It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is.... Well..... Being Google again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
gurgle is their own comprany. tehy can do what they whant.

Just that they own almost everything should be ignored. let them censor everything, we can always use..... something else. nothing to see here. just mass censorship. as long as they're their own company..

they don't like it, you wont see it. but they're their own company.. who buy out everything else..

the book burning has begun.

I had someone give me that line concerning Fascistbook. Yes, it's a free service, but I'm not going to have anything *I* put there or the ability to contact my friends held for ransom against my will.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Why even use google? Use duckduckgo, no tracking and no censorship

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Keep telling you guys it's not even google.

It's

Alphabet LL C we aren't breaking the constituion, we're a company, it's for advertising, we swear.

They are herpes for privacy.

And constitutional protections need to be applied to companies as well.

It's not rocket surgery to assume knowledge is power and the narrative is controlled if you are the gatekeeper of knowledge.

This crap was probably thought up before the internet was allowed to go public.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wish we had a more search engines like Duck Duck Go

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

try duck duck go, they don't keep records of your searches

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's because Remington, browning, winchester etc. have not paid Google the ransom money, oooh, oooh I mean they have not paid google their advertisement fee.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of Google. I used to love them, until they started spouting off total nonsense in regards to its users privacy. Since then, I've done everything I can to ditch Google. I begrudgingly use an Android device, and have a Gmail account I use ONLY for the app store and Google services, no email.

There are good alternatives to Google.

Search: Duckduckgo.com or startpage.com (Even Bing.com has proven to be a better alternative)

Email: Yandex.com (Russian based but still better than Google) Protonmail.com (encrypted, privacy first email provider. Downside is you have to use the mobile app or web based email, no SMTP access)

Calendar: Still searching for one, currently use Microsoft's alternative which works rather well. (But again, a major company with shady privacy practices, but again at least it's not Google)

I realize that companies need to make money on its free users. I don't mind ads, but when they start reading your emails (automated or no) to better target you, track your online activity and the likes, it's going too far. I'd rather pay a monthly / yearly fee to opt out of such insane policies.

Using Duckduckgo or startpage, you forgo the "search bubble" and also don't suffer too much from censoring.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Is it fixed now? Because I Googled "Top Gun" and got results.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I designed and published a website back in 1998. I had very little difficulty in getting top ranking. This was a time when there was no google just Alta Vista, Excite, Yahoo were some of the top search engines. Publish a website nowadays and the ranking is so low that one is lucky get a couple of views per day.

With Google what does it take to get a high enough ranking in the search results to be seen? Most of the websites seen in the top rankings are large corporate websites. Does Google take money for rankings? Pay their SEO service for better rankings? IMHO, Google and Bing are very intolerant of any content that they find inadequate and dictate what will be shown and what won't.
edit on 28-2-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Way too many people here think the issue is with Google search results. It is not. It is with the Google Shopping search results and yes, it is 100% censored now to remove any type of weapons or weapons parts, stocks, etc. It is not perfect, but they are trying their best to do it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join