It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher with Gun in Custody after Barricading self in Classroom

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

A Georgia high school teacher who fired a gun in a classroom Wednesday previously told police he hired two friends to kill someone on his behalf, a report said.

Police revealed details about the high school teacher’s past, including when Davidson went to detectives on March 21, 2016, and said he arranged to have someone killed, AJC reported, citing a police report. He reportedly ordered to have the individual killed because he had an online affair.

Police said they couldn’t verify what Davidson told them or if the individual existed. Davidson was taken to the hospital "based on him thinking about hurting himself," the police report stated.

The school was aware of the incident at the time.

fox

In early Jan he was found sitting on a curb about a mile from the school. He refused police orders and was taken to a hospital.
Another mental illness, another failure to remove or prevent purchase. His mental state also could make him a target. The system is failing everyone.

This could be a stand alone thread I think so if anyone wants ...feel free.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Maybe. But that law would seem to be restricted to making a specific threat to a specific person.

to any person, containing a threat to kill or to do bodily injury to the person to whom such letter or communication is sent, or a threat to kill or do bodily injury to any member of the family of the person to whom such letter or communication is sent commits a felony of the second degree,

Did Cruz threaten someone in particular? Perhaps the law needs to be updated regarding posts on social media.

edit on 3/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Maybe. But that law would seem to be restricted to making a specific threat to a specific person.

to any person, containing a threat to kill or to do bodily injury to the person to whom such letter or communication is sent, or a threat to kill or do bodily injury to any member of the family of the person to whom such letter or communication is sent commits a felony of the second degree,

Did Cruz threaten someone in particular? Perhaps the law needs to be updated regarding posts on social media.

It says to any person, not a specific person. I don't think it would be hard for a prosecutor to argue that a person was threatened when you threaten to shoot up a school. And the law does cover electronic communications. That would include social media.

I've heard he threatened several students directly in addition to that general school shooting threat, but I just heard that on live coverage. I'd have to look for a source on it.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

This is a strange topic to use that tactic on.
A lot of caffeine perhaps? Hangover?

Assualt in Florida

784.011 Assault.—
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

I believe all states have assault laws on the books. I'm surprised you don't know a threat is a crime?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

This is a strange topic to use that tactic on.
A lot of caffeine perhaps? Hangover?

Assualt in Florida

784.011 Assault.—
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

I believe all states have assault laws on the books. I'm surprised you don't know a threat is a crime?

The law I posted would be a lot more useful since it's a felony and a felony conviction would have resulted in him failing background checks.

However, he purchased several guns illegally so even if he couldn't pass a background check due to a felony conviction or the law had barred him from purchasing because he was under 21, there's every reason to believe he'd have carried out the shooting anyway.

A law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity said he had bought at least seven of the guns legally, with the other three firearms in his 10-gun arsenal bought illegally.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Are we talking about the youtube post?
“Im going to be a professional school shooter.”

That's, in your opinion, a crime? Ok. So now what? No way of determining who actually made the post, or where in the country they were.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Simply providing a link to the law in Florida regarding assault you seemed to want someone to find for you. Not looking for yeah, whatabout this arguments.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I didn't ask for an assault law.
I asked for a law which could have been used to remove Cruz or his guns from society before he committed mass murder.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How would the law you cite have accomplished that? The youtube post by someone who called himself Nikolas Cruz, somewhere on the planet?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There wasn't just the YouTube comment, which I'll agree was unlikely they could trace back to him. However, if the FBI had a decent database, you'd think there could've been a way to cross reference the username (he used his real name) with other reports and would've found they had other complaints about a violent kid in Florida with the same name. Doesn't prove it was him, and by itself it's surely not enough to do anything.

There was also this:

2/5/2016 — A neighbor called police after seeing an alarming Instagram post that suggested Cruz might plan “to shoot up the school," according to Sheriff office’s notes. A deputy responded to the house, found he had knives and BB gun, and then passed the information along to the school resource officer, Deputy Scot Peterson. It’s unclear what Peterson, who retired last week after reports that he stood outside as the shooting occurred at Douglas, did with that information.

Source

Without seeing the specifics of the post there's no way of knowing whether the law I previously posted would apply. I still can't find anything about the verbal threats to students, despite having heard several anchors reference this.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I didn't ask for an assault law.
I asked for a law which could have been used to remove Cruz or his guns from society before he committed mass murder.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How would the law you cite have accomplished that? The youtube post by someone who called himself Nikolas Cruz, somewhere on the planet?

Since he had assaulted his mother, that would be considered domestic violence under FL law.

FL Domestic Violence defintions

Under the federal law prohibiting domestic violence offenders from purchasing a gun, any domestic violence conviction in a State court, regardless of whether the actual law you violated calls itself a domestic violence law, the conviction should be reported to NICS and should flag you in a background check as having a domestic violence conviction. And that was way back in like 2012 so it should've been through the court system and in his record by the time he turned 18. It potentially could've prevented him from passing a background check and purchasing a gun.

ETA:

This ex FL prosecutor seems to think Cruz should've been arrested. In theory, he knows the laws better than either of us does. He doesn't cite a specific law they should have applied though, so no way for us to really dig into it.
edit on 1 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Looks staged as hell. Prob in a Democrat controlled hell hole again...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Cruz was convicted of domestic violence?
Yeah, he should not have been able to buy his guns. That's a real fail.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Cruz was convicted of domestic violence?
Yeah, he should not have been able to buy his guns. That's a real fail.

No he wasn't. He could have been charged with assaulting his mother though, which is a domestic violence offense under Florida's legal definitions. If convicted of that, and it was reported to NICS, it should have flagged him when he tried to purchase his firearms.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Really, i don't think it's possible to get any dumber than trying to solve a gun problem by adding more guns ,you already have more guns than people, we're already at the bottom of the barrel .

I didn't think so either, until you posted something about arming children. Congratulations on proving us both wrong.

TheRedneck

Arming teachers is a dumb as arming students, there really is no debating it.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: JBurns

This discussion is pointless, the vast majority of teachers will not want to carry firearms, seriously has anyone even bothered to consult teachers about this ?

Nope! it will be MANDATORY!

Vintage WW2 German Nazi paratrooper machine guns. Cheaper than glocks.

Ratatat-tat-tat tat!

They can have the kids load the mags.

They will learn how to count and take inventory!

And learn the metric system!

edit on 3 2 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Really, i don't think it's possible to get any dumber than trying to solve a gun problem by adding more guns ,you already have more guns than people, we're already at the bottom of the barrel .

I didn't think so either, until you posted something about arming children. Congratulations on proving us both wrong.

TheRedneck

Why? How much you gonna f'k around when you know someone right next or behind you can blow your brains out in a heartbeat?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

TheRedneck

Why? How much you gonna f'k around when you know someone right next or behind you can blow your brains out in a heartbeat?

Really.... you need me to explain to you why this is a bad idea.....

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

TheRedneck

Really.... you need me to explain to you why this is a bad idea.....

Yeah let's just let assholes keep doing what they do.

Unless you really are talking personal responsibility being fostered and taught that consequences matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

There is literally nothing that will stop assholes doing what they do best, there are 7 billion people, the law of averages dictates some of them will be assholes.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

There is literally nothing that will stop assholes doing what they do best, there are 7 billion people, the law of averages dictates some of them will be assholes.

Yeah so you want Govts to take care of it? They can take care of them AND YOU! or should everyone have a hand?

Oh sure, there will be Talibans and Nazi's and planeo whackjobs but who you want to deal with them?

They gonna hide in their trunks or start blazing away?

Too many people anyway.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join