It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Flat Earth and the Hollow Earth

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
Gravity is nonsense. A force that pulls you down, with an opposing force. And when the force rotates Earth, and atmosphere, and every object within the atmosphere, it has no opposing force at all!

A magical force, indeed.

"...Gravity..."

To quote Inigo Montoya: "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means”...At least not if your last post is any indication.

edit on 7/4/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: turbonium1

No...

They're planets that orbit our "star"

Thats why they fly across the sky as opposed to the actual stars we see in the constellations which barely move throughout the year...

And with a decent telescope, you can see them... even with binoculars at the right time

Many videos show they are not planets, they are stars. Have a look and see for yourself.

Do you really believe spheres are shaped at random, all over?

How many Earth-bound natural objects are perfectly spherical, all formed randomly?

A grain of sand? Every grain of sand is round cannot have formed at random. A few would be round, and others would not be round. At random, many shapes would exist.

Countless rocks and boulders exist on Earth. And how many are perfectly round, among all those you've seen?

I've never seen a perfectly round rock, or boulder, in nature, formed at random. And you?

A perfect sphere is not naturally formed. It is formed through an intelligence. It is intended. Created. Almost without exception.

A perfect sphere is not random in nature. It is very, very rare.

The Sun and moon are not only perfect spheres. They are the exact same size. They are perfectly aligned together.

All at random, of course!!

sigh... no They're planets... some gaseous, some rock...

the only videos that show they are "stars" are from you flat earth twits..

And IF the sun and moon are perfect spheres... why the hell would the earth be flat?

You're suggesting water is curving around a ball. And stays curved around a ball.

Show me that, if you can. That's exactly what you're claiming water does.

Already posted a hundred times.... go back two pages

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Why don't you link one of the videos you claim show planets as stars then we can show the video is rubbish and people that think it are idiots I bet as always you don't.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Im sorry but you are beyond dense...

Look at the pics on this page...

or this..

You repeat the same arguments over and over when everything has been explained to you hundreds of times in many different threads

Thick as F***

The purpose of repeating points is because they HAVE NOT 'been explained' to me. One of my posts addressed a few claims made by the 'pilot', who ignored it completely, and went on about how 'dangerous' it is to believe the Earth is flat!

And to anyone who says something like this..

'nothing more needs to be proven about ____. We've explained everything to you, many times. Obviously, you are ___ or ____ , to grasp it.'

endless repetition of how 'it's all been explained', means you have an 'explanation' for everything. A monkey can 'explain' anything, as well, by pushing a button.

I know you have an 'answer' for everything, same as a monkey can 'answer' for everything.

One more thing - anger over an issue like this - which is 'Earth - round or flat' - makes no sense at all, to me, anyway.

A barrage of personal attacks, suggesting anyone is stupid, a moron, etc. to believe the Earth is flat, again, and again, as if everyone has the right, at any time, on any forum, at any event, in all of our schools, at any age....to insult, scorn, and mock, incessantly, anyone who dares to suggest that the shape of Earth...might not be round!

Outright heresy! Who would ever consider that the Earth isn't a giant ball, spinning at 1000 mph, while the entire atmosphere around the ball, spins with the planet, as if it was 'attached' to the giant ball. And it spins anything within the atmosphere - as if every bird, plane, etc. were all attached to the atmosphere, but still free to move anywhere in it, somehow!

Whoever doubts any of this, we shall now declare as an outright fool, a moron. Shamed, and scorned, at once, because such a belief shall never be allowed, or tolerated, on Earth.

As we all have realized there is an incredible force, far more powerful than all other forces which (actually do) exist - COMBINED!

If you were able to see Earth from space, and had a powerful telescope, allowing a close-up view of people, on Earth?

Consider the Apollo 11 'Earth', as your viewpoint, of the Earth.

And when you zoom in, on Alaska, and see people walking in Alaska, somewhere? Would they appear to walk a little different, or not, from your position?

Describe what people in Australia would look like, walking in Sydney, or Melbourne, when viewed from your position...

Thanks...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Problem is, everything has been explained to you...

over and over and over and over and over again... Ad Nauseam

You don't read the replies... then you repeat the same thing over which has just been explained

Just because you don't accept the explanation for some insane reason does not mean it isn't correct

You consider planets stars for Gods sake... like do you even read what you type?

third graders would have figured this out by now... but we're 15 some odd pages in, and several threads deep

Its as simple as this... Don't act like a moron, and you won't be labeled one

You free to believe whatever you like... but if you come to a forum like this one and expect intelligent people to swallow your nonsense... what else can you expect?

denying simple established fact will get you mocked.... obviously

Describe what people in Australia would look like, walking in Sydney, or Melbourne, when viewed from your position...

Ever played the original grand theft auto?

