It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sentenced to 300 years for child sex crimes released

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In 2015, Michael McFadden was sentenced to 300 years in a Colorado prison for sexually assaulting six boys and girls. Due to a technicality before his trial, he was released on Tuesday and can't be retried.

An appeals court ruled that his right to a speedy trial was violated, and a higher court refused to hear the states appeal of the decision. According to the prosecutor McFadden requested two continuances before asserting his right to a speedy trial during a third continuance.

m.wsfa.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

His name is known and I would suspect so is his face.

Being free could actually make his life much shorter.

These days kiddie fiddlers get protected in jails and not put in areas where they may be in harms way.

The street might give this guy the justice many think he deserves where as in jail he might not.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Well hopefully he has an unfortunate accident that involves being impaled rectally on a rusty fence post.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
imagine being the parent of one of those kids right now...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

I'd hunt his ass down and well.... *inset violence and mayhem here*.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

According to Rubenstein, there are two types of speedy trials: constitutional or statutory. In the state of Colorado, statutory speedy right trials require a time frame of six months, but with a constitutional speedy trial, there is no time frame, depending on the case. "There's prior precedent from other cases, where the court has said that constitutional rights outweigh statutory rights,” Rubenstein said. Still, the appeals court ruled the statutes had been violated. When the district attorney’s office appealed to the Colorado Supreme Court, the high court decided not to hear the case, upholding the lower court’s ruling. Because of that decision, McFadden was freed from prison, leaving many families in the community outraged.

Rubenstein says McFadden asked for a continuance of his trial twice – at which point a speedy trial was automatically waived – but on his third continuance, McFadden decided to assert his speedy trial rights.

Yep that ## gamed the system.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Ever seen the movie "Law-Abiding Citizen"? That's what comes to mind for me...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That's terrible, he will do it again and I hope they instantly give him
300 more years for his new crime. Instant should be speedy enough no?

Colorado has a reinstated death penalty too they don't use it much but I volunteer this man.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Those kids need their parents.

Any human with nothing to loose, in today's life there are a few that will gladly take the law into their own hands to remove a person like this from being able to even think about doing such a horrible act towards anyone's child ever again.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Would actually be glad he was released so I could do a little vigilante justice.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

I'd hunt his ass down and well.... *inset violence and mayhem here*.

Hells Angels would do it. This sad excuse for human filth deserves nothing.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I know this sounds really outrageous and the law is clearly outrageously wrong on this one. So much so that I would consider looking into the judge behind this. As for this disgusting monster he's just been released into the wild. No Corrections Officers to keep him safe. Although I don't Advocate violence against anyone I think this one will probably take care of itself

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The system is filled with swamp creatures and pedophiles.
The children of our species that have to live through such darkness and torment hold a special place in the afterlife.

Redemption and vengeance will be theirs beyond the short lived physical existence.

Can't say the same for swamp creatures and pedophiles. They need to be hung in public.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Man, I'd hate to be that guy's cell mate 100 years from now. Having to room up with a decomposing corpse? That would take some getting used to.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You gotta love that American Justice system.

The same can be said for any western justice system really. You get stories like this from all over now and then.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Sometimes I think the 'double jeopardy' thing has a lot of merit. I know it invites exploitation and political mischief, but in cases like this, there's a greater good worth aiming for.

Coincidentally, there's a major investigation in the UK after a series of serious sexual offence trials were dismissed due to bad evidence and cutting corners. Some of these offenders get out and go right back to offending with an incentive to kill their victims.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
...Rubenstein says McFadden asked for a continuance of his trial twice – at which point a speedy trial was automatically waived – but on his third continuance, McFadden decided to assert his speedy trial rights....

Yep that ## gamed the system.

how did he know to do that? what attorney was he using? why did the supreme court decide not to hear the case? i suspect the answer to these questions involve some dark corruption, its hard to believe the #er just got lucky again and again.

and everyone stating vigilante justice will clean this up, thats just excusatory apathy, the vast majority of sex offenders that get released continue to live life and more often then not continue to commit these acts until caught again, odds are in his favor he will not be attacked and will abuse more children. even further the odds continue to be in his favor that if he is by some miracle attacked he would survive it and continue to abuse. vigilante justice is a far less reliable justice then our own courts, and failures of the courts like this make that fact even sadder.
edit on 1-3-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Child abusers deserve nothing but swift death.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Since this animal asked for, and was granted continuances, then got released, I wonder if there was collusion?
Seems a bit fishy to me. Was he connected somehow? A procurer for people maybe?

Either way, you put personal justice in the hands of the state, this is what happens.
Much better to keep your mouth shut and kill him yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
He'll have a hard time finding a job or making friends, his background check will come back with "child molester" written all over it and no one will want a child molester working for them. That's the only silver lining I can see in this, in prison he is guaranteed two or three meals a day whereas in the real world he'll have a hard time finding any meals without money. Maybe he'll even get a taste of his own medicine from those who recognize him and what he did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join