It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia’s new nuclear weapons can avoid any missiles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
...video footage and computer graphics showed off the new weapons. In one animation, a missile launched from Russia was shown flying across the Atlantic, rounding the southern tip of South America, and heading up the Pacific toward the U.S. mainland....

now thats just teasing and its cruel, you go and mention an animation without including it in the thread!!

found it

a very interesting statement right at the end of the video there.

"it has unlimited range so it can keep going like this forever maneuvering" now that has to be an exaggeration but it is coming right out of putins mouth so perhaps they have figured out some way to power the nukes travel other then typical fuel? how could it go forever? why would putin say forever if he meant something like days instead. days would have made the same point, thats tons of time for a nuke to fly, but no, he said forever......
edit on 1-3-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Advanced man & artificial intelligence systems take control of all things connected to internet and intranets.
Including all missile silos and declared aggressive military defenses that seek to destroy mankind & EA*RTH...

Nukes now re-guided and trigger mechanisms within nukes neutralized causing non explosions.
Nukes fall. Country regime resolved.

Deactivate-

Be well ATS
edit on 3/1/18 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

i dont think AI would ever choose to use nukes even if it did turn hostile to humans, since the left over radiation would be a huge problem for it, radiation effects electronics quite a bit. AI if it did choose to kill all humans would do it by means other then irradiating the land it would inherit.

kinda off topic though should really get back to discussing this recent move by putin

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Under the NOBEL peace prize winning Obama, NATO has been surrounding Russia. As well, the US has been trying to destabilize Russia’s allies. Trump, even though he claims to be Putin’s buddy, has been talking about upgrading the US nuclear force.

Putin has been dissed repeatedly by the West. I mean what do we expect?

btw this is utter madness!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

originally posted by: vinifalou
...video footage and computer graphics showed off the new weapons. In one animation, a missile launched from Russia was shown flying across the Atlantic, rounding the southern tip of South America, and heading up the Pacific toward the U.S. mainland....

now thats just teasing and its cruel, you go and mention an animation without including it in the thread!!

found it

a very interesting statement right at the end of the video there.

"it has unlimited range so it can keep going like this forever maneuvering" now that has to be an exaggeration but it is coming right out of putins mouth so perhaps they have figured out some way to power the nukes travel other then typical fuel? how could it go forever? why would putin say forever if he meant something like days instead. days would have made the same point, thats tons of time for a nuke to fly, but no, he said forever......

I'm sorry!! Couldn't embed this one since I was at the mobile.

What a exciting animation, huh? I wonder if he meant forever like FOREVER or if it was just a bad use of words...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

check out this bad boy. designed to disperse nuclear radiation.

en.wikipedia.org...

The United States project Pluto.

Bad stuff/

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Discussing how AI would be used to stop nuke? Not to be used to destroy humans?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

kinda off topic though should really get back to discussing this recent move by putin

Yes. Now which country would have a skynet like system to prevent putin weapons?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

You know Russia or China for that matter would prob fly up and OVER the Arctic Circle Right? The distance is quite short from N. America to Europe and Asia. Look at the top of a world globe.

But that was always theirs and our plans....Us? Over Canada, the North Pole and down into Russia. We dont need to go around anything...neither do they.

Straight up...and over. Course.../we/they could launch from anywhere

edit on 1-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Sad we're entering a new era of nuclear arms races though. Massive waste of money. Massive threat to all life on earth.

I'm going to go with yes to the first and ho ho ho to the second.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was just wondering, do you think any uranium from the Uranium 1 deal might be in these shiny new nukes?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

The cold war did never end... Maybe there was a pause somewhere but the paranoia has always been there on both sides. The usa has always reseached and developed new weapons non stop. Do you think russia always assumed those weapons were not aimed at them. And in response russia never sat on their hands. Although they speak of treaty here and there.. behind the curtains they go on with what they always did...not to trust any agreement..ever. It can be costly..and deadly to be naive in this world with psychopaths running it.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Back in the 60s, they used to fly 24 hour B-52 missions around the arctic and other areas known as Chrome Dome. In addition to ground alert, they would stay on flying alert. After two or three nasty accidents, and some really bad close calls, they ended those missions.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Painterz

I see no hostility in this, it's just defense.

I would say it's an offensice weapon, it's designed to bypass systems designed to defend against weapons similar, just older.

Well you would say that because you have no idea about global strategies. You can't just block a global super power into a corner and expect them to roll over.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ever heard of magnetic poles? There's a reason they aren't crossed by flight.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Planes fly over the North Polar Region all the time, including some that cross over the pole itself. There have been transpolar flights since before there were jet aircraft. There are currently a number of flights to and from Asia that cross the pole on regular schedules.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So why do they never cross Antarctica?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Because until recently the only aircraft that could operate with an ETOPS rating that would allow them to cross Antarctica were four engine aircraft. And there are no routes that would require them to cross the entire continent. There are very few flights between Africa or South America and Australia or New Zealand. Qantas flies a route that they occasionally fly over the ice pack, but there isn't a big savings in distance for them to cross the south pole. The big attraction for the north pole is that it cuts way down on distance traveled. A flight from Chicago to Bangkok, going the Great Circle route would have to go from Chicago, over Canada, up near Alaska, and back down. By crossing the pole, they reduce that time, and allow more aircraft options.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It might be nuclear powered itself. That would give it unlimited range.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Japan don't want ICBM's on their turf, I don't blame them. Other than that, WW3 is coming and if it isn't world war then it will be something far more horrific. My bets are on the latter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join