It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland mayor warns of impending ICE raid, ramping up sanctuary-city tension

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Suprised this isn posted yet, I did a search... anyway;

Okland mayor warns people not to work with ICE raids

Libby Schaaf, the Democratic mayor of Oakland, shared the warning — which she said she “learned from multiple credible sources” — in a press release on Saturday, “not to panic our residents but to protect them,”

So you hide Illegals from ICE raids.

These are repeat offenders many with violent charges they are looking for, not just anyone who is illegal.

She is essentially claiming keeping these ICE targets who are rounding up the worse of this illegal migrant problem, yet claiming its somehow making it safer?

The mayor said she didn’t know further details of the ICE operation, but claimed she felt it was her “duty and moral obligation as Mayor to give those families fair warning when that threat appears imminent.”

Its illegal to tip off criminals of raids, yeah she just had a hunch suddenly and decided to make the announcement.

And California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, who’s running for governor, commended Schaaf’s public warning, telling SFGate: “We can and must protect immigrant families from Donald Trump’s mass deportations. I want to thank Mayor Schaaf for her courage and hope more local leaders will follow her lead.”

If this guy gets elected....

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Isn't this illegal? Can't the mayor be arrested?

On another note, it's clear that RACE comes before country to these people.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's amusing that they weren't flipping out when Obama's administration was deporting them. At larger numbers than Trump.

But now that it's Trump. They're all about protecting criminals.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Before reading this thread or checking the link I made a bet with myself regarding this mayor. I won it. Democrat chicks totally dig invaders.
edit on 26-2-2018 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Unbloody believable,

So what people have to fear is the law because they broke it and entered or stayed illegally..

Not only that what a absolute farce for people that come to the USA legally..

What type of message does this send out to people?,...

Sums it up...

RA

edit on 26-2-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

people just want to "resist" any chance they get, even if that means doing illegal things and protecting illegal criminals.

There is fault on both "sides" but these individuals and groups defying the law should be called out for what they are - traitors

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
It's amusing that they weren't flipping out when Obama's administration was deporting them. At larger numbers than Trump.

But now that it's Trump. They're all about protecting criminals.

Actually Obama's numbers werent technically larger. What Obama did was reclassify the people who were caught directly at the border who were immediately sent back across the border. Those individuals were reclassified so their numbers could be included in the deportation numbers, giving the false impression deportations were up.

They were not.

As for what this and other officials are doing, warning of raids, technically violates federal law -
8 USC §1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

edit on 26-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

She needs to be arrested... She is putting illegals over US citizens.. This is Bizarro world... Find me ONE OTHER COUNTRY that puts illegals before their citizens.. Ill wait...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sounds like we need a collusion investigation in California.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yes it's illegal to aide and abet a crime in progress.

Aid and Abet To assist another in the commission of a crime by words or conduct. The person who aids and abets participates in the commission of a crime by performing some Overt Act or by giving advice or encouragement. He or she must share the criminal intent of the person who actually commits the crime, but it is not necessary for the aider and abettor to be physically present at the scene of the crime. An aider and abettor is a party to a crime and may be criminally liable as a principal, an Accessory before the fact, or an accessory after the fact.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Lock her up!
edit on 26-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
needs to be arrested

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Isn't it illegal to ask people to commit a crime, "not to panic our residents but to protect them". Actively protecting illegals against ICE is at least obstruction of justice right?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's real simple, if you live in a Democrat controlled area you are not safe.

Period.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Nope. But you can bet a years worth of paychecks that the lefty making those laws up live behind a secure wall in a safe white neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Do I get a mulligan if I break the law? Or being a citizen I should get at least two.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That mayor needs to be arrested for putting illegals ahead of actual US citizens.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

it's his first year, give it time...
Also, did you know that Mexico deported more illegals than the US in 2017?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Look, if you don’t like the policy vote Trump out of office you can't do things like this and expect to get respect.
What if this stupid lady gets an officer killed or hurt if some criminal reacts wrong, Or panics the population.

She stupidly does more harm than good for her cause

This is very stupid, even a non-partisan group condemns this.

Jessica Vaughan of the Center for Immigration Studies called the mayor’s statement a “political stunt.” “This is pretty irresponsible on the part of a public official,” Vaughan said. “To the extent this results in people being able to hide from ICE and shelter in the community inevitably creates more victims. It also creates fear in the community. She may or may not have good information.”

The lady is very stupid.

When racists attack people in states and claim they can do it because of states rights the feds have a right to intervene.

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 26-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sstyles15
a reply to: Xcathdra

it's his first year, give it time...
Also, did you know that Mexico deported more illegals than the US in 2017?

Surprisingly I did know that. I also know Mexico's immigration laws are far more draconian than the United States immigration laws.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Someone needs to make an example of that crazy bitch PDQ.
WHAT SHE IS DOING IS ILLEGAL......Illegal immigration is a CRIME, No exceptions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join