that think they know how to stack up and find cover because of video games. I would trust them more.

This was a complete clusterf***.

Cops are so woefully undertrained.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Seven against one in a state that has some of the toughest gun control laws there is?

Over kill.

Literally.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Keystone cops at their finest...maybe its time to look at the standard procedure for police engagements in residential areas. Clearly there was no target aside from the RV itself so what exactly are they engaging???

They're all shooting towards the doorway which appears to give a good angle for ricochet and there is literally no one there. I could have understood a bit more had they been shooting at the back window which does seem to give a good vantage point on them...but damn. Open your eyes and use your brain SFPD...
edit on 1-3-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I guess you have to hope that the target was the RV, if you want to have any faith in their shooting skills.
If the target was the guy that was shooting at them, they failed to hit him.

link   
Just look at how fast bad ideas travel and take life.
One person starts shooting so we all start shooting.
If you notice during the shooting none of them have any thought other than shoot the styrofoam box.

I can see us devolving to the point where next time even people passing by will bare arms and join in on the fun.

link   

at least 65 rounds discharged - zero injuries - only in america

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

This one is the worst (other than the idiots that fell down and shot). Decent cover, runs out and starts blasting at nothing. No way he had a target. There could have been kids in the RV. I'm embarrassed by them.

Hurr durr turn in your guns the cops will protect you and you don't have the training to use a gun effectively.

This is hyperbole, but I'm actually more worried about cops screwing up a shot than a civilian. I've seen them at the range.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It looks like a scene of Idiocracy. California needs to get it's # together. Still a better response time than Florida though.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Except for the horror, it looked like a Three Stooges routine.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
They sat on this one since feb 17

due process lol

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I agree, I read another article that said there were 2 hostage/rv owners INSIDE the vehicle and the police knew that. And they still fired indiscriminately into the rv. I'm surprised nobody was killed.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
here's a multi-cam sequence,

You might think somebody is dead somewhere...maybe in the next state.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Now do you understand why many of us don't call 911?
Funny how I'm responsible for every round that goes down range, but these guys get to spray and pray with impunity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join