It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Flagrant Abuse of Power, Georgia Lt. Gov Casey Cagle‏ Threatens Delta to Revenge NRA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So, now standing for the constitution and constitutional rights makes one "right wing?"

Well, count me in, then.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Can we, for one minute, remember Delta is the #tiest of the large airline companies operating in the US???

Until they improve their flying experience across the board, screw ‘em!!

I’ve learned my lesson with Delta

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

How about when Obama forced every American to buy a product from a third party or face punishment?

How exactly is this different?

ETA

You thought that was a great idea, defended it every step of the way.

Now thiis guy tries to force a major corporation to give something back to innocent Americans that they already had.

instead of punishing them for doing nothing.

And you are crying foul. My god what an effing hypocrite.
edit on 27-2-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
In the first place, discounts signify some special kind of relationship offered to someone as a gift of sorts.Employee discounts, family discounts, discounts to church members etc. What Delta is doing is just telling the NRA that it no longer thinks them special.

Are they charging NRA members more? One would guess by all the knashing of teeth going on.

What did the NRA ever do for Delta in the first place is what I want to know. What was the reciprosity other than the supposed business the discount brought to Delta?

Have other airlines also offered this discount? I have no idea other than a wild ass guess and that would be yes.
And if so, just what makes the members of the NRA so much better than the average Joe other than their choice of expensive toys.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's about branding and knowing your demographic.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm certain that all manner of untoward things are occurring behind closed doors at any given time. The fact that it's happening out in the open is what's shocking — the brazenness — and what it implies about the state politics.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
shouldn't liberals love this? I mean, he's saying that he will make the big corporation pay their fair share. more tax money for schools, think of the children and support no tax cuts for big corporations!!!!!

ironically, the airlines spend more on lobbying then the NRA does.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yep. So Delta has decided it will gain revenue to more than counter balance the revenue it will lose.
I honestly cannot understand why people who consider themselves conservative consider this business decision as anything other than a calculated decision by a corporation doing what corporations do.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Nothing in the Constitution defending Corporations, whatsoever.

That's not what the right-wing majority in SCOTUS ruled in Citizens United vs FEC. (Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito, Kennedy)

Finally some backlash for Corporations that lick their fingers, stick them in the air and see which way the wind is blowing that particular day.

Is that really what this is? Would you think it was the Trump org getting it's just desserts if they were threatened with having their tax breaks nullified if Trump didn't give a discount to say... supporters of the ACLU? (ironically of course, the ACLU wouldn't stand for it like the NRA will)

The mere fact that Delta gave the NRA a discount in the first place- which I disagree with-is proof positive of 'weather vein style' decision making.

So your biggest gripe with Delta is that they worked out a deal with the NRA to give a discount and you've now that they're not, the guy who is trying to force them into doing what you disagree with through abuse of power is somehow dispensing justice?

My hope is this sends a message for Corporations stay the hell out of political issues when clearly, CLEARLY, they are doing nothing more than appeasing their perceived base.

How about politicians keeping partisan politics out of government interaction with corporations? Delta isn't the NRA, they don't have a political "base" — they have a customer base and trying to keep customers is fundamental to running any business.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
LT governor is an idiot...

That said, this whole big manufactured outrage at the NRA shines a pretty big light on some problems in our country, the amount the NRA spends on lobbying is peanuts compared to quite a few lobbying groups in the US. What makes them a very effective group is their members will get out and vote, which in areas that they have a fair number of members means the politicians have to listen to them.
Oh and yes it is manufactured considering the epic failures at the Sherrifs level, the state level and the federal levels of law enforcement/schools in the recent shooting.

Their failures to enter the school, take actual action to help a troubled kid that apaprently everyone knew was troubled, to investigate threats, all of these did far more to enable this tragedy than the NRA.

We had plenty of warning before this happened, everyone failed to act on the warnings... so of course blame a group that at best is on the extreme periphery of what happened that will make certain that change happens.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
shouldn't liberals love this? I mean, he's saying that he will make the big corporation pay their fair share. more tax money for schools, think of the children and support no tax cuts for big corporations!!!!!

ironically, the airlines spend more on lobbying then the NRA does.

whats ironic is that people aren't seeing this for what it is.

so 3 weeks ago, Delta would have gotten a tax break because they aligned with an institution the state favors.
how is that different from any other form of political corruption, i don't know....

the norm is, if you like our affiliates, we'll take care of you, but if you don't, then no... all out in the open... and the ignorant blanket statements show the truth about the state of politics in America. the ones claiming side A is brainwashed, are the ones easily impressionable and easily shrug blatant corruption

what does the nra have to do with the 2nd? wasn't the second fine before it? is it not fine now.? a slush fund corporation is dictating American politics... surprise surprise...
edit on 27-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

How about politicians keeping partisan politics out of government interaction with corporations?

The dems have been calling for boycotts of businesses that sell guns or even associate with the NRA and now you have a problem with partisan politics hurting businesses?

Do you even see it?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

this is why the economy is screwed up right now because this kind of corruption isn't even seen as corruption anymore it's just how they do business

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

The dems have been calling for boycotts of businesses that sell guns or even associate with the NRA and now you have a problem with partisan politics hurting businesses?

What?

Do you honestly not see the difference between people calling for a boycott (which happens just as often on the Right) and an elected official threatening to retaliate against a company on behalf of a political lobbying organization if the company doesn't give the lobbying org's members discounted services?

Tell me that you can see how those are vastly different.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
delta wanted to make a political discussion decision and make a statement? they didnt scream fire in a crowded theater they can deal with the repercussions of their statements ,like it or not fracking with the NRA has consequences they wanna play political ball they can get their subsidies from other states ,its up to the legislature what tax breaks they give to corporations they decided to step into the fray and got burned statement's have consequences in this world so they can live with them few compaines have broken ties with the NRA this is their response dont underestimate them they have upwards of 50 million supporters which is roughly 1/5th of the american population they tend to respond to what they view as threats so this is what they get

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: notsure1

What?

Do you honestly not see the difference between people calling for a boycott (which happens just as often on the Right) and an elected official threatening to retaliate against a company on behalf of a political lobbying organization if the company doesn't give the lobbying org's members discounted services?

Tell me that you can see how those are vastly different.

So Are you saying no elected official on the left has called for a boycott of businesses?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

How about when Obama forced every American to buy a product from a third party or face punishment?

How exactly is this different?

ETA

You thought that was a great idea, defended it every step of the way.

Another cringe worthy yammer fest. How are they different? In what way are they remotely the same?

Now thiis guy tries to force a major corporation to give something back to innocent Americans that they already had.

instead of punishing them for doing nothing.

No he's not. He's trying to force them to give discounted airfare to members of a political lobbying organization. What are you even talking about?

And you are crying foul. My god what an effing hypocrite.

And you're off your meds.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I think AD is right. The SCOTUS just struck down (thank God) the terrible laws put up by many state governments, liberal and conservative, who threatened citizens with reprisals for supporting the Israel boycott.

This looks similar to that

Anyone should be able to exercise their right to do business with whom they want and protest anyone they want without being punished by a governmental power

That's true. We saw how extreme this got when Obama abused government power to punish political opponents and corporations he didn't like. This needs to stop.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Shows just how beholden to lobbyists these so-called "representatives of the people" actually are. Pretty sad that everything has turned into partisan politics these days, almost as if it's a concerted effort on the part of both parties to have everyone prejudiced against those who hold a different opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

In other words its ok if my side does it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join