It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did CNN do this on purpose or are they just LITERALLY stupid?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Oh no, Subaeruginosa, this is YUGE! I don’t how we are going to survive this, to be honest.
Give your kids a big hug and a kiss - it won’t be long now.

I didn't claim it was huuuge, luv. Just another bit of sloppy reporting in the day of a CNN "reporting monitor". That person probably stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I know that CNN is the only media who has ever, in the history of media, made a mistake in their reporting. No media has ever done a retraction except CNN. Ever.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

Obviously an incompetent employee of CNN wrote about something they had no idea about.

Yeah , the topic is the "US".....

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Oh no, Subaeruginosa, this is YUGE! I don’t how we are going to survive this, to be honest.

I didn't claim it was huuuge, luv. Just another bit of sloppy reporting in the day of a CNN "reporting monitor". That person probably stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I know that CNN is the only media who has ever, in the history of media, made a mistake in their reporting. No media has ever done a retraction except CNN. Ever.

Can you try to give us some examples....
Or , are you a CNN reporter ???
Zucker , is that you ?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OKAY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

I have a big announcement to make.

I was wrong wrong wrong. Game over.

While I clicked that article, I made the "Big Mistake" of not checking the date on that CNN piece. Assuming it was current because of last night's Governors Dinner, it was not.

Go back to my article linked in the OP and look at the date.

I will eat my crow now. Love all you guys that participated.

One tiny little misdirection, one small oversight, and look what we have.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Zucker , is that you ?

Examples of what?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

A dry Chardonnay is good with crow, I hear.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If I am making the error, I will be the first to admit it.

This is an important lesson for everybody that is serious about their research. Many times we are directed (either intentionally by click bait, or unintentionally) and we follow the links. Once you get there, examine everything closely because sometimes things are not what they seem.

The article in my OP was from 2017.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Zucker , is that you ?

Examples of what?

retraction except CNN. Ever.

Fairly strong words there.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Games over buddy.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

OKAY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

I have a big announcement to make.

I was wrong wrong wrong. Game over.

While I clicked that article, I made the "Big Mistake" of not checking the date on that CNN piece. Assuming it was current because of last night's Governors Dinner, it was not.

Go back to my article linked in the OP and look at the date.

I will eat my crow now. Love all you guys that participated.

One tiny little misdirection, one small oversight, and look what we have.

1. You find what you believe to be lies from any non alt-right media, no matter how insignificant.
2. Cult 45 has pages of circle jerk comments, no one bothering to check the facts, all about those good feels!
3. The truth is revealed but Cult 45 could now care less, satiated and spent from their circle jerk, the truth matters not.
4. Please fact check, less trolling more critical thought! Less feels, more reality!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
1) I need a couple of folks to clean the horse stables (yes , shovel horse crap)
2) If the AT&T buyout goes through , there will be many CNNers out of jobs
3) As most at CNN have spent their entire careers shoveling horse crap to their loyal viewers they are experts in the field
4) I do my due diligence to the US economy by hiring the unemployed

Make sense ?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If I am making the error, I will be the first to admit it.

The article in my OP was from 2017.

Oh, that's gold...

So even though my explanation wasn't 100% correct... I was still one of the only people who realized something was off and didn't just accept your OP at face value... Nice... I'll take that, lol.

edit on 26-2-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Enough games and leading our members on:

White House Govenor's Dinner was this past Sunday, Feb. 25th.

2018 Academy Awards are not until Sunday, March 4th.

CNN doesn't know how to look at a calendar.

LOL, Okay. I don't watch the academy awards so I don't know when it airs. I'm reading the comments to try and figure this post out... The op assumed WAY to much.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
CNN's target audience does not consist of thinking people. They probably inundated their TV provider last night with anger because they could not find the Academy Awards.

Those who participate in CNN's polls are in that category.
edit on 2/26/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

lololol....nice try. Re-read the OP. Do you see anything "interesting"?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oh the irony.
OP insults CNN for mixing up dates.
OP mixed up dates.
Lmao

I don't even watch CNN but that's funny.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Are you talking about the part where they say "many" Americans will be watching the Academy Awards?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It doesn't matter to me if they messed up, I was not invited to the Whitehouse for this event. I am pissed, I really wanted to decline the invitation. I am the governor of the cats in the house.
I am a kibble servant.
edit on 26-2-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Let me help you.

Reading a news article this morning, I was directed to the subject article referenced in the OP. I clicked it and read it assuming it was current.

The article appeared to put the dinner and the oscars on the same Sunday.

Surely, CNN should have caught that. It is not an earth shattering mistake, but considering CNN is sometimes loose with facts, and I personally cannot stomach them, the "mistake" jumped out at me.

But, I still could not believe something so obviously off wasn't caught by someone.

I put it out there for the ATS sleuths to examine. This is not a left/right R/D issue. It is about reporting.

The ATS discussion ensued, without anyone noticing the article is actually from last year.

I then announced my "mistake". If you read the OP, I even mentioned that I might be missing something. I asked ATS to evaluate. No one found the error concerning the date.

I then announced it was time to eat the crow and luv recommended a nice dry Chardonnay to go with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Games are a lot more fun when they're good.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join