It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago, Illinois to Allow Illegal Immigrants to Vote........ Is this setting a precedent?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well...... I........ DOn't even have the words for what I'm reading right now.

From the source:

A new municipal ID designed primarily for illegal immigrants will be accepted in Chicago as a valid form of identification to register to vote.

The CityKey will be a government-issued photo identification card available to all Chicago residents regardless of immigration status, criminal record, housing status, or gender identity, according to the city clerk’s website.

Source:
www.ilnews.org... l

So, I mean..... I'm completely dumbfounded. Is this the "work-around" for the Voter ID laws? Requiring state issued identification is too racist (even though you need ID for cigarettes, liquor, notarizing documents, buying a gun, buying media rated MA/R, entering a bar, going to the Doctors office, driving a vehicle, getting a library card, registering a vehicle, THE LIST GOES ON) so they develop their own form of ID to allow illegal votes?

I know that Chicago and Illinois as a whole have a certain knack for completely ignoring the Constitution, law, and just about everything.... But this has gone WAY too far.

If this hangs around and gets attention, I can imagine certain cities in California (if not the state as a whole) will be the next to adopt similar side stepping measures to allow a larger democratic vote.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

The CityKey will be a government-issued photo identification card available to all Chicago residents regardless of immigration status, criminal record, housing status, or gender identity, according to the city clerk’s website.

It will have to be an acceptable form of ID to register to vote if it’s abailable to any and all residents, as many may not have drivers licenses. That doesn’t mean they’re giving illegals the ability to vote.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Oh well..

It's the most corrupt city in America.

It's crime ridden and broke.

This wont effect the norm.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
State Board of Elections spokesman Matt Dietrich says there is no state requirement to prove citizenship while registering to vote. He’s not expecting a surge in potential voter fraud cases because the process will remain the same.

The article continues with
''“When you go to register to vote, you do check a box that attests to your citizenship,” Dietrich said. “You are signing a legal document that says, ‘Yes, I am a citizen.’ But no one who registers to vote is required to bring in, for example, a birth certificate or other proof of citizenship. That’s something that you check the box, and you attest to it.”

Dietrich believes the penalty for illegally registering to vote is steep enough to discourage those who might be considering it.''

So it seems that the crux of the issue is that the state has, and has had, no requirement to prove citizenship to register. This is where the problem is, not in this new ID.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I do have the words for this.

Effing hypocrites.

After a year of whining about Russian, and foreign interference in our election.

Those same people turn around and give FOREIGNERS the right to vote!

Eff that.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
State Board of Elections spokesman Matt Dietrich says there is no state requirement to prove citizenship while registering to vote. He’s not expecting a surge in potential voter fraud cases because the process will remain the same.

The article continues with
''“When you go to register to vote, you do check a box that attests to your citizenship,” Dietrich said. “You are signing a legal document that says, ‘Yes, I am a citizen.’ But no one who registers to vote is required to bring in, for example, a birth certificate or other proof of citizenship. That’s something that you check the box, and you attest to it.”

Dietrich believes the penalty for illegally registering to vote is steep enough to discourage those who might be considering it.''

So it seems that the crux of the issue is that the state has, and has had, no requirement to prove citizenship to register. This is where the problem is, not in this new ID.

Love how they play stupid...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The national guard needs to be called in to arrest and prosecute the Chicago city council or whoever allowed this to happen. The whole state needs to be looked at as a breach of national security.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Except you still have to be a citizen to vote. So no, they are not legally able to vote, with or without this new ID.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Ursushorribilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A way to screw black folks over more.

smh.

link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Oh well..

It's the most corrupt city in America.

It's crime ridden and broke.

This wont effect the norm.

El Chapo's "home port" drug corridor city, brought to you by the DEA, ATF, Bush, Obama, State Dept. All those gangstas he shipped up there to run the drug racket 'need' to vote.

link   
You must understand, there is precedent already in Chicago....

Alderman's Father Charged with Selling Fake IDs to Illegal Immigrants

Federal prosecutors on Tuesday added the father of a Chicago alderman to a fake-ID case in which 22 people were charged last month. Authorities cracked down on the operation in late April, saying they had shut down a $2 million operation that cranked out as many as 100 phony ID cards a day. Employees working in shifts made bogus driver's licenses, Social Security cards and resident alien cards.

Alderman in Chicago is basically city council member...
edit on 26-2-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I do have the words for this.

Effing hypocrites.

After a year of whining about Russian, and foreign interference in our election.

Those same people turn around and give FOREIGNERS the right to vote!

Eff that.

Don't be racist. Russians are white so they're white devils. Mexicans are Mexican. Duh!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Then it should not be a problem to allow puertoricans (american citizens) in the Island to vote for president.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If they really do allow illegal immigrants to vote in our national elections, then it is our duty as American citizens to declare war on Chicago.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Charged?

Why were they so RACIST?

Shoulda been FREE!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic A way to screw black folks over more.

It's really sad more free stuff and less responsibility like they don't exist only every couple of years.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Read between the lines. It would be accepted to register to vote [ nothing about illegals susing it].
And there are laws that provide criminal penalties for non citizens who vote. Unless they change those laws. every illegal that votes risks a prison term

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
If they really do allow illegal immigrants to vote in our national elections, then it is our duty as American citizens to declare war on Chicago.

LOL.

Haven't you been paying attention.
Between the death toll and the on going shootings daily there, along with idiots there actually talking about bringing the U.N in.
Chicago is already a war zone.

Poverty-check
Crime-check
Corrupt government-check
Illegals and gang violence flourish-check

There you go, you have a mini 3rd world.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

That's why I think a state of emergency should be declared for Chicago and the army,national guard, and homeland security to step in and root this problem out once and for all.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: Black_Fox

That's why I think a state of emergency should be declared for Chicago and the army,national guard, and homeland security to step in and root this problem out once and for all.

It's a nice thought, but it wont ever happen.

Chicago's gov. is so corrupt, it would have to be out right replaced to even begin to fix the problems there.
And it's already a Democratic Utopia there.

Chicago's corruption needs crime and poverty to function.
Kick backs and private prisons are a booming business.

They need crime to justify waste and spending.

And there's the whole, let them kill each other experiment.
Cause they really don't care in solving the issue.
There's no money in that.

Chicago is also financially dead.
There's no money, they are in debt.

And to honestly fix the cancer culture of Chicago, it would require people to face some harsh truths about what breeds a society like this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join