It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Flat Earth and the Hollow Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Not true.

Earth is closer to a flattened sphere, more so than even a sphere. It does not have 12 sides.

Meh -- for all visual intents and purposes, it may as well be called a sphere.

It may be technically true that the Earth is in reality flattened a bit due to the spinning motion thrusting the Earth's midsection outward, but it's only by a small amount, and an amount that would not be visually evident (i.e., some looking at it would think it was a sphere)

The diameter from pole to pole is 12,714 km (7628 miles). The maximum radius at the equator is 12,756 km (7653 miles). That is only a difference of 42 km (25 to 26 miles), or approximately 0.3% shorter than the equator radius.

That small difference would be difficult to notice if you were in space looking at Earth.

That's 10X rounder than the allowable difference in diamter of an official major league basball (any one baseball can have a difference of 3% when its various diamters ar measured).

edit on 1/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Yes but the inner surface at the equator will still have a column of air whose height is 4200 miles

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

Yes but the inner surface at the equator will still have a column of air whose height is 4200 miles

Again, it would be a assumption that it is all air. I doubt it is. But without direct observation, again, we can only imagine. And I imagine it is similar to the outside, and the remainder, weightless vacuum to the center.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

its fun to watch the increasingly complex "explaination " mutate

why dont you "explain " how the alledged entrances to the hollow earth work - in light of your 2 last posts

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Hollow Earth

It is harder to debunk. There is no proof whatsoever except some legends. It is were true can you imagine a 4200 miles of atmosphere above you at the centre. the atmospheric pressure there will be close to 300lbs/sqin. Now what kind of flesh and blood can survive there, certainly not the surface dwellers who are used to 15lbs/sqin of atmospheric pressure.
So if there are inhabitants in the hollow earth, they cannot survive on the outer surface. The trees in the hollow earth will be certainly huge

Why not?

Life exists at the bottom of the Mariana Trench where the pressure is 15,750 psi
Its not an air breathing life form

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Again, it would be a assumption that it is all air. I doubt it is. But without direct observation, again, we can only imagine. And I imagine it is similar to the outside, and the remainder, weightless vacuum to the center.

If it is a weightless place, then how does that reconcile with our gravity? If gravity is holding us down to the surface of the Earth, why would gravity disappear below the surface?

I can think of two scenarios of how gravity would work with a hollow Earth:

(1) Gravity is pulling toward the center of the earth, in which case people on the surface would feel gravity (we do), but people in the hollow part under the surface would still feel gravity pulling toward the center. However, I can see your point that if the center is hollow, there is nothing there to create gravity pulling toward that center.

which brings me to the second scenario....

(2) Gravity is pulling people toward the surface, not the center -- i.e., the shell around hollow Earth is the cause of gravity. However, if that were the case, people in the hollow part under the shell would still feel gravity, but that gravity would be upwards toward the underside of the shell.

Why would the outside surface of the shell have gravity but the inside surface of the shell not have gravity?

edit on 2/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

Sure they are. They just use gills to take that air from water. Also, water is still heavier than air.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Sure they are. They just use gills to take that air from water. Also, water is still heavier than air.
They dont have lungs that fill up with air

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

If it is a weightless place, then how does that reconcile with our gravity? If gravity is holding us down to the surface of the Earth, why would gravity disappear below the surface?

I can think of two scenarios of how gravity would work with a hollow Earth:

(1) Gravity is pulling toward the center of the earth, in which case people on the surface would feel gravity (we do), but people in the hollow part under the surface would still feel gravity pulling toward the center. However, I can see your point that if the center is hollow, there is nothing there to create gravity pulling toward that center.

which brings me to the second scenario....

(2) Gravity is pulling people toward the surface, not the center -- i.e., the shell around hollow Earth is the cause of gravity. However, if that were the case, people in the hollow part under the shell would still feel gravity, but that gravity would be upwards toward the underside of the shell.

Why would the outside surface of the shell have gravity but the inside surface of the shell not have gravity?

You must have missed the part I said Similar to the outside surface.

