It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's The Answer: Ban Gunpowder

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Good thinking bro. But you can make gun powder from all natural ingredients.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

How to make home made gun powder.
www.instructables.com...

Kirk made a cannon to kill that lizard dude from dirt. lol!!

Goldmember is dreaming.

I'd just use C-4 instead.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Why don’t we simply stop making semi-automatic weapons available to the public?

Police, sure. Military, of course.

But not the public.

We don’t have to “ban” anything, just stop making any more.

We don’t need to “confiscate” anything, just stop making any more.

If you are a “well-trained, responsible gun-enthusiast”, you can can enjoy the guns you have to your heart’s content.

But, like muskets, they just don’t make semi’s anymore.

Yeah, you won’t be able to fire off a clip as quickly as you once did, and so maybe you’ll have to improve your aim to make every shot count a bit more.

But hey, isn’t that exactly what gun enthusiasts call “gun control”?

And the extra seconds it might take to reload might mean the difference between life and death for one more child.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

An AK can be made out of scrap metal, an AR takes a little more finesse in casting and machining but they both can be made in a garage type setting.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Why don’t we simply stop making semi-automatic weapons available to the public?

Police, sure. Military, of course.

But not the public.

We don’t have to “ban” anything, just stop making any more.

We don’t need to “confiscate” anything, just stop making any more.

If you are a “well-trained, responsible gun-enthusiast”, you can can enjoy the guns you have to your heart’s content.

But, like muskets, they just don’t make semi’s anymore.

Yeah, you won’t be able to fire off a clip as quickly as you once did, and so maybe you’ll have to improve your aim to make every shot count a bit more.

But hey, isn’t that exactly what gun enthusiasts call “gun control”?

And the extra seconds it might take to reload might mean the difference between life and death for one more child.

I'm sure #BLM would love that only the govt had guns.

Like you trust them, too?

That is not what the 2nd was written for, Mr. Marx.

Who's child? What age?

Appeal to emotion is not an argument.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

An AK can be made out of scrap metal, an AR takes a little more finesse in casting and machining but they both can be made in a garage type setting.

Exactly and anyone skilled (or semi skilled) with basic hand tools can make an AK out of stuff in a well outfitted garage. The only thing that may be difficult is the barrel but those can be purchased easily or taken from a gun of the same caliber and modified to fit an AK with a little tooling.

I would like to say that we are probably lucky that the shooters, so far, have decided to use AR's instead of AK-47's (not 74's) in these shootings as they are somewhat less lethal in these shootings than an AK would be. Since there is no need for extreme accuracy that the AR offers, the AK would be a better choice giving that the bullet has more energy and weighs 2-3x the weight of an AR's and would cause much more damage in these situations.

The fact that the AR is a recurring weapon used in these events makes me very curious because these people who do this would most likely research their weapons and even when I was 16 (or younger) I knew the AK would have been more effective and it can be had for 30-70% of the price of an AR so they can be much cheaper. Also, if they wanted to commit such a shooting, why not choose the gun which can be modified with a rubber band (or paper clip or a little bit of fileing) to make it full auto. I doubt they are worried that their gun modification is illegal if they are going to commit such an act.

The AR is the quintessential firearm of the USA as it very closely mimics the M16 and thus is easily identifiable as a "weapon of war" and it is american made. If the used AK's then they couldn't attack US arms makers as easily in this process and unfortunately this all seems too convenient to be coincidence.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Only licensed "blasters" can get gunpowder.

I was a certified "shooter" [ handled explosives ] when I was a coal miner. I did not use gunpowder, I used a water gel explosive called Tovex.

Tovex is a water-gel explosive composed of ammonium nitrate and methylammonium nitrate that has several advantages over traditional dynamite, including lower toxicity and safer manufacture, transport, and storage.

So....can I have my gunpowder now?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Boo Hoo
get a f###ing hammer

Grow up.

Lol!

Grow up?

Lol! This is about gun control, not gun safety.

Grow up?

Jesus you guys just don't get it.

Ready Access To High Powered Weapons.

Ban the ATOM... I mean, it's is after all ATOMic weapons that are the worst, no?

Easy access to a weapon capable of killing as many things as possible. Nothing about the lesser available options. We get it, hammers, forks, knives can all kill people. Blah blah blah.

But can you go into a school, or any place, with a fork, and not be taken down once your intent is known? Do you have to stand there, intimately with someone, with a semi auto? No.

You shoot at your leisure, from a distance into a crowd, and you don't care who goes, but remove that ability and you're left with someone who is not a threat to someone else 10 meters away.

Threads like this reiterate just how wrong the thinking is. Ban gun powder? So people have to make their own? Sure, they can do that. Ban bullets? Sure, people can use a potato gun.

Difference is taking that insignificant ability, as you all seem to think it is, for someone to just think "I'm going to shoot my school up." and have at their avail, the weapons designed to do just that.

Idiotic thread, second one just in the last few pages of ATS today.

You won't stop intent. But you can help stop the idiots who don't want to get intimate and close, and feel that blade push in. You will stop an heroes. And anything else, is slack.

