It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't remember why I voted for Trump...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No point.
It's just the stuff of dreams.
Gone on the 'morrow.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: olaru12

Oh FFS, lets just ignore the past year and a half of fascist tactics used against Trump....right?

Here we have a nice piece of common ground and someone has to come along and drive it right into the ditch.

No wonder this snip gets nowhere.

When you're a mod perhaps then you can control the narrative. Until then you can't censor anyone just because it offends your delicate sensibilities.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

During this introspection, I began questioning myself as to my original reasons for voting Trump. Was it because I loved him? Hell no,

You voted for Trump, because he represents the image of the American Dream.

He made it, became wealthy, married some good lookers, says whatever he wants, regardless of anybody's adverse opinion, and seemed to have it all.

People look at him and say, "That's what I want to be. Rich, successful, independent, and apparently happy."

When you looked at Hillary, you thought "Oh, Misery. A woman who talks too much, achieved little by comparison to Trump, and doesn't appear to fit the desired American Dream image at all."

So, instinctively, you vote Trump, because you think with that type of person running the country, he'll promote "his values" and enable me too to get to that same American Dream.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: olaru12

Oh FFS, lets just ignore the past year and a half of fascist tactics used against Trump....right?

Here we have a nice piece of common ground and someone has to come along and drive it right into the ditch.

No wonder this snip gets nowhere.

When you're a mod perhaps then you can control the narrative. Until then you can't censor anyone just because it offends your delicate sensibilities.

Mod? Censor? Non of that applies.

More moronic drivel.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: alphabetaone

That statement is troubling, to say the least.

This is Trump, he speaks first then looks back and realizes his mistake. Don't count on him saying that again. His actions will speak for themselves, and *then* it may be time to worry.

The problem here does not lie in IF this is an off-the-cuff remark which will wither...the problem with it is that, it may NOT wither...then, just imagine for a minute that you're wrong about that and it grows legs...what happens? The entire due process system breaks down?

If I'm wrong then Donald has problems with his base. He needs his base to fight back against an Establishment that hates him. *shrug* Trump isn't dumb, but he does shoot off his mouth in a fast-forward cut-to-the-chase style that ends up sounding questionable at first.

tldr version - I'm not concerned, yet.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The entire due process system breaks down?

Because Trump?
No. You know those nasty judges he dislikes so much?

Regretfully, yes. It's part of why I had to step back an re-evaluate the situation. Everyone loses in this scenario, not JUST the left or JUST the right...people

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That statement is troubling, to say the least.

Leaving firearms out of the equation, just the thought that anyone at all would put legal consequence ahead of due process is troubling.

Court of public opinion?

Sure, it's not bound by any legal statutes but its effects of the health and well being of individuals is measurable. I'm not disagreeing but I'm not claiming it's a new phenomena either.

Right. It's not a new phenomena, it certainly does seem magnified at the moment though.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I don't disagree with your basic reasons for voting Trump, it's likely a LOT of people did vote in that particular way.

I can only speak for myself, and none of that really applied to me.

The reason *I* voted for Trump, was because I'm sick and tired of the "Right cant do this, the Left are all pieces of s__t" rhetoric that is the normal order in D.C. on an election cycle basis. I wanted someone who could break a few rules...shake up the establishment BUT the caveat here was in my misguided belief that the requisite honor, courage and intuitiveness of HOW things operated were there...they were not. Some adages exist because they are true, to catch a crook you have to know how to be a crook. In that adage should be an understood "just because you know how to be a crook, doesn't mean you should actively BE one".
edit on 1-3-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join