It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We are not calling for the slaughter of white people - at least for now': South African parliamen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

White South African farmers will be removed from their land after a landslide vote in parliament.

The country's constitution is now likely to be amended to allow for the confiscation of white-owned land without compensation, following a motion brought by radical Marxist opposition leader Julius Malema.

'We are not calling for the slaughter of white people - at least for now': South African parliament votes to SEIZE white-owned land as experts warn of violent repercussions

This will not end well for anybody. One, confiscate land thats not yours to begin with? Really? Do we even have to go into the morality of this? Hell, this is history repeating itself right now as Russia did this before. Two, the good news is the south african farmers are well armed and hopefully wont go without a fight.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dizzie56

That sucks.

Oh well, their country, their rules.

Sounds hatrsh, but that will be the gist of most replies.

Too many here would probably applaud it if they could.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I dont know how someone could applaud this. Hopefully the Africaaners will fight back

+61 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure all their plights are due to those white people. Once they are gone, the nation will no doubt flourish under such intelligent and noble leadership.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
South Africa: hey Zimbabwe, hold my beer and watch this.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Well, I'm sure all their plights are due to those white people. Once they are gone, the nation will no doubt flourish under such intelligent and noble leadership.

For sure.....Look at the total success of taking over white owned farms in Zimbabwe. The harvests tripled when the black sharecroppers took possession of those farms. Inflation was non-existent.

Good times are ahead for South Africa

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You are kidding yeah?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That sucks.

Oh well, their country, their rules.

Sounds hatrsh, but that will be the gist of most replies.

Too many here would probably applaud it if they could.

Sadly, they're likely taking notes.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

100% confident that's sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dizzie56
I dont know how someone could applaud this. Hopefully the Africaaners will fight back

War. Sigh.

What a terrible waste.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So what's the deal here?

Are they nationalising the lands? Forcing fair distribution as to stop monopolies? You know kinda like other nations do?

Are they really stealing white man's land, is that really the deal here?

The ANC is increasingly under pressure to speed up land redistribution to help shore up its support among poorer black voters ahead of the election next year.

Land redistribution... What accords were drew up in relation to the end of apartheid?

Another piece from your link you didn't post :

White farmers control 73 percent of arable land compared with 85 percent when apartheid ended in 1994, according to a recent study.

I'm not saying you are being dishonest nor am I claiming daily mail are being dishonest, I'm merely asking what's the deal here?

I'm getting a fraction of this story... Ain't I?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

War. Sigh.

What a terrible waste.

Amen brother.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You forgot about the "without compensation" part.

It has been noted in other threads that many of the people hoping to be given land are not ancestral to the area the land would come from having moved there from other parts of Africa fairly recently, and the farmers have often lived on and worked the land since the 1600s.

This isn't like someone who is Cherokee looking at a family who isn't and wanting land that ancestral Cherokee used to roam.

This is in many cases more like someone whose family moved to South Africa from Central or North Africa maybe a few decades ago and is now hoping for some land seized from a farming family whose ancestors started working it a few hundred years ago.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Irony is that many of the black majority where also migrants or at least their ancester's where, there are no "native" South Africans or very few.

The idiotic approach that a farming family cultivating the land all be it of European heritage where in most cases employing copious amounts of black people in stable jobs have to fear for their lives and be forcefully removed from god knows how long in generations of farming said land to hand it over to untrained and in many cases uninterested people simply because they are black and somehow entitled is about as idotic as you can get..

Did f#cking Zimbabwe not teach people anything, there is a saying about doing the same thing over and over that results in a poor outcome only to continue doing it hoping for a different outcome..

Also for the MSM to be silent is a f#cking disgrace, Rwanda happened and South Africa is a bloody boiling pot, why shed more blood??, South Africa is quickly turning into a third world sh#t hole with deluded idiots drunk at the f#cking wheel pushing an agenda...

Absolute morons....

RA
edit on 28-2-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This move will really catapult south africa forward and raise it's country up to be a much more modern and safer place. While overall offering a higher quality of life for all those involved.

Hell in 10 years SA might be a real life Wakanda.

edit on 28-2-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I wonder what countries will take in all the white refugees? probably none, lest they be called Racist.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Meh, it's Africa so who cares. This is something that would never happen in America. So they'll kick the farmers out and then the Africans will starve and continue to be a third world country. Geniuses.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Fight back? Whites are 8.9% of the population. Not really much of an option. The hard truth is that the recent history of South Africa is a racial minority brutally subjugating the rest of the country. Apartheid isn't something that happened generations ago or centuries in the past, it's something that ended in the early 90's. Meaning people who are in their 40's now were adults when it was the law of the land.

It would be hard to say that black people in South Africa aren't entitled to feel a whole lot of righteous animosity. Wouldn't you say?

And what's the state of affairs 25 years later? The tiny white majority still owns 72% of the arable farm land. Who honestly believes that's sustainable? It seems to me like the world community needs to step in now to keep this from turning into outright genocide but I don't see a path forward where land won't be redistributed.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How does that work though?

I'm sure some math is to be done, I mean they had Boer wars and everything. Lands were purchased, claimed and succeeded... Stolen, gifted and bartered too.

This is in many cases more like someone whose family moved to South Africa from Central or North Africa maybe a few decades ago and is now hoping for some land seized from a farming family whose ancestors started working it a few hundred years ago.

See... I find it somewhat perplexing that you'd bring up ancestry of a few hundred years, South Africa has went through many changes throughout it's history... Next of non of them have decent land ownership claims if their claim is "my forefathers fought for this land!" which is exactly where I'm being led with this thread/link.

And no, in my opinion nobody should lose anything that belongs to them without due course or fair compensation.

Are you telling me this is systematic asset stripping that is politically and/or racially motivated?

Still ain't heard anything about fair land ownership and any deals made with the abolition of apartheid in SA.

farmers have often lived on and worked the land since the 1600s. 

Well, South Africa isn't Dutch and it's no longer owned by a Crown or a trading company. 73% of arable from the 84% owned during apartheid is still quite a crazy statistic...

If it is how you say it is then SA won't be going far in the future, I can't see China or any of the other emerging powers wanting to deal with them. I just suspect there is much more to this story.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
So what's the deal here?

It's just racism really. The South African whites are hated by the blacks, and their murder is sometimes even encouraged. Murders of white farmers is a huge issue. This isn't a new situation. One of the previous presidents did this exact thing in the past. Land and farms were taken from whites and given to blacks. As a result, South Africa starved to the point that the president begged the whites to come back and returned their farms to them. This is the exact same thing, except the new president of South Africa says they'll do it smarter this time and not starve themselves to death and crash their economy. Weeee'llll see.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join