At the very least, more checks on people. But it won't stop grandpa hillbilly and his 2'nd amendment rights who has an arsenal behind him, from losing his # and taking out a church or a hospital or a store...

Nope... you want all or nothing, so you know what? You get school kids dead. That's ALL on you.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

I'm sure billy the disgruntled school boy will think twice about having to make his weapon of choice from scrap metal, fashion it into a semi automatic weapon, then make his own black powder, bullet casings and then go on his rampage.

Better to just let him buy one at the corner store....

edit on 26-2-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Bull snip. Who KNOWs how many massacres have been stopped by well-trained bystanders. What we have here is a de-facto experimenter's bias. Say Diaz/Rios/Cruz whatever got shot coming through the door with a duffel bag and a bad attitude? Oh no, it's a hate crime, clearly. Sorry white guards, say goodbye to your pension. Say Diaz/Rios/Cruz makes it to through the door and kills 17 people. Sorry white guards. Say goodbye to your pension.

There is a snip attitude in the country right now. Cruz was detected by security arriving in an Uber before the attack. Allegedly notified staff. Once shots were fired, the alarm went up. Now we're shaming the deputies who didn't respond "quickly enough." Come on. This is a witch hunt.

This was not a minor. He was allowed to waltz into the school in the age of majority with a duffle and a backpack. No "child" left behind? Maybe we're a little too tolerant of recidivism? Maybe he should have been groomed for a trade school, as a mechanic, or a baker, or something...fun for him. Poor almost kid. Now he'll never know what he could have been.

Sigh. I think I've been vaguely insulting enough for one day. I take your point OP. It's hyperbole, and well received. We can't take tools away from people, expecting them to get the message. There are deeper problems.

Best,
Z
edit on 26-2-2018 by Zelun because: needed more racial tension

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Modern ammunition doesn't use gunpowder, but if you do manage to get your idea implemented you'll have to effectively eliminated the muzzleloader hobbiest scourge of society. Can you just imagine the celebrations in the street that day? Glorious!
edit on 26-2-2018 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Maybe you need a gun to stop the onslaught on your petty logic.

I need my tactical nuke, it's a god given right. Who knows how many people I will save. Like the officers who were equipped with guns yet failed to act.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
There are field expedient replacements for smokeless powder.

A more important thing to think about.... what if I told you heroin is a great drop-in replacement for smokeless powder?

It is already banned?

But readily available?

How can this be?
edit on b000000282018-02-26T05:08:30-06:0005America/ChicagoMon, 26 Feb 2018 05:08:30 -0600500000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

How to make home made gun powder.
www.instructables.com...

I love that website...
I frequent there a lot! People are always coming up with ingenious answers to problems there.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I would just have one of these If in the states.
No licence not regulated at all.

edit on 26-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Maybe you need a gun to stop the onslaught on your petty logic.

I need my tactical nuke, it's a god given right. Who knows how many people I will save. Like the officers who were equipped with guns yet failed to act.

I only have one. It's a Sig .40. I like to take it to the range and to clean it. I've never had to use it in anger, and I'm thankful for that.

I wish those guys would have shot that kid before he shot more kids. You'd be surprised how survivable a bullet wound is.

I'm happy to talk more about this, if you're willing. I wrote that post sort of stream-of-consciousness, but I feel it's mostly defensible. Did you have a specific question?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

One. How would you cope in a world without guns? Or at least, easily accessible guns?

Do you feel you need it? Or can you somehow manage to survive, like some of us do?

I've never had a gun that I've owned. I've shot them, but only at ranges here that allow you to do so.

Never once in my life needed one other than that. And I fail to see the need for them other than someone feeling better equipped in their less than well adjusted state of mind.

Fist fight. Can you? Or is that fire arm how you settle an argument?

simple question... since we're not talking hunting.

ETA - that you say "use it in anger" is my entire point....

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Anyone that thinks guns are a problem is intellionally ignoring two very big arse things.

1. 99.99% of people don't misuse them.
2. Laws already cover what has transpired.

You want to ban something ban the word ban.
edit on 26-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Anyone that thinks guns are a problem is intellionally ignoring two very big arse things.

1. 99.99% of people don't misuse them.
2. Laws already cover what has transpired.

You want to ban something ban the word ban.

Happy with mass shootings then. Got it.

Everyone needs to the ability to kill people. That there is talk about who gets a gun and what ability it has, goes out the window.

I have never called for banning guns. Limiting what is available to 19 year olds, however, to me is a no brainer.

But lets not talk about things like that, everyone ra ra about bump stocks, and their right to convert their semi into more or less an auto.. Rubber bands, belts.. etc. Ignoring the actual problem.

And when that fails, bring up explosives and gun powder.

Ignore the actual problem. easily available weapons that are designed to kill, that disenfranchised people can own. And then wonder why a school is shot up.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Not very happy at the usual suspects ignoring the hell out of the bill of rights.

They ought to try reading it sometime.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime,unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

www.law.cornell.edu...

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

www.law.cornell.edu...

What part of either of those is confusing?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join