It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick's Sporting Goods to stop selling assault-style rifles in wake of Florida school shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Keep this one in mind folks DKS, going to be a great short in the weeks leading up to quarterly earnings reports.

I hope they don't have any tax breaks that some (R) could threaten them with either.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

That last sentence has made my day. Time to go earn the coffee.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well, they show good sense and judgement, they ain't dicks after all!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Think that's scary.? Really? I find it customizable to my fit in every way. Just like the AR-15. That's why their popular. The one pictured was a gift from my wife.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Dick's Sporting Goods to stop selling assault-style rifles in wake of Florida school shooting

Morons.

I could win the lottery.

Don't mean I will.

Stupid freggin Morons.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I have a marlin in 30-30. Lever action. Prob one of my fav rifles. I have never seen your rifle before, but I can see the lever which switches yours from single round to assault.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Do they still sell assault mittens?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think we should stop selling cars because a drunk driver might kill someone.

Herp Derp!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Vendor with ‘Get a Roof, Get a Gun’ promotion kicked out of Garden and Home Show

A vendor was told to remove his display because of an image of an AR-15 rifle that’s being used for a promotion.

The promotion is called "Get a Roof, Get a Gun." It’s been a promotional slogan for James Webb’s business for two years.

Now that promotion might have backfired at the Colorado Garden and Home Show.

Webb has been in the roofing business for 14 years. Two years ago, he started the promotional campaign.

Webb's customers are given a $700 gift card to Cabela’s where they could use it to buy a new Smith and Wesson AR-15 rifle.

Yeah, you guys are always so rational and not over-reacting..

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I think we should stop selling assault cars because a drunk driver might kill someone.

Herp Derp!

Fixed it for you!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Good thing huh. Gotta have thirty round magazines because I suck at hunting.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If guns were safety orange, would yall feel better, I mean I know facts are useless so I'm trying to deal in feeling.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I want 35 rounds to shoot someone thinking they are coming in my house, I ain't got time to hunt.

link   
They should stop selling .223 and 5.56 ammo as well. If they want to compliment the stopped magazine and rifle sales.

Also no military surplus stuff(cans, coats, etc).

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

How about no SSRI type drugs peddled to the masses as a cure all?
edit on 28-2-2018 by Lysergic because: SSRI

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I wonder if Dick's will still sell the Ruger 10-22 ?

You can get them with scary stocks and high capacity magazines.

Before anyone goes full retard and says it is only a 22 rimfire.... I guess you wouldn't mind getting shot in the head with one?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

It's a Mossberg 464 SPX, simple.30-30 lever action. I shot for one squeeze of the trigger. I just liked my CowBoy Style one so much my wife thought I'd like this one. She was right, it became a fav really quick. Easy to carry, quite accurate as well. All around decent rifle with many use's.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Every one should have a Ruger 10-22.....with a damn truck load of ammo to go with it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I wonder if Dick's will still sell the Ruger 10-22 ?

You can get them with scary stocks and high capacity magazines.

Before anyone goes full retard and says it is only a 22 rimfire.... I guess you wouldn't mind getting shot in the head with one?

Yes, anything with a polymer stock should get pulled from their shelves. Wood stock guns only, except if they are .223 and semi auto. So they should pull all the mini 14's and any surplus guns as well, even though they are wood. No Ak's or anything either of course.

I think they should still sell handguns, but with NO magazine. Make the buyer go someplace and buy a magazine.

This is going to be great. Finally the urban city dweller will have a place to go to and buy all the things they never wanted and will never need. All the while driving out your existing customer base. Good move by dicks IMO. I think they should go all in on this.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I find it interesting that most people are focusing on the assault-style rifle part despite the fact that they haven't sold them since 2012 with the exception of the 34 Field & Stream stores.

I think their views on background checks are much more important. Between all their stores they probably process hundreds, if not thousands, of background checks every day. So if they're saying that the current system is not sufficient it probably isn't sufficient.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join