Something like that...

edit on 8-4-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Im sorry but i had to add another reply to this...

This is what your arguments amount to...

Automobiles don't actually run on internal combustion... they're actually cats running on a treadmill. Most people have never actually seen what happens in an engine... but i know they actually run on Cat power!!

You can find videos on the net showing the inner workings on said engine, but thats all fake... just CGI... Its a huge conspiracy by "Big Auto" to exploit cats and the power they have whilst running on treadmills

Now do you see how retarded that sounds? That is the flat earth argument... straight up stupid

Hell you said the moon is perfectly spherical... How do you know, we only ever see one side of it...

Maybe its actually a disk... and made of cheese

Get your head out of the flat earth society site, and read a book... Look through a telescope

Christ sakes, Go outside on a clear night and watch the sky

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The purpose of repeating points is because they HAVE NOT 'been explained' to me. One of my posts addressed a few claims made by the 'pilot', who ignored it completely, and went on about how 'dangerous' it is to believe the Earth is flat!

From the pilot.

turbonium1, buddy, I wish you peace of mind, I really do, and I’m going to put this as nicely as I can.

I’ve addressed everything of yours that I could decipher, and the rest of it didn’t make enough sense to even merit the attempt. You argue upon scientific and other expert concepts which you don’t understand, and you play so fast and loose with technical terms that your “points” simply defy clarity. You do not speak the language of aviation, yet you believe that you do, insisting that your homemade definitions replace those actually used by professionals. Your reasoning is circular and peppered with non sequiturs. You’re an armchair pilot who thinks he/she knows more about flying than those who actually fly aircraft, and I have to believe that in your best moments you’d recognize the absurdity in that.

Lastly, because your posts are repetitive, to answer them I’d have to repeat myself. That’s a waste of my time, and I’d assume the same for yours—but of course, I don’t speak for you. At any rate, I’ve given you my best advice already (see re-print below), and that’s all the effort I care for.

originally posted by: Rollie83
Take aviation ground school, of even flight instruction if you have the time, the funds, and aren’t afraid of heights. Failing that, spend some in-person time with a pilot, or someone expert in aeronautics and who’s actually flown aircraft. Do so in a setting with a chalkboard, visual aids and enough time to really flesh out the topics, as opposed to short bursts in an online forum. Read a text on basic flight. Something. Friend, if you release your grip on flatEarth dogma, if you leave the world of armchair pilots and physicists and make contact with real experts, it could be worth the effort. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I forgot to mention your video clip...

It is obviously a very special video to you, since you keep posting it, over and over.

And what I've tried to get through to you, over and over, is that your very special video... is utterly worthless.

As I've told you, the video does not indicate any of the measurements. 'Look at these objects, far away from us, in the sea. And we look at the objects from 3 different points on the coastline.'

What is the distance between his position, and the objects?

Do you even realize why he would be using three vastly different points along a coastline, in order to view the very same objects?

It has nothing to do with measuring curvature. It doesn't even work.

This video is a blatantly deceitful attempt to show that there is an actual curvature on Earth.

Any objects must have ONE, SAME, viewpoint. With various distances, same viewpoint. Same angle, same height, same everything, throughout the various distances.

The first thing we know about proving Earth's curvature is - that curvature would already have had many actual measurements, because if they claim there IS a curvature, they'd have proof up the yingyang for it, obviously.

When the entire world was told that Earth was a sphere, it didn't matter if they had proof or not. Nobody really cared what shape Earth is, or is not. It doesn't really matter to most folks, even today!

We would all have assumed that the Earth has actually been measured, like any other spheres would be. We would also assume they had measured the curvature of Earth countless times, over and over again, on Earth....over the centuries.

The calculation of Earth's curvature is a measurement.

Do you think they could calculate the curvature of Earth, but somehow cannot even figure out how to measure the curvature?

Ships were sailing over the curvature, right?

Science can be a great thing, but if it is compromised, and controlled, by others, science is used to control us, decides what to think, and believe, is true.

Why are scientists supporting a curvature of Earth, which is curvature we could easily measure, which WOULD HAVE BEEN measured long ago, which should have countless measurements of, over the centuries.....

We should have volumes of scientific measurements, a ton of documentation, on Earth's curvature....obviously.

Who points at a ship and claims it as 'proof' of Earth's curvature?

Who can't point to ships as proof anymore?

Who says the Earth is a sphere, with a curvature of 8 inches per mile squared, but nobody has actually measured it?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Again... watch the video

everything you ask for is in it...

Seriously... Just try watching... or reading for that matter

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

From the pilot.

turbonium1, buddy, I wish you peace of mind, I really do, and I’m going to put this as nicely as I can.

