It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago, Illinois to Allow Illegal Immigrants to Vote........ Is this setting a precedent?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How do we pretend we are upset about Russian interference in our election process and then turn around and let non-citizens vote in our elections?

The hypocrisy is simply unbelievable.

...obviously because of *who* the Russians allegedly wanted elected versus *who* the illegals vote for.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
A way to screw black folks over more.

smh.

The Democrat's way...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How do we pretend we are upset about Russian interference in our election process and then turn around and let non-citizens vote in our elections?

The hypocrisy is simply unbelievable.

Sadly it's completely believable to me. At this point I'd be more shocked if they didn't demonstrate a double standard on an issue.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Funny so thousands of visiting tourists arrive before the elections to get their cards

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So arrest the chumps.

Chicago?

More like

Chickagoaroundsoyoudon'tgetcarjackedrapedmurdered

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think that a citizen should have the right to vote, the law says that. It does not say foreigners from different countries can vote. If they allow non-citizens to vote, they have to let tourists vote in their elections. They cannot discriminate.

I hope they get slammed by the feds and their voting polls get denied if they vote in any federal election where the person is a representative of our country. I can see this ballooning, soon the governor will be from Germany since illegals can get citizen rights, so can foreigners run for office. No shots fired, The EU can seize this country by getting their people in charge..

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Its not setting a precedent. Its just acknowledging something that has been happening for a long time already.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I could have avoided a lot of paperwork if I had just done everything illegally.

I should just burn that citizenship certificate as it means dick all now.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It is my understanding that a local or state government can pass laws that allow illegals to vote in those state or local elections.

But, they absolutely are not allowed to vote in federal elections. Let them do that, and if found out, they will probably be arrested, fined, or deported.
edit on 26-2-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I could have avoided a lot of paperwork if I had just done everything illegally.

I'm still waiting for a city to declare itself a sanctuary for citizens that don't feel like following the law.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
if found out

This is the key part. They're trying to institute a program which will allow illegals to vote, and no one will find out. They'll just say there's no evidence illegals voted in the election, and if you ask to examine the records to find out they'll call you a racist.
edit on 26 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Smacks of Open Society Foundations paws all over it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
Except you still have to be a citizen to vote. So no, they are not legally able to vote, with or without this new ID.

Slap!

"why did you let them vote?"

"they had the ID!"

Slap!

"they can't vote!"

"they had the ID!"

Slap!

"they CAN'T VOTE!"

"they had the ID!!"

SLAP!!

lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm still waiting for a city to declare itself a sanctuary for citizens that don't feel like following the law.

YAY! No taxes!!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I really wish one of the billionaire governor candidates would fly in a million Russians to vote.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is foreign interference in our elections. If you are gonna let this fly then lets just start a GLOBAL VOTE to decide who the president of the U.S. is. There is NO REASON non citizens should be allowed to vote. Do we get to decide who the chancellor of Germany is? NO we don't. This is the way to ruin this country ( worse than it already is ). in our a reply to: dothedew

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If you're surprised by any of this you're not paying attention. Say you're a sanctuary city let them flood in and make sure you help them vote for you. Power hungry Scum bags all of them

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
State Board of Elections spokesman Matt Dietrich says there is no state requirement to prove citizenship while registering to vote. He’s not expecting a surge in potential voter fraud cases because the process will remain the same.

The article continues with
''“When you go to register to vote, you do check a box that attests to your citizenship,” Dietrich said. “You are signing a legal document that says, ‘Yes, I am a citizen.’ But no one who registers to vote is required to bring in, for example, a birth certificate or other proof of citizenship. That’s something that you check the box, and you attest to it.”

Dietrich believes the penalty for illegally registering to vote is steep enough to discourage those who might be considering it.''

So it seems that the crux of the issue is that the state has, and has had, no requirement to prove citizenship to register. This is where the problem is, not in this new ID.

The new ID will make it easier in that it provides some additional legitimacy. The idea that there is a deterrent under the law is a weak one as we already know, and so do illegals, that there is no way they will be prosecuted. I guess the Democrats have realised that their strategy of garnering illegal votes to win elections would be uncovered and exposed under a Trump Presidency so they are just getting ahead of it and admitting it.
edit on 28/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join