It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida sheriff refuses to resign during heated CNN interview

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

A jelly doughnut?

I ask my grandson if he wants a jelly doughnut just like Sarge said it. Used to frighten him, now, he likes it.

What a great movie.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This Sheriff reminds me of Nancy Pelosi, talking about how great a leader she is despite all the evidence pointing to the fact that she's a terrible leader.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: network dude

I mean, this is the same county where Debbie Wasserman Schultz is the congresswomen...

Not only that, but they re-elected her after she got fired from the DNC for rigging the primary.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

are AR -15's guns?

Are they every gun?

Nope. I have shotguns, rifles and pistols and none of them are an AR15.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

are AR -15's guns?

Not a single AR15 to be seen.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

are AR -15's guns?

Why aren't there AR-15s in that video? It's a "weapon of war".

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I don't know if I posted it to you or in this thread, but I live in KY, and this is a proposal that's been in the works for a few years that I agree with: postky.org. That's more up the alley of what I'm thinking would be a good program to allow this.

Not a bad idea, but I can still see tons of things that could go wrong. Where does the culpability lie if the "POST" volunteer freezes and doesn't intervene in a shooting? What if the POST volunteer intervenes and in the fog of combat shoots the wrong kid? Kills the wrong kid? Who is liable?

I understand your concern that "no gun zones" are basically a murderers paradise. But try to understand my point that having guns in classrooms, armed citizens in hallways or whereever in the schools doesn't and won't reliably reduce the threat. An armed police officer didn't reduce the threat in Parkland.

I kinda prefer reducing the chances that a mental case, or a person with violent tendencies, or a person that has been investigated several times and actually threatened to be "a professional school shooter" can legally purchase a weapon.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

are AR -15's guns?

Well not sure if serious...but that was during boot camp when the Colt's were just making it out to the fleet and they hadn't quite filtered down to boot camp yet.

And I don't believe I ever said they were a "weapon of war."

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Taken to New levels for sure:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

This Sheriff reminds me of Nancy Pelosi, talking about how great a leader she is despite all the evidence pointing to the fact that she's a terrible leader.

Maybe a run in 2020 for this guy?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

are AR -15's guns?

We need to up our game.

AR what?

ETA; just for balance.

edit on 2 26 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

He ditched his gear in the school and evaded police by blending in with the students

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

This is the same Sheriff who went on CNN and said it was the NRA's fault that 4 of his deputies sat on their asses while 17 kids were murdered.

How this guy still has a job is beyond ridiculous, but then again he does represent Debbie Wasserman-Schultz district so having corrupt and totally incompetent public leaders is probably the norm down there.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

And yet those on the right would have us believe that arming teachers would stop the threat...when a trained law officer

And yet left believe, that we should leave it to the trained law officer to stop these shooters when they either do nothing or arrive very late at the scene.

That argument swings both ways.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Another half hour CNN piece to bicker over. An interview with the chief of police. Anybody that trusts either source for the truth is lost anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Leftists are eating their own when light is shown on them.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

This is the same Sheriff who went on CNN and said it was the NRA's fault that 4 of his deputies sat on their asses while 17 kids were murdered.

How this guy still has a job is beyond ridiculous, but then again he does represent Debbie Wasserman-Schultz district so having corrupt and totally incompetent public leaders is probably the norm down there.

Star for you.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

He also said it's not his problem if his officers are too scared to intervene in the shooting. Yeah, 'cause it's not like he's their boss or anything.

Sherrif Israel is basically Roscoe P. Coaltrain from the Dukes of Hazard.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I was wondering if anyone would catch that.

Those are, though, M14s, where are semi-auto, magazine-fed rifles that have the same capabilities and functionality as the AR platform.

When they finally show the fighting in the Tet Offensive in Vietname, though, there are plenty of M16A1 rifles to be seen (which was the military's adaptation of the AR-15 platform).

Weapons in "Full Metal Jacket"

As for the M14, just like with the M16, there was even a full-automatic version available at the time, so implying that since there are no AR-15s to be seen means that these M14s are not as deadly or function differently is disingenuous, assuming that's the point that you might have been trying to make. If not, it's still good info to have.

M14 Variations

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Good analogy. This man is telling you to give up your right to defend yourself to him and his deputies who stood outside during an active shooting situation and did absolutely nothing.

Wrap your mind around that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join