It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly emotional

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
About three weeks ago a young man committed suicide in our community. I didn't know him personally but had talked to his sister on occasion and his parents. It's a smallish town.
My daughter knew him fairly well as he was a wrestler and she a team manager. That and the sister is a freshman like my daughter.
His death was a total surprise to everyone.
We attended the viewing and funeral, i can't begin to describe the emotions flying at the events but it was amazing to see.

Anyways, I didn't think it affected me very deeply although I can't imagine the pain the parents are feeling.

But in the last week things have been punching me in the feels for some reason.
We binge watched a new show on netflix, 10 half hour episodes and i litereraly had tears running down my cheeks several times....wtf?
I didn't cry when bambies mom got shot!
I didn't cry at my parents funerals and I loved them very much.
But now I'm crying....
I'm not usually an overly emotional person.

My wife thinks it's related to the death of this young man, I'm not so sure. I didn't notice this until about a week ago, so two weeks after the funeral.

No solutions here, but I needed to get it off my chest. Maybe things will shift back to normal.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ummm...I know what you mean...I was all emo yesterday while talking on ATS about abortion...freaking leaking from the eye orifices...

The feels...the feels...

Rather uncharacteristic for me as well...maybe it's that google patent magnetically messing with our hormone balance...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ah, sorry to hear about the experience Bluntone

It is never easy to confront death, however it may help you to remember that this is what this individual seemingly wanted.

Could they have been helped? Perhaps, but there are no "sure things" in life, other than death and taxes

I would tip a beer back in his honor, and call it a day.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I hadn't thought of blaming google....lol

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

My wife thinks it's related to the death of this young man, I'm not so sure. I didn't notice this until about a week ago, so two weeks after the funeral.

the thoughts of your daughter knowing him and the feelings she might be having could be empathy you are feeling.

It sounds rational and logical, many people grieve later on or have feeling of great emotion a while after an emotional event happens.

No solutions here, but I needed to get it off my chest. Maybe things will shift back to normal.

thanks for sharing.

Hope things work out for you and yours

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I am sorry to hear of this young man who suffered so much that he took his own life. And sorry to hear you have been impacted. But, it's good to feel impacted - you are acknowledging his value and the loss of a person that was here and then suddenly gone.

The exact same thing happened to us a year ago. A neighbour that we knew enough to wave to (but that was it), that was the brother of another neighbour on the street decided one day to hang himself in the garage. The wife discovered him and ran to another neighbour, a young man who wouldn't hurt a fly, and asked for his help to cut her husband down. I had never met the man, never talked to him but that night it just overwhelmed me and I cried. I cried for why did he have to suffer so much and no one knew, was distraught about the young man that had to help and had to see the horror of such a thing and to feel so helpless in not saving him and being traumatized forever, for the family that had to witness their loved one and live forever after with such shock and loss.

I think this is what you are dealing with. It is normal, and so very shocking. One thinks of the hearts of those left behind and the utter sense of anguish the person that made such a decision must have felt for so long.

Sending you loving thoughts and peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Death has never really been a problem for my family. My wife and I figured it up one time.
My daughter had been to about a dozen funerals or visitations before she was 10. And 1 wedding..
It was just a part of life especially when you have many older friends.

Like I said though, I'm not sure the funeral is the cause, but my wife does.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

You might be right.
This kid was not one you would put on a suicide list.
Lots of friends.
Funny.
Good athlete.
As I said, it was a surprise for everyone.
Maybe just knowing it could have just as easily been my daughter is a reason.
I just described her above too.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why is teering up at sad things a bad thing, why are emotional feelings bad.
Here is a thought, embrace them, feel them and feel for others who are feeling pain.
That's a good thing
It's humanity

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's not that I feel it's a bad thing.
It's just something different for me personally.
My wife has always held her heart on her sleeve and it's one of the things that made me fall in love with her so many years ago.

And it's not just sad things,
I was crying happy tears while watching this show too. I have never gotten that emotional over a tv show and it's freaking me the hell out.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Enjoy it
Happened to me and I now connect with people, never done that prior
Took a hard edge off of me
It's good to hear, it's growth

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Why is teering up at sad things a bad thing, why are emotional feelings bad.
Here is a thought, embrace them, feel them and feel for others who are feeling pain.
That's a good thing
It's humanity

Who ever said they are?

A non emotional person has become emotional after an event that influences emotional responses.

Just sharing some personal news with ATS readers.

Of coarse its humanity to get emotional,

Personally I am tooooooooooo emotional.

Or are you asking just in general why some (tough guys, cowboys, your John Wayne's of the world) see it as a bad?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thought I was just saying being emotional, having/showing feelings isn't a bad thing
We live in a manworld that seems to think it's shameful

Not asking,mashing what I think, feel

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

We live in a manworld that seems to think it's shameful

I think times are a changing though.

I agree in the past, not near past but a generation or 2 or 3 ago it was more frowned upon by blokes and some of the ladies but I think it was due to how it made some tough guys feel, uncomfortable.
That is just personal opinion based on popular cultural stereotypes.

I mean even today there are both male and females that feel the same way, some ladies might find it unattractive that a man is emotional where as others find it attractive that a man can express his emotions.

Not asking,mashing what I think, feel

I sort of thought that because you didn't punctuate with a question mark after saying that, my misinterpretation.

Its good to share feelings

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

When I feel emotional,I go out to the woods and spend some time getting my feet back on the round.
Go hit the outdoors...it will do a world of good and seems to make things easier.

I hope things get easier for you.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Adding to your personal experience would likely be the 17 teens who died on the 14th. It is all there in your psyche whether you realize it or not. A body had limits to the horror it can withstand.

Tears can be very cleansing. Next time just let it go, get it out so you can heal tho you may not know the exact cause.

Best wishes Bluntone

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Honestly I have always been aware of my emotions and those of others. I don't suppress them that I know of.
I can almost always tell when someone is having some emotional issues.
It's not that I'm a cold hearted dick.

Just lately the feels are really coming to the surface.

Enough so that it's freaking me out a bit.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Perhaps these ocular fluids are not sadness-related. When I experience similar moisture I treat it with suspicion.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Honestly I have always been aware of my emotions and those of others. I don't suppress them that I know of.
I can almost always tell when someone is having some emotional issues.
It's not that I'm a cold hearted dick.

Just lately the feels are really coming to the surface.

Enough so that it's freaking me out a bit.

There is a disturbance in the force. Many people I encounter are uncharacteristically emotional.

I have been reading Revelations lately looking for answers.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join