I’ve addressed everything of yours that I could decipher, and the rest of it didn’t make enough sense to even merit the attempt. You argue upon scientific and other expert concepts which you don’t understand, and you play so fast and loose with technical terms that your “points” simply defy clarity. You do not speak the language of aviation, yet you believe that you do, insisting that your homemade definitions replace those actually used by professionals. Your reasoning is circular and peppered with non sequiturs. You’re an armchair pilot who thinks he/she knows more about flying than those who actually fly aircraft, and I have to believe that in your best moments you’d recognize the absurdity in that.

Lastly, because your posts are repetitive, to answer them I’d have to repeat myself. That’s a waste of my time, and I’d assume the same for yours—but of course, I don’t speak for you. At any rate, I’ve given you my best advice already (see re-print below), and that’s all the effort I care for.

Take aviation ground school, of even flight instruction if you have the time, the funds, and aren’t afraid of heights. Failing that, spend some in-person time with a pilot, or someone expert in aeronautics and who’s actually flown aircraft. Do so in a setting with a chalkboard, visual aids and enough time to really flesh out the topics, as opposed to short bursts in an online forum. Read a text on basic flight. Something. Friend, if you release your grip on flatEarth dogma, if you leave the world of armchair pilots and physicists and make contact with real experts, it could be worth the effort. Good luck.

I have a friend that is a retired pilot.

I also know why he will never, ever, discuss the issue of chem-trails. Not even at home, privately.

You should know why pilots do not talk about the Earth being flat. It has no upside, only downside.

You will never say the Earth is flat, but it doesn't matter to me. A truth is always a truth. Many truths have been hidden from us, in plain sight.

I've asked you to address a few points that YOU had brought up, first of all. I replied to your points, but you ignored it.

To review what you said earlier...

You aoriginally posted by: Rollie83
Because the pressure gradient is roughly the same across the globe, an aircraft configured for level flight high above one point will cross another point, thousands of miles away, at very nearly the same altitude—give or take a couple of hundred feet. In other words, because the atmosphere and its pressure gradient follows the Earth’s curvature, so will an aircraft configured for level flight. There’s no need for the pilot to “dip the nose” or execute any other control input, to compensate for the curvature.

A pressure gradient of, say, 300 miles altitude, cannot follow a consistent curvature of 8 inches per mile squared!

There is nothing within a vast pressure gradient to hold a plane to fly 8 inches of curvature each and every mile!

A plane cannot fly in the same shape of a sphere without 'dipping it's nose'.

Look at the curvature of any sphere. A basketball, perhaps. Get a little pin, or small object, and hold it an inch or so above the basketball.

Move the pin over the ball, at the same inch or so.

You would have no choice but to slightly 'dip down' the front point of your pin, in order to follow the path above the basketball, right?

Same as a plane would have to dip it's nose, in order to follow the path above a much bigger ball.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

A plane cannot fly in the same shape of a sphere without 'dipping it's nose'. Look at the curvature of any sphere. A basketball, perhaps. Get a little pin, or small object, and hold it an inch or so above the basketball. Move the pin over the ball, at the same inch or so. You would have no choice but to slightly 'dip down' the front point of your pin, in order to follow the path above the basketball, right?

and that would mean the air plane is enormous and many time larger than any air plane in existence.

How many pins does it take back to back to cover the circumference of the ball?

Are planes 50 miles long or some insane size like that?

Maybe a grain of sand would better suit if you are using a basketball to compare earth.

For you not to realize how stupid such an comparison is speaks volumes or is just more hard evidence that points to what you do here and in the 9/11 forum.

Same as a plane would have to dip it's nose, in order to follow the path above a much bigger ball.

yes, those 50-100 mile long planes when they fly over cities it goes dark for a few minutes

edit on 8-4-2018 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

A plane cannot fly in the same shape of a sphere without 'dipping it's nose'. Look at the curvature of any sphere. A basketball, perhaps. Get a little pin, or small object, and hold it an inch or so above the basketball. Move the pin over the ball, at the same inch or so. You would have no choice but to slightly 'dip down' the front point of your pin, in order to follow the path above the basketball, right?

and that would mean the air plane is enormous and many time larger than any air plane in existence.

How many pins does it take back to back to cover the circumference of the ball?

Are planes 50 miles long or some insane size like that?

Maybe a grain of sand would better suit if you are using a basketball to compare earth.

For you not to realize how stupid such an comparison is speaks volumes or is just more hard evidence that points to what you do here and in the 9/11 forum.

yes, those 50-100 mile long planes when they fly over cities it goes dark for a few minutes

The principle applies in the very same way, no matter what size of objects you'd prefer.

Use a grain of sand, you still will have to dip down the front point of the grain - same thing.

