It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia’s new nuclear weapons can avoid any missiles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

No, ten years ago things were quieter. Russia was looking at modernizing their conventional forces.

(post by JBurns removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Painterz

I see no hostility in this, it's just defense.

I would say it's an offensice weapon, it's designed to bypass systems designed to defend against weapons similar, just older.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Well, except for the fact that most missile defenses are paper tigers at best. This is just a modernization program to get away from 30-40 year old weapons.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Well, except for the fact that most missile defenses are paper tigers at best. This is just a modernization program to get away from 30-40 year old weapons.

That's a fair point. I wonder if they'll sell these to their allies as well

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Are they preparing for an incoming nuclear war or this is just politics?

“No one listened to us,” Putin said. “Listen to us now.”

Luckily Chi*a won't understand what's happening.

They don't use Nuclear weapons anymore they use Uclear Weapons now.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
First strike advantage... Russia

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an entire nation.

It's an interesting name they've called this, Satan2.

In twenty sixteen -

The "Satan 2" missile is rumoured to be the most powerful ever designed and is equipped with stealth technology to help it dodge enemy radar systems . This terrifying doomsday weapon is likely to strike fear into the hearts of Western military chiefs, as current missile defence technology is totally incapable of stopping it. Its official name is the RS-28 Sarmat and it will replace aging Soviet R-36M missiles, which NATO military experts nicknamed "Satan".

four or 5 years before, Putins advisor mentioned having nuke capabilities that could wipe out people but leave all buildings standing and untouched.

could be that this is what the Pope was talking about when he said Satan is real.
edit on 1-3-2018 by brokenghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's a fair point. I wonder if they'll sell these to their allies as well

Super powers don't typically sell the cream of their crop.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: brokenghost

All nuclear missiles are capable of that. They use a MIRV system that allows each missile to carry up to 24 warheads and decoys.

The Russian designation is the RS-28 Sarmat. NATO designated it the SS-X-30 Satan 2. It was given that designation as it was designed to replace the R-36M (SS-18 Satan).

As for the weapons leaving buildings, those are standard neutron bombs. There are a couple that are enhanced to increase their radioactivity, but the result is the same.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It makes me ask the question, why are they inflating their capabilities right now? It makes sense what you mentioned, other Countries have the same caps, but the possibility of them having some hidden tech they haven't shared is very possible. I hope it never gets that far.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Putin and Trump are putting on a show. Threats of war against a great enemy is how you get your nation(s) to do what you want.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I guarantee they have capabilities the person on the street doesn't know about. Everyone does. They started talking up their capabilities around the time that we announced the installation of Aegis Ashore in Europe. Even though it won't stop an ICBM, it uses the same VLS tubes that are on our ships, and can have cruise missiles installed without much modification.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Putin and Trump are putting on a show. Threats of war against a great enemy is how you get your nation(s) to do what you want.

The only trouble is, hoping the Dictators in charge aren't insane enough to just do it. Mad men don't think, as much as they react.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If they'd be crazy enough to toss one, just one from anywhere would be the kiss of death for the entire globe.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Neither are mad men. Both are strategists (of arguable quality, admittedly).

Putin stands more to gain by making provocative statements at home....but Trump also stands to gain from the comments. In the end, no nukes would be launched, as no one wants to see their children and grandchildren suffer. Thats the plain truth that fear mongers hope we ignore.

And if the leaders actually are monsters, there are a few hands that touch the decision before a button is pushed.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They're both wealthy enough, they've both no doubt about it, have their own private underground city networks. The only things I can see them doing this for at this time, is to trick the enemies and into believing they're planning a war. Reagan was a bit techy with in his time in office when he made the public fear he was going to push the red button of doom. I can't tell insane people from everyone else, other than the crazy ones are a lot more narcissistic in nature than ordinary folks.
edit on 1-3-2018 by brokenghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Was just reading, the Russians now apparently have a "nuclear powered" cruise missile with virtually unlimited range, can fly low, unpredictable and undetected and, penetrate our most sophisticated missile defenses hitting even our most well defended areas.

Wasn't this stuff science fiction before this revelation?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You'd be surprised. A single missile won't trigger a total exchange.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Washington times

This article is from 2015 speaking of the same systems. I'm sure there may be earlier mention of it. Point being this has been known and talked about for some time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join