It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are leaving the Trump White House in record numbers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
source

source

Donald Trump is breaking records! Just not in a good way. More than one in three Trump administration staffers have left the White House in its first year, a pace that far eclipses the rate of departures in the previous five White Houses, according to a study done by Kathryn Dunn Tenpas of the Brookings Institute. The pace of resignations, firings and other assorted departures from the Trump White House is twice what it was in George W. Bush's first year as president and triple that of Barack Obama's first year in office. And, it's not just any sorts of departures; a large number of Trump's senior-most staff have left in the first year alone. Writes Dunn Tenpas

I wonder why?

/ Sarcasm

Its clear people are in deep distress working for Trump. Some like the sane Dina Powell left because of the insanity going on, others like Steve Bannon left because they were contributing to the insanity. Some, like Tom Price because of their corruption, in his case abusing government planes.

Or some suspected scandals like the recent Rob Porter who was accused of beating two of his wives.

And many I'm sure were fired because of political reasons, Comey and Sally Yates for instance and others through pure disgust of the environment of the Trump White House.

Jan. 30: Sally Yates
Feb. 13: Michael Flynn
May 5: Angella Reid
May 9: James Comey
May 18: Mike Dubke
July 6: Walter Shaub
July 21: Sean Spicer
July 25: Michael Short
July 28: Reince Priebus
July 31: Anthony Scaramucci
Aug. 18: Steve Bannon
Aug. 25: Sebastian Gorka
Sept. 29: Tom Price
Dec. 8: Dina Powell
Dec. 13: Omarosa Manigault Newman
Feb. 7 Rob Porter
Feb. 28 Hope Hicks

Others...
• George Sifakis: director, Office of Public Liaison
• Ezra Cohen-Watnick: senior director for intelligence programs, National Security Council
• Michael Short: senior press assistant
• Walter Shaub: director, Office of Government Ethics
• Vivek Murthy: surgeon general
• Angella Reid: chief usher, White House
• Katie Walsh: deputy chief of staff
• Preet Bharara: U.S. attorney, Southern District of New York

Many of these departures are high level jobs

"Six of the 12 Tier One positions saw turnover (Reince Priebus, chief of staff; Katie Walsh, deputy chief of staff; Sean Spicer, press secretary; George Sifakis, assistant to the president and director of the Office of Public Liaison; Michael Flynn, national security adviser, and KT McFarland, deputy national security adviser). By comparison, Obama lost one adviser from Tier One (Greg Craig, White House counsel), and George W. Bush did not see any turnover in these high-level positions."

Its clear Trump is running a White House unlike anything that has ever darkened the doors of the first mansion

The question is of course, whose next?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Then there are the more than 30 white house aides that have been stripped of their intelligence clearances.

(post by Harpua removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When you run on a D or R ticket, the party is going to have a say in some of your picks.

When those picks stuff up ... you ask them to resign and put in someone you hope is better.

Out of the close to two thousand people who work for the White House these few have been let go.

Some have not lived up to expectations.

DC is a cess pool at the best of times.

P

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I sure wouldn't want to be part of the Trump team with the media and Democrats continually slamming his administration with twisted accusations. It doesn't pay to be under so much stress like that. All the Republicans should walk out and our government would be forced to shut down immediately. Only then will the Justice department go after the media for terrorism.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I sure wouldn't want to be part of the Trump team with the media and Democrats continually slamming his administration with twisted accusations. It doesn't pay to be under so much stress like that. All the Republicans should walk out and our government would be forced to shut down immediately. Only then will the Justice department go after the media for terrorism.

Quoted for truth.

OP's title should be "White House employees are being driven out by bigoted leftist activists in record numbers."

By Any Means Necessary these people... they are a cancer to America.

