It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Flat Earth and the Hollow Earth

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They don't look upside down from that position in space?

Could you please explain why not?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

There is no up or down in space.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And no one can hear your scream (like a girl).

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I didn't ask you if they were upside down.

I asked you if they would LOOK upside down, from that same position, in space..

Sheesh..

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

I asked you if they would LOOK upside down

Compared to what?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I didn't ask you if they were upside down.

I asked you if they would LOOK upside down, from that same position, in space..

Sheesh..

As Phage asked, "relative to what?" My body could be in any orientation in space, and thus your question would have a different answer depending on my body''s orientation.

However, let's say you were in space and you positioned your body in a relative way that the north pole of the Earth was "up" compared to your eyes level (with Earth's north-south axis perpendicular to the plane formed by your two eyes). In that orientation relative to earth, what you would see if you could see people in the southern hemisphere AND see people in the Northern Hemisphere would be something like this.

By the way, as this graphic shows, this is also why people in the southern hemisphere see the Moon and constellations as being rotated compared to how the are seen in the Northern hemisphere, with that angle of rotation generally equal to how many degrees of latitude the two people are apart.

That 's also the reason people in the Southern Hemisphere have a somewhat rotated view of the Moon on constellations relative to people in the Northern Hemisphere, with the angle of rotation generally equal to the degrees of latitude separating them (and with all else being equal).

This rotated view of the Moon and constellations that some people have relative to the viewpoint to other people is evidence of a spherical Earth, and isn't explainable in the common model used by flat Earthers.

edit on 13/4/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Does a plane following a line of latitude constantly have to bank?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Excellent, Soylent.

As Phage asked, "relative to what?" My body could be in any orientation in space, and thus your question would have a different answer depending on my body''s orientation.

It would also depend on my characterization of my own orientation, because in frame-less space I might decide that I’m the upside-down one. It would be perfectly valid to say that the kangaroos hopping away from my head and toward my feet, are hopping upward.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I asked you if they would LOOK upside down

Compared to what?

You suggest that Earth is simply a massive sphere, without a top, or a bottom, neither an upward, nor downward, to it.

If the Earth has no top or bottom, many images would support your argument....

As a directionless orb in space, images would show Earth from many different angles, around the sphere, at all directions...

There is no top of Earth, or bottom - yet images of Earth show a virtually IDENTICAL 'top' and 'bottom' view??!!

Apparently they like to show Earth the exact same way, all the time, but nobody knows why!!

It is the same view I'm referring to here....

Would you see Australians appear to be walking upside down, from your position in space?

Yes, or no?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

There is no top of Earth, or bottom - yet images of Earth show a virtually IDENTICAL 'top' and 'bottom' view??!!

Yes.

The "north" pole has quite arbitrarily become the "top" of the Earth. Coincidentally (or not), it is also closer in alignment to the "north" pole of the Sun than it is to the "south" pole of the Sun.

Purely arbitrary, though some of those who live down under claim a conspiracy.

Would you see Australians appear to be walking upside down, from your position in space?

That would depend upon my orientation (in space) relative to the Earth. (Didn't someone already explain that?)
edit on 4/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yes.

The "north" pole has quite arbitrarily become the "top" of the Earth. Coincidentally (or not), it is also closer in alignment to the "north" pole of the Sun than it is to the "south" pole of the Sun.

Purely arbitrary, though some of those who live down under claim a conspiracy.

why do you waste your breath typing this? don't you know your breaths are numbered? So what someone believes the earth is a parallelogram. F### em.
edit on 14-4-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I don't type with my lungs. Do you?

edit on 4/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I don't type with my lungs.

Do you hold your breath when you type? That sounds too arbitrary for your logarithmic brain

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Let me check....

Huh, turns out I just did hold my breath.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Well now after the fact sure, hold your breath and post. I'm holding my breath for something, really anything that meaningfully changes the monotony of the face-in-butt fascist system i live in. I'll probably suffocate before that happens. So back to breathing. What is the OP about again? don't they know the earth was proven to be earth since earthlings ate earth? I'm so exhausted from going in circles. But the earth seems to be fine doing it all the time. frickin fascist.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

If you looked at a round Earth from space, like Apollo 11 shows 'halfway' to the moon, through a powerful telescope, that could show people on Earth.....

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Does a plane following a line of latitude constantly have to bank?

No, Earth's grid lines show it is a circle.

If Earth was a sphere, every pilot would thoroughly understand curvature, measures to solve for curvature, during flights, and so on.

Try to imagine there is a curved surface below you, but none of your instruments measure a curved surface, below your plane. Everything you measure is for a flat, level flight path. An ascent is measured when the plane lifts upward, a descent is measured with a dip downward. It does NOT matter what the surface is, or is not, BELOW a plane. A surface that is curved over a large area, over the entire surface below you, has nothing to do with an ascent, a descent, or level flight, of a plane!

If there was a great force in play, that 'curved' planes around a curved surface, the plane would still have to physically descend, to follow the curve.

That is not an option.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Bart Sibrel? Really?

Sibrel has edited the readily available video of the transmission, cutting the parts which clearly show the edge of the window and the Earth.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain
Bart Sibrel? Really?

Sibrel has edited the readily available video of the transmission, cutting the parts which clearly show the edge of the window and the Earth.

I don't understand what you mean - can you make it a little clearer so I can get what you are getting at? Thanks.
Can anyone explain where the stars go when images are taken in outer space?
edit on 14-4-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

How far away is the Moon, btw?

How big does it look from Earth?
Now look at the size of the Earth images from halfway to the moon - the Earth appears to be very small.
Why were no images taken of the Earth from the moon?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join