And I imagine it is similar to the outside, and the remainder, weightless vacuum to the center

And, I imagine your second option to be closer to the truth, of Edin. And, I believe the center of "Gravity" to be in the center of the crust, not the planet.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42correct....

Capitol c correct....fly a bombing run manually or just casual building hours playing.....straight and level with out the auto pilot is a correction every two seconds.......try to keep em small as possible...same as fine grading in a cat D8t....dozer.....constant corrections smaller the better.....now the gyros.....

I worked the Inertial nav version 2 on FB111-F's one huge set of gimbals with accelerometers all over it and three main gyro's

it was the accurate version....I wonder if it would have known the Earth was flattish....he he

edit on 3-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thw whole flat earth story is interesting. I don't think the earth is flat but I do think it's something to research. We take all the space agencies words about space to be 100% true.
Even though they cut off live feeds when something that looks out of the ordinary happens.
At one point in the past, people did believe the earth was flat. They thought you would fall off the end.

Hollow earth has always fascinated me. It's something that could have a ring of truth to it. I'm not taking hollow as in we sit on a thin layer of crust and everything under it is nothing.
I believe tunnels, shafts and huge expansive areas are under our feet all over the planet. Whether these are being kept from the public or those higher up are as clueless about it as we are, it's fascinating to wonder what is really down there.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You must have missed the part I said Similar to the outside surface.

And, I imagine your second option to be closer to the truth, of Edin. And, I believe the center of "Gravity" to be in the center of the crust, not the planet.

OK, so like I said, "not" weightless.

If the mass of crust is the source of gravity, then objects inside the hollow Earth -- even toward the center -- would fall to the underside of the nearest crust, just like things above the surface of the outside of the crust fall to the outside surface of the crust.

The only place that would be theoretically weightless would be a miniscule point in the absolute very center of the hollow Earth. Even then, differences in the density of thickness of the crust "above" that center point, and the fact that the crust is dynamic and always shifting, would make it difficult for any single point to be the center of mass.

edit on 3/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

its fun to watch the increasingly complex "explaination " mutate

why dont you "explain " how the alledged entrances to the hollow earth work - in light of your 2 last posts

To create 4 regions, 3 for mankind, one restricted, the Anunnaki resolved.

Give Mankind Knowledge, up to a measure of secrets of Heaven and Earth then teach

From the Lost Book Of Enki, tablet 12.

For those who wish to explore the Lost tablets of Enki 1- 14
www.youtube.com...

I have given great thought to the subject, in as much as my short life will allow. No doubt that their are those who still honor Anu's verdict of secrecy. But why the secrecy in the first place.. And it isn't hard to see and understand, fear.

Even Anu understood that their was a "Celestial creator of all" and even questioned if he was used to bring forth mankind. And to this, I would agree. Anu's fear, was that he would loose his "Royal" Status to a creation he allowed to be brought forth. Thus, the secrecy of "Earth and Heaven", the First Region.

To Enki, if he is still, thank you. Thank you for sharing the truth, as much as you could, with mankind. Though the secrets you hold will be discovered, in time. You have also shared the traits of your generation, as might be said, the good, the bad, the beautiful, and yes, the ugly. You also have acknowledged the "Celestial creator of all". But also, as with your father, nothing can be hidden from him, as I call him, "The Divine Creator". And as long as breath is drawn from a sentient being, "Dreams" will always come, and inspirations, will always be had.

I do not believe Anu's commandment apply's to me, as my "Insight" comes from another source. So....

The openings to the "Underworld" are natural and were created via centrifugal force when the planet was still in a plastic state, being very thin at the top and bottom. They most likely formed as a bubble bursting allowing the pressures from the inside to vent to the outside allowing the sphere to maintain its global shape. If it did not occur the planets crust would have ripped open and the planet would have been useless, except as dust and asteroids.

As the "Gravity" is centered in the mass of the crust, gravity, follows the radius,ed opening. It is radius-ed in the horizontal and vertical with minor imperfections. It also serves to allow magnetic flow around it, as the earth is actually a magnet with the hollow openings acting as the ends of a magnet, north and south. "Gravity" is more akin to Capillary attraction and static charge rather than a mysterious power never to understand.