Choose any objects you like, and tell me what happens...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Why are scientists supporting a curvature of Earth, which is curvature we could easily measure, which WOULD HAVE BEEN measured long ago, which should have countless measurements of, over the centuries.....
It was measured a long time ago, the first time I know of on June 19th, 240 BC by Erastothenes using a simple measurement which you can repeat if you so desire. More modern measurements are considered more accurate, but Erastothenes gets credit for good accuracy for the tools available in his day.

June 19, 240 B.C.: The Earth Is Round, and It's This Big

Eratosthenes knew that at noon on the day of the summer solstice, the sun was observed to be directly overhead at Syene (modern-day Aswan): You could see it from the bottom of a deep well, and a sundial cast no shadow. Yet, to the north at Alexandria, a sundial cast a shadow even at the solstice midday, because the sun was not directly overhead there. Therefore, the Earth must be round – already conventionally believed by the astronomers of his day.

What's more, if one assumed the sun to be sufficiently far away to be casting parallel rays at Syene and Alexandria, it would be possible to figure out the Earth's circumference. Eratosthenes computed the shadow in Alexandria to be 1/50 of a full 360-degree circle. He then estimated the distance between the two locations and multiplied by 50 to derive the circumference.
If you live on a different continent then you will want to choose two different cities but the idea is the same. Once you duplicate this measurement from 240 BC then we can talk about more modern measurements.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It's all about scale something flat Earthers can't deal with the length of the aircraft compared to the circumference of the Earth is miniscule that doesn't seem to register with you people.

They don't have to continually dip the nose, as for curvature plenty of you tube videos show why the flat Earth doesn't work when looking at the position the sun should be in the sky.

The Moon is reversed in the Southern hemisphere when compared to the Northern hemisphere even tracking telescope mounts point in different directions.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
again, why is this thread still open?.....reality must be too hard for some people to handle

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rollie83

The quote is from Voltaire, and it's just one of very many very good quotes from him. IMO the best part of Voltaire, and the reason Candide ought to be required reading in 7th-9th grade English class, is the way he is able to broach serious topics in a way which is packed with the sarcastic humor young teens love anyway. It's one of those rare books that is very sneakily teaching you very important stuff while you just think you're having a good time.

On your commentary about this being a non dangerous cultural issue though, I'd ask you to keep in mind that the age of enlightenment had to birth itself in secret behind secret handshakes, closed doors, and cyphers because militant ignorance had turned the last 6+ centuries into hell on earth.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You guys love to harp on the water curving thing which you swear nobody can prove and then use curving water (and mirages) in the form of waves and tides as your excuse for why boats disappear from view eventually...

Waves: curved water

Tides: curved water

Whirlpools: curved water

Zero g water droplets: BALL SHAPED WATER

I know you'll come back and try to say space is fake, but water squeezed out of a packet inside the vomit comet will form the same balls!

Surfing wouldn't be a thing if water couldn't and didn't curve. And at places like the pipeline in Hawaii etc you see waves form big beautiful perfect cylinders with nothing at all in the middle to support it!

That's before we get into surface tension and forming a meniscus which is curved water again and can be demonstrated with a sink and a glass!

Then there's the whole no gravity thing many of you believe in instead cobbling together some electromagnetic ad-hoc patching to hide that you need gravity to have mass (aka weight) as well as buoyancy... So since you guys throw in EM gravity substitution, YET ANOTHER CURVED WATER PROOF is the old rub a balloon in your hair for awhile then put the balloon next to a stream from a running faucet and BOOM!!

CURVED WATER!!!!

Man, considering how curved water can't be proven and all it sure is everywhere!!

And that turbonium is why I posted the quote I did!

YOU choose to believe this absurd idea that curved water can't be proven when it's all around you all the time!

And thus my worry about people like you being all too willing to commit atrocities!

P.s. Wanna know another group besides "woke" people like you who have a high percentage of flat earth believers? Wahhabi Islam and ISIS... that's right Wahhabi clerics officially state that earth is flat too.... Absurdities and atrocities.... Absurdities and atrocities...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The earth isn't a sphere with a curvature of 8 inches per mile squared. That is an approximation only to be used over shorter distances in a very specific application related to surveying came up with in the mid 1800's.

Ask yourself why exactly all your flat earth gurus feel the need to pick on such hilariously out of date and obscure stuff?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The earth isn't a sphere with a curvature of 8 inches per mile squared. That is an approximation only to be used over shorter distances in a very specific application related to surveying came up with in the mid 1800's.

Ask yourself why exactly all your flat earth gurus feel the need to pick on such hilariously out of date and obscure stuff?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

"A plane cannot fly in the same shape of a sphere without 'dipping it's nose'. "

You are absolutely right turbo. Either you have to do it manually or the auto pilot does it for you.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join