It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump surprises me yet again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wow! The President has done it again:

www.theguardian.com...

Donald Trump stuns allies by signalling backing for tighter gun control

Donald Trump has repeatedly endorsed a series of gun control proposals that put the Republican president at odds with the National Rifle Association and stunned lawmakers within his own party.

The President made the remarks during an extraordinary, hour-long White House meeting on Wednesday with congressional Republicans and Democrats who are under pressure to address gun violence in the aftermath of the massacre at a Florida high school earlier this month.

Just when I think all is lost President Trump comes along and does stuff even dem Demz can't do.

I love it the way he has stunned everybody with this. Even the Guardian is shocked.

Well done my Hero! I am a liberal, but I have LOADS of respect for the President for thinking of the kids like this. It will be much better in the long run. America will get to keep its guns and be moderately civilized at the same time.

Like we all are saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Trump's the man to get the job done.

Don't hurt the babies. They are innocents.

I can start loving you all over again, US, if you take measures.

Stay strong!

edit on 1-3-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

im no business man, but threat tactics are the cornerstone of low balling.

this is none but a threat to the homebase for more solidarity.
Trump wants more flexibility with his other campaign promises, this gun control outlook is simply a small test to see who or what gives.

but to the easily impressionable, its taken for something personal and holy ^^

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder if this is some kind of fake out. To what end, I have no idea.
Maybe to test his supporters? Who knows?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Trump's base is stuck with him, even if he passes all sorts of gun laws. Where are they going to go? Are they actually going to try and find someone else to support? No they are not. So if Trump decides to sign gun legislation, if it can pass Congress, his base will not leave him, because where are they going to go? Bannon? LOL!

edit on 1-3-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I think the left, if they would get past the "resist" at all cost mentality, would find Trump is willing to make across the aisle deals to get things done. People seem to forget most Republicans dont care for him. Trump is more concerned with fair results than party (imo anyways).

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Other countries protect gun rights without letting all the drug induced crazy maniacs go on shooting rampages with easy access to guns. Most people favor some effort in stopping these crazy people who are taking drugs for their mental issues. The law won't stop truly evil people but it could stop some stupid crazy guy from getting easy access. The cost to turn our schools into court like buildings with armed security and limited access will cost a lot.
If everyone at schools had a gun, we'd probably have more deaths than all the mass shootings combined but it might end all the mass shootings at schools.

I applaud the president for trying something. Background checks need to be improved. If you are having mental issues and on drugs for this and acting violent or posting online threats that you want to do mass shootings, I think that should be grounds for an investigation and possible loss of gun rights. Most people do not do this.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
If this surprises you, you must either be young or naive (or both). What should surprise you is how easily fooled people are. This place is a disgrace to it's purpose with so many people who don't have a clue.
edit on 1-3-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I can't help but wonder if this is some kind of fake out. To what end, I have no idea.
Maybe to test his supporters? Who knows?

Frankly I see this as Trump throwing things desperately against the nearest wall to see what sticks.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think the left, if they would get past the "resist" at all cost mentality, would find Trump is willing to make across the aisle deals to get things done. People seem to forget most Republicans dont care for him. Trump is more concerned with fair results than party (imo anyways).

Exactly. Trump has common sense. That is foreign to most politicians. They all see everything from a totally partisan view point. Trump sees reality.

I think that Trump wants to do what is right, regardless of political viewpoints. I am certain that he does support gun rights. But he also wants to keep kids safe. I think he sees that by negotiating a middle ground of effective solutions, it will be better in the long run.

I'm not a fan of increasing the age limit for guns. There are a lot of hunters that would not like that. But perhaps they will end up with a result somewhere in the middle on all of the suggestions. That was why he told both sides to work together to come up with something that they all agree on.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

this is none but a threat to the homebase for more solidarity.
Trump wants more flexibility with his other campaign promises, this gun control outlook is simply a small test to see who or what gives.

but to the easily impressionable, its taken for something personal and holy ^^

Trump can try, but the Democrat politicians don't know the meaning of the word "compromise". It's either 100% everything they want or you're a racist child and senior citizen killer.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

not what you are thinking
all he did was try to assure that no bill would get passed just like the 5 immigrant bill votes that failed with his backing. Sure put whatever you want in the bill i will sign it then sit back and watch an abortion of legislature. I do not think his tactic will work this time but nice try.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

The arm of flesh will fail you!Never put your faith and trust into a fellow
human,you will be disappointed by the end results.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Don't worry some one will come along and spin it to demonize him.The man in some people's eyes can't do any right.
He could be the second coming of Christ and still get crucified.

Being from Canada myself I wish JT was more like Trump

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A women scorned perhaps?

Lots of people put trust in me to do my job and I don't fail them.

a reply to: mamabeth

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Lots of people put trust in me as well to do my job.
A woman scorned? The answer is no!
Too many are looking to some miracle politician to be
considered a savior to the common man.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Agreed. I really don't like this move tbh

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Hmmmm

This is the complete opposite of everything you post.....

Now you're a liberal????

So are all your posts lambasting the left really just troll posts?

Or is this a troll post?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That's good and I came off as harsh my apologies.
Just the old trust no one cliche gets me some times.

a reply to: mamabeth

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Don't get too excited or surprised. Trump can't remember what he says from one day to the next.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join