It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida sheriff refuses to resign during heated CNN interview

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wait, what?

That was Jake Tapper of CNN, really?

Wow.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Arming this teacher would definitely be effective!

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: network dude

Honestly?

I'm surprised.

I assumed that leftists and CNN would side with the sheriff.

I guess I was wrong.

And yet those on the right would have us believe that arming teachers would stop the threat...when a trained law officer sat outside and did nothing to directly end the live shooter situation.... And another 3 armed law officers also did not enter the building.

And arming teachers will do what exactly? More guns will do what exactly?

You probably don't read my threads, but I have argued AGAINST more guns.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The problem is always that there is only ever one solution allowed to be discussed - taking guns away from people who never, ever had anything to do with any of these incidents.

Because somehow, if we take a gun away from that guy out in the boonies of Texas who is using it to control the feral hog population on his land or if we take the handgun away from the lady who is or was being stalked by a dangerous ex or even just take it away from the person who likes to go out to the range and shoot targets on occasion, it is supposed to stop these incidents where it's clear that our public authorities failed at every level to do what we are trusting them to do.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know.

The gun-grabbing anti-freedom authoritarians only have one script.

My suggestion to educate the children, treat the root causes and not the symptoms, initiate programs through the Department of Education have either been ignored or sneered at.

*shrug*

So much for denying ignorance.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The incompetence of the sheriffs of this country is amazing, the incompetent Las Vegas sheriff, now the incompetent Florida sheriff, what gives?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
It said in this interview the policy was the promise programme made in agreement with this sheriff to sort of disregard misdemeanours and not get LEO involved. In the case of this shooter things had been ignored or not dealt with.

edit on 25-2-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joefoster
The incompetence of the sheriffs of this country is amazing, the incompetent Las Vegas sheriff, now the incompetent Florida sheriff, what gives?

Sheriffs are political appointees.

Usually.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Usually.

Sheriffs are elected officials. Elected by the people.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

In this case, he was elected. He was losing too until he got an infusion of out of state cash from the Aerosmith guitarist and some construction magnate in Massachusetts.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Usually.

Yep.

No real qualifications.

Only there because of their politics.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Not all.

Our police department is run at the state level, and through some weirdness, ours is a political appointee.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Wait, what?

That was Jake Tapper of CNN, really?

Wow.

Yes, why so surprised? CNN doesn’t always suck btw.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Khaleesi

Not all.

Our police department is run at the state level, and through some weirdness, ours is a political appointee.

The Chief of Police is an appointed position. Sheriff is elected. At least around here.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Technically sheriffs are elected officials, POLITICIANS with agendas, a badge, gun, license to kill, and command over a region of enforcement under their control and leadership.

Think about that for a while without getting cold chills.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

99.9% of the time they do suck, and are the overwhelming leader in fake news.

So, yes this was a surprise to me.

So much so I'm thinking there might be some validity to the theory of slipping in and out of alternative dimensions briefly.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This sheriff should definitely resign, without question. Not only was he in charge of 4 cowards who wouldn't protect students and it is questionable if they were following orders or just to scared to go in, either way, it was a failure at some point. He should resign because he turned this into such a political issue and pushed politics before many other issues that needed to discussed. He is more of a political hack than a sheriff and has no place in law enforcement. Get him out of there!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Coward County Sheriff Dept.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Please watch this video in this tweet and explain to me what is said.... It seems to go against everything we've been told.. Also, when Cruz is apprehended, did anyone see him wearing tactical gear??

This was a teacher who was 20 feet away inside the school...

Tweet

Can anyone confirm this teacher is an actual teacher?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: jhn7537
Please watch this video in this tweet and explain to me what is said.... It seems to go against everything we've been told.. Also, when Cruz is apprehended, did anyone see him wearing tactical gear??

This was a teacher who was 20 feet away inside the school...

Tweet

Can anyone confirm this teacher is an actual teacher?

The video seems to be from ABC news. They flash her name on the screen. Stacey Lippel. I just googled her name. Seems legit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join