It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy of the Sanctuary State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Way to go California. Just when I think you can't get any more liberally twisted - you outdo yourself.

It is no secret by now that California has declared itself a sanctuary state and is openly defying Federal law regarding immigration. The actual number of illegal aliens in California is unknown despite many attempts by local government to assert a lower number than is generally believed to be accurate. The sheer numbers of illegals, and the failed economic plans of the local government, have resulted in a significant increase in homelessness of both legals and illegals. Limited resources available to combat this problem have been completely overrun and are scrambling to find a solution.

Enter hypocrisy.

“It’s becoming part of the permanent landscape in those communities and there is no way we are going to allow Orange County land that is supposed to be used by residents to be occupied by the homeless,” said Todd Spitzer, who sits on the Orange County Board of Supervisors.

Wait a minute there Todd. Those homeless people are residents of the state, remember? According to you and all the liberal government tools like you, these people are not criminals or illegals, they are undocumented citizens - residents of the state.

“That isn’t going to happen in our county. It’s not going to be our skid row,” Spitzer vowed. “We need to be compassionate and empathetic. I’m writing checks all over the place. But I’m not going to intermingle this population with property owners, are you kidding?”

"We welcome you all - please register and vote democrat...now GTFO."

Los Angeles’ homeless problem has now spread past Skid Row to much of downtown. The amount of feces littering the streets in San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco has led to a hepatitis outbreak that spread throughout the state’s homeless communities, infecting 694 people.

Sounds like liberal paradise to me. Just keep throwing tax payer money at it and everything will be fine...

artic le
edit on 26-2-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Way to go California. Just when I think you can't get any more liberally twisted - you outdo yourself.

It is no secret by now that California has declared itself a sanctuary state and is openly defying Federal law regarding immigration. The actual number of illegal aliens in California is unknown despite many attempts by local government to assert a lower number than is generally believed to be accurate. The sheer numbers of illegals, and the failed economic plans of the local government, have resulted in a significant increase in homelessness of both legals and illegals. Limited resources available to combat this problem have been completely overrun and are scrambling to find a solution.

Enter hypocrisy.

“It’s becoming part of the permanent landscape in those communities and there is no way we are going to allow Orange County land that is supposed to be used by residents to be occupied by the homeless,” said Todd Spitzer, who sits on the Orange County Board of Supervisors.

Wait a minute there Todd. Those homeless people are residents of the state, remember? According to you and all the liberal government tools like you, these people are not criminals or illegals, they are undocumented citizens - residents of the state.

“That isn’t going to happen in our county. It’s not going to be our skid row,” Spitzer vowed. “We need to be compassionate and empathetic. I’m writing checks all over the place. But I’m not going to intermingle this population with property owners, are you kidding?”

"We welcome you all - please register and vote democrat...now GTFO."

Los Angeles’ homeless problem has now spread past Skid Row to much of downtown. The amount of feces littering the streets in San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco has led to a hepatitis outbreak that spread throughout the state’s homeless communities, infecting 694 people.

Sounds like liberal paradise to me. Just keep throwing tax payer money at it and everything will be fine...

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/26/los-angeles-burbs-crack-down-on-huge-homeless-camp-near-disneyland-fearing-new-skid-row.amp.html]link[ /url]

Liberals generally aren't very good at connecting dots. They are not known for being able to look beyond any specific policy being advocated and it's broader effects. This is why so many of their positions seem in conflict with each other. For example, on one hand they will advocate for a living wage while importing/protecting illegal immigrant which drives down wages.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I don't have the time to find the link, but I read an article yesterday to the effect that going forward, Cali may well be headed to fiscal insolvency. I can't say how accurate that assesment is, but, if that were to happen, it would be an incredible disaster, not just for California, but for the whole United States.

You can get an explanation at: www.cnbc.com...

Appears part of the problem is Cali's tax system which relies far too much on State income taxation of high wage earners. Those high wage earners are..............leaving. Much the same is happening in the Northeast Corridor, i.e., Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York.

What makes the Cali prospects of a State funding crises so awful is the HUGE population of permanently homeless and disabled and worse, an even large population of near transient "professional class" workers, Nurses, Teachers, etc. who regularly now, because of the Cali housing crisis, live in their vehicles in "safe parking" lots during the work week. State funded hospitals might well be forced to close, schools might welll have to do massive layoffs and these people have no back-up plan or savings.

Really bad situation there.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I don't have the time to find the link, but I read an article yesterday to the effect that going forward, Cali may well be headed to fiscal insolvency. I can't say how accurate that assesment is, but, if that were to happen, it would be an incredible disaster, not just for California, but for the whole United States.

You can get an explanation at: www.cnbc.com...

Appears part of the problem is Cali's tax system which relies far too much on State income taxation of high wage earners. Those high wage earners are..............leaving. Much the same is happening in the Northeast Corridor, i.e., Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York.

What makes the Cali prospects of a State funding crises so awful is the HUGE population of permanently homeless and disabled and worse, an even large population of near transient "professional class" workers, Nurses, Teachers, etc. who regularly now, because of the Cali housing crisis, live in their vehicles in "safe parking" lots during the work week. State funded hospitals might well be forced to close, schools might welll have to do massive layoffs and these people have no back-up plan or savings.

Really bad situation there.

over $200b in unfunded mandates while we build a bullet train to nowhere. More important to welcome our parasitic invaders from the south and feverishly try to kill the very ag industry that built the state. SMH

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

In related news, Discovery of Needles and Human Feces Rise in San Francisco

San Fran's Feces problem

Sounds like a liberal utopia, all right... ~shudder~

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Liberalism - Find a Cure before it kills us all

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Liberalism - Find a Cure before it kills us all

All kidding aside, the ideology does present itself a lot like cancer....

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I guess this is going to be the second summer of love.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hypocrisy of the Sanctuary State

Beat them at their own little game.

Gun control free states.

Watch their little heads explode.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I live in CA, and get REALLY SICK of hearing reports on ATS, that are so messed up and twisted. SIMPLY UNTRUE STUFF....Well LA is the #1 visited place in the U.S. and a GREAT place to live.....So suck on that.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I live in CA, and get REALLY SICK of hearing reports on ATS, that are so messed up and twisted. SIMPLY UNTRUE STUFF....Well LA is the #1 visited place in the U.S. and a GREAT place to live.....So suck on that.

Then i suggest you go suck on Todd Spitzer who sits on the Orange county board of supervisors because he thinks this is a huge problem....

new topics

top topics

join