The exact location of the northern opening (Nibiru in Sumerian) can be ascertained by "Scientifically" observing the Ice and water flows in the Arctic ocean over a period of years. It, betrays itself.

Ignorant Ape, I, am but a Simple Smart Monkey, and that is the only station in life I claim. For the politics and kingship's others must decide. I do not speak for the Anunnaki, or mankind, or, the Divine Creator, but if I were to, my answer would be as follows.

In division, we all shall fall. Has the past not educated us to this? Arrogance to one side, humility to the other. Education, is a two way street... Secrecy at all cost, will cost us all, in the end. The Door, is open. There is much learning to accomplish...........

All, in my over active Imaginations.........

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

i rest my case

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Lots of people talk about centrifugal forces on the spinning earth. But people 360 deg of rotation in 24 hrs, the centrifugal force is minute compared to any given weight of the mass

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

To be exact, at the equator I would weigh about half a pound less than I would at the north pole.
the math

That's about a cup of water.

edit on 3/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

To be exact, at the equator I would weigh about half a pound less than I would at the north pole.
the math

That's about a cup of water.
Lol correct

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i rest my case
I'm not quite certain what case you intend on "Resting", the implications of what I have shared go even deeper, my friend.

I pose a hypothetical to my learned companions. If you were challenged with creating a global flood, given the technology at hand as witnessed by Enki himself, how would you go about it. Remember, Enki and Enlil spent at least 7 days on the moon, and admittedly by Enki certain bits of knowledge would not be shared with mankind, how would you do this.

Take into consideration:

Then there was darkness in daytime, and at night the Moon as though by a monster was
swallowed.

The Earth began to shake, by a netforce before unknown it was agitated.
In the glow of dawn, a black cloud arose from the horizon,

archive.org...

And this:

Many myths and legends say that the Moon rose in the sky after the after-Flood darkness cleared up. Did the Moon cause the Flood?

Some scientists believe that the Moon was not always the Earth’s satellite. German astronomer Gesterkorn thinks that the Moon’s age is approximately equal to one half of the Earth’s age. In his opinion, after the Moon was created, it orbited far away from the Earth. A space object flew near the Moon, which caused the moon to change its orbit. The Moon moved closer to the Earth and became “imprisoned” by the Earth’s gravity.

Then, the Moon became the master of Earth’s waters. The Moon’s approach resulted in immense tides, volcano eruptions, and earthquakes. Waves were the height of mountains, volcanoes were erupting, and water was boiling. Probably, the new satellite was the reason for the Great Flood.

Before the Flood, There Was No Moon

How ?

Speaking of centrifugal force, what would happen to all the ocean waters if the planet was stopped from rotating in a short period of time. What would that look like, my dear knowledgeable friends???

Sorry, I cant debunk hollow earth theories.........

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You are quoting a website that doesn't appear to understand statement as fact and conjecture, on one side asking questions in regard to theories and then throwing in unsupported and unsubstantiated statements about structures on the moon and NASA coverups.

You are also talking about ancient text as though they are fact. Which is quite dangerous given that the language is largely dead and our interpretation of such is derivative. I simply don't take these things as being remotely applicable as evidence. I mean, in some circles there is some argument that in the bible, Mary being described as a virgin, or... just as a young woman.

Also as soon as i see anything quoted/written by Zecharia Sitchin I instantly have to take it with a pinch of salt his translations and interpretations are well known to be quite deeply flawed and he can be accused at seeing what he wants to see rather than being objective.

What you are doing is basically saying is 6000-7000 year old tablets are worth more than modern technology...

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The flat earth theory is pushed for a few reasons as I sees it..

1. To cause conflict

Globe tard, flat tard etc

2. To distort the hollow Earth theory

Flat Earth, hollow Earth.... whatevs

3. To convince that Earth is all there is

There are no others, only Earthlings and their god

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join