It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press conference with mass shooters immediately afterwards should be mandatory!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The first few days after the shooting I kept hearing some students saying that they heard more than one shooter because they would hear shots coming from one end of the hallway - so they would run the other way and then as they approached, they would hear shots in front of them. If these schools are the same as every school I've been in since 1985 then the hall ways are pretty long, usually at least 100ft long up to 400+ft! If a student hears a shot in front of them, it is pretty easy to tell in these schools that it isn't coming from behind them (as anyone who has been in them knows the acoustics of these buildings), so they turn around and run the other way and then hear shots coming from in front of them again! I know in all the schools I've been in (as student, employee or contractor), I know there is no way for a student to get from one end to another faster than a fleeing student.

I remember at least 6 different interviews where people thought there were more than one shooter at multiple locations and floors at the same time. The one student said she heard shots and then a couple seconds later was talking to Cruz! She said it was just a few seconds later and she even made a comment to him that she thought that it was he that was doing the shooting and then he just laughed it off and smirked/sneered kind of. This was the blonde girl they interviewed just hours after it happened. I'll see if I can find the video. She said she was positive there were more than one shooter because there is no way he could have shot and then run into her so quickly afterwards because the shots sounded much further away and she was running away from the shots, where she ran into Cruz - so all of that is counter intuitive to their being only one shooter.

i'm getting really tired of the debates of 1 vs more shooters because it always seems there is only one, often found dead, but by many accounts people say they are positive there were more than one shooter, and many locations firing at the same time - or in very short periods in between (too short to get to a new position).

When the suspect is caught, they need to have a press conference IMMEDIATELY afterwards with an attorney for the suspect and allow the press and others to ask questions or have them tell their side of the story - as much as they are willing to tell. hopefully they will tell where they were shooting from, say "3rd floor west wing, west wing stairwell and along the first floor hallway from the stairwell down to the office..." (that's just an example) so that if people were hearing shots around the gym, locker room, auditorium, etc, and he was no where near that, then they would know that something else was going on and there needs to be more investigation into the situation. Now this won't mean that they won't lie, but all this secrecy around the situation only breeds mistrust in law enforcement and the investigation.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I remember at least 6 different interviews where people thought there were more than one shooter at multiple locations and floors at the same time

this happens literally every single time.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Sorry are you saying that the active shooter should have a voice straight after the so called event???.....

That would be the single worst thing you could do as people with an agenda would be all over this knowing they get publicity for their cause..

You would basically be giving every bit of air time over to any tom dick and harry who wants to promote a cause and is mentally unstable enough to shoot up a school.. Middle east affairs, shoot up a school to be heard.. You want prisoners released from Gitmo, Shoot up a school, Trump impeachment yep you got it shoot up a school...

Madness...

RA

edit on 26-2-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

When the suspect is caught, they need to have a press conference IMMEDIATELY afterwards with an attorney for the suspect and allow the press and others to ask questions

Then why not is there a trial, when the clear faces and actions are irrefutable on cctv, and execute them immediately after a trial and at most one appeal.
edit on 2/26/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
How many of these kids have ever been exposed to gun fire, let alone gun fire in a confined space where they might be the target.

When adrenaline is high the mind plays tricks on you, add in the natural echo effect of a gun fired in doors and it would be easy for people unaccustomed to the sound to think there were multiple shooters.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Good point.. very bad idea

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
How many of them are captured alive...and stay that way? I've heard that it's rare.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I agree.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yes! Please yes!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

Sorry are you saying that the active shooter should have a voice straight after the so called event???.....

That would be the single worst thing you could do as people with an agenda would be all over this knowing they get publicity for their cause..

You would basically be giving every bit of air time over to any tom dick and harry who wants to promote a cause and is mentally unstable enough to shoot up a school.. Middle east affairs, shoot up a school to be heard.. You want prisoners released from Gitmo, Shoot up a school, Trump impeachment yep you got it shoot up a school...

Madness...

RA

Well I stand by my statement about this but as for it airing to the public, that is what I am willing to negotiate as to the validity of it. Most of the time we don't even know the real reason for the events other than what we are fed by the media and it often fits the agenda the media is pushing at the time, so excuse me if it feels a little contrived and a little too convenient.

Have the the press conference, maybe not even the "press" buy some authorized agencies or news organizations who are sworn to secrecy under penalty the same for leaking secret information in the government. But they get to tape/record it, ask questions and keep the data (under specific security standards such as encryption, etc) which can later be aired should it be deemed acceptable by the authorities after trial, execution, or whatever. The state, local and federal agencies should also take part and act the same way and follow the same standards.

I just think that there needs to be some kind of immediate "airing" (meaning speaking or conveying) of the perpetrators motives, thoughts, desired outcome of their actions as soon as he is captured so it can't be changed either through manipulation by law enforcement or attorney's or by self reflection while sitting in a jail cell or hospital bed. All of this gives them time to tailor their side of the events to best suite their needs or even to suite the needs of the prosecution to further their political agenda in exchange for leniency (less years or taking death penalty off table).

Time is the enemy in any situation like this when we are talking about finding the truth of the situation. Every hour, every day, every week, the chance of finding out the real story becomes less likely and more probable that there has been some manipulation of the story and course of events.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

NO. All this will do is cause confusion. You'll have a bunch of people fueled by adrenaline with memory lapses influencing investigators thru the media and will eventually lead to influencing the process of investigating.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
How many of these kids have ever been exposed to gun fire, let alone gun fire in a confined space where they might be the target.

When adrenaline is high the mind plays tricks on you, add in the natural echo effect of a gun fired in doors and it would be easy for people unaccustomed to the sound to think there were multiple shooters.

Thank you, exactly, there was one shooter, I just cant believe he got away and went to MCDonalds. Who could eat after doing that?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Are you insane? This is exactly the opposite of what should happen. Research the "contagion effect" and you will find the news should not even discuss the shooters name, only that an event happened and the body count at most.

Even when I was in school there were video cams everywhere. That was back in 94 to 98, during which time Columbine happened and we saw the videos. Why have we not seen a video of the suspect entering the school and walking the halls? We haven't seen a school shooting surveillance footage clip since 1996 -- over 20 years ago!

Don't flame me over this but this IS a conspiracy site. Where are the flippin videos?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I must have scrolled past your post before I posted. Sry. You get it though!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Tucked away on the shelf below the Pentagon footage...
edit on 26-2-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Not Constitutionally viable as it would impact due process.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
that's a bad idea and you should feel bad.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
Why have we not seen a video of the suspect entering the school and walking the halls? We haven't seen a school shooting surveillance footage clip since 1996 -- over 20 years ago!
Don't flame me over this but this IS a conspiracy site. Where are the flippin videos?

Nor will we ever see any raw witness statements from any official release of documents. That's the truth teller.

top topics

join