It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick's Sporting Goods to stop selling assault-style rifles in wake of Florida school shooting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Nope.

If an under 21 is considered to be to young to buy a firearm.

Then they are too young to push political agendas on CNN.

Another absolutely stupid comment.

You're rolling today, kid.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Dicks did this a while ago.

For not wanting to be part of the story they sure seem to be making themselves a part of it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You're rolling today, kid.

Now there's a stupid comment,

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: pavil

Thanks for making my coffee go out my nose.

I seriously doubt the anti gun people we're the Market buying said guns from Dicks.

They don't have to be in the market to affect the demand of a product.

If they were really focused on the whole gun debate, they'd stop selling the guns that cause the vast majority of homicides in America.

If they really supported the 2nd, they would stand strong and tell the whiners to blow off.

If you ain't buying nor intend to buy in the future, you are not the market.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 28-2-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
I prefer Bass Pro Shops anyways. Friendlier staff, and significantly more knowledgeable.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: butcherguy

Field and Stream had to carry to the register due to company policy. Makes sense because someone could load the gun before going to the register. Since they keep ammo on the floor whereas most local gun shops keep ammo behind the counter. Or you could steal the gun outright if you think about it.

All the way to the car? Might be an individual store policy or personal policy in order to get a smoke break before coming back in. Gonna go with personal policy here after thinking about it.

No, I am fairly certain it was at least store policy, because the person that did my paperwork in the Lodge area made me wait for a manager to carry it to the checkout and then the manager told me that it was their policy (whether store or corporate policy was not specified) to carry it to my vehicle. After I unlocked the car and opened the door, the rifle was handed to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Mind as well stop selling semi auto handguns because it fires at the same rate. lol morons...

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Others above have answered my point exactly. It is a civil rights violation to discriminate based on age what would otherwise be a legal activity. 18 year olds are allowed to purchase long guns. It is 21 for handguns. Dick’s and Field & Stream could lose their license over this policy at minimum.

No. It is not. It is entirely legal for companies to set age restrictions on certain items or activities they sell or provide. If your assertion is true, how can hotels set age restrictions on how old a child must be to use their pool without parental supervision? How about age requirements to use gyms/fitness centers?

Perfectly legal otherwise...

Edit to add: Leasing is a different animal from purchasing and has everything to do with insurance policies on their cars. Enterprise, Avis and Budget do not discriminate on the selling off of their expired inventory of cars.

So the insurance companies are discriminating against them for an otherwise legal activity?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well this has become so political it will hurt DICKS Sporting Goods.......

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Sure...

You ever buy a rifle at Dick's?

No. I do not buy anything at the chain sporting good stores. I suggest you look in to local, smaller shops that offer full service before and after the sale.

They also do not carry it out to your car for you. If you are eligible to purchase the firearm, they trust you to put it in your vehicle.

Seems to me that if they carried it out to your car for you, they had reason to suspect you may have been shady and should not have sold you the firearm to begin with, even if you did pass the background check.

Did you ever buy a gun at Dick's?
Your answer was no.
But you thought I was lying, when you have ZERO experience in the matter.
Then you go on to lecture me as to where I should shop for guns.... as if I have only purchased firearms at Dick's.

I did not lecture. It was a suggestion, if you read what I posted.

As for the "Dicks" aspect, no. I do not believe you, though it doesn't matter really.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

a reply to: pavil

Thanks for making my coffee go out my nose.

I seriously doubt the anti gun people we're the Market buying said guns from Dicks.

They don't have to be in the market to affect the demand of a product.

If they were really focused on the whole gun debate, they'd stop selling the guns that cause the vast majority of homicides in America.

If they really supported the 2nd, they would stand strong and tell the whiners to blow off.

If you ain't buying nor intend to buy in the future, you are not the market.

Ok. Read what I posted again.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yes they carry to your car/truck. Want let you buy ammo at the same time either. But you can sure lock up the rifle and walk right back in the store and buy the ammunition you may need. Been there. Done that.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

Yes they carry to your car/truck. Want let you buy ammo at the same time either. But you can sure lock up the rifle and walk right back in the store and buy the ammunition you may need. Been there. Done that.

Yes, I forgot about the ammo thing, as it did come up during one purchase.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Will Dick's still sell shotguns?

More murders are committed using shotguns than all types of rifles combined, according to the FBI.

good question.
the house bill
house gun bill

the bill considers shotguns with the following criteria to be assault:
A semiautomatic shotgun that has any 1
7 of the following:
8 ‘‘(i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable
9 stock.
10 ‘‘(ii) A pistol grip.
11 ‘‘(iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to
12 accept more than 5 rounds.
13 ‘‘(iv) The ability to accept a detachable
14 magazine.
15 ‘‘(v) A forward grip.
16 ‘‘(vi) A grenade launcher or rocket launch-
17 er.
18 ‘‘(G) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

if the sporting goods store follows this thought then yeah, they may well stop selling shotguns too.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I didn't say assault shotguns though.

Why are they focusing on long guns?

The guns used in most of the mass shootings since Columbine have been pistols.

Pistols are used to commit murder by a factor of 20X more than rifles.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I have to stop reading here to interject.

It is not the same. There is a difference between stocking merchandise and creating a product.

Now, if the hateful bigot bakers chose not to sell an already made cake to the gay couple, then it would be equivalent.

You guys are so ready for a fight it seems like you throw reason out the window.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's where I go.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

stupidity on their part cruz was know to authorities who didn't try to bar him from obtaining guns its their fault not dicks

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

thats right the duke boys showed up bow and arrow could be a powerful weapon with dynamite arrows. and what about them big rambo assualt knives they sell you can cut a guy in half with one swipe or their black tactical flounder/ frog gig spearamabobs deadly i tell you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join