And they are proud of it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So even though there are a lot of undesirable things in the White House, you still defend Comey like he was a victim? LOL that really takes the cake. That part beats all the rest going on in government as the BIGGEST logical fallacy yet.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Draining the D.C. swamp takes special people with thick armor and determination. Very rare qualities. Burnout, and turnover for other reasons, will remain a common occurrence until the job is finished, or the Swamp wins.

It amazes me how many ATS members are rooting for the Swamp to win. Oh well...some people like being kept in the dark and controlled by others. So be it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Usually a job in the White House is a career dream and a wonderful experience for an American citizen…Obviously not so in the trump White House. It’s, according to many, a cauldron of mass confusion, no direction, and little inspiration. It’s a job one doesn’t look forward to going to in the morning and relief when the day ends.

Hope Hicks left today. A young talented woman with a career ahead of her. Why did she quit?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Draining the D.C. swamp takes special people with thick armor and determination. Very rare qualities. Burnout, and turnover for other reasons, will remain a common occurrence until the job is finished, or the Swamp wins.

It amazes me how many ATS members are rooting for the Swamp to win. Oh well...some people like being kept in the dark and controlled by others. So be it.

The idea that Trump is draining any swamp is the height of absurdity

If you believe that then I have a bridge to sell you

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Not one of the these people left because of pressure from Trumps opposition.

Trump’s made his own shaky bed he is lying (pun intended) in

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ya, draining the swamp by a guy who literally craps on 24k gold toilets - that's a special kind of stupid.

who had an alias (john miller) so he could LITERALLY brag about himself.
edit on 28-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2018 by knoxie because: opps

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I wonder why? / Sarcasm

Sounds like the left on the eve of the election, without the sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

ya, draining the swamp by a guy who literally craps on 24k gold toilets - that's a special kind of stupid.

At least he is not giving billions of dollars to Iran though, so that much is an improvement.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

if you're in the 5%, and your integrity is gone, I can understand your support of trump.

the rest of you have been conned.

are you a troll for the 5%?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I wonder. It seems that a lot of hate is focused on our current installment of president simply because they don't have the correct letter in front of their name. That is the only answer I can come up with. The last 5-8 installments have been just as corrupt if not worse. For those of you who are condemning the current installment were you condemning the previous installments, all of them?

It should be interesting when the next corrupt installment of D gets into office. Will you hold the same scorn for them or since they have the beloved D in front of their title, they can do no wrong?

Man, I kind of wish I could get the wonderful dopamine installments that you people get for pretending there is a difference in any of these people. A free high so to speak. Do you have to work at it in convincing yourself there is actual difference in these positions or does it just come natural because you love the soap opera so much?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

See this is funny people believe anything about Trump if they want to attack him. He doesn't have a gold toilet you were scammed. The picture was from Swisshorn Gold Palace in Hong Kong (a building not owned by Trump). About the closest you get is gold plated fixtures on his private jet.
edit on 2/28/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Even with all those people leaving, the Trump train keeps on rolling.
Leaving the bumbling, perpetually confused Leftists in its wake.
If Hillary would have won, she would have the same criminals that she always runs with clinging to the never ending Clinton Criminal Enterprise bankroll.
Who would leave that, when you are stealing money hand over fist from the citizens of this country?
Several of those people are/were Obama slappy’s, so it’s no surprise that they would be given the boot.
Like several other members said, who the hell wants to be under the constant stress of the screaming, crying Leftists?
Trump 2020....in a landslide.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Attention Please

You are not in the Mud Pit. Keep that in mind as you post to avoid actions that lead to Posting Bans and as always other members are never the topic.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

But do you actually think there is any difference in any of them?

I love to hate on hitlery as much as the next person but if we were honest with ourselves, is there really any difference? If the entire machine is corrupt and deep state is only 1/10th as evil as the rumors say, there is no way anyone is getting into those positions of power that haven't be preordained.

The greatest threat against the common person or sheeple is simply believing the lie that there is difference in politics. Once that lie is dispelled then we can work on true change, like not killing people all across the $*(*#ing globe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join