It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good to be back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hi ATS.

It's been a few years since I was active on the forums. I've peeked in here and there since, but I've now had the itch to exchange again and offer something rather than just absorb.

My main interest is the occult/metaphysics/magic/mysticism. I just picked up a copy of a new translation of Eliphas Levi's "The Doctrine and Ritual of High Magic"...barely started and it's got so much content to it. I have an inclination to try to find original source material as much as possible. A fair amount of commentary indicate this book, while elucidating older Kabbalistic ideas, is credited as one of the foundational works to reignite interest in magic in the modern world. Should be a good read!

I'm also very interested in alternate history. I'm a firm believer that the victors write history, so alternate views are fertile ground for dislodging one's mind from the mainstream narratives.

Philosophy and psychology are of great interest to me as well; they seem to underpin pretty much everything else to some degree...at least to get to the essence of matters.

I'm excited to be back. I think ATS is a great jump-off point for unfamiliar ideas and alternate perspectives.

Cya around the forums!

Stroikabot

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
hello, good evening, welcome back

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would love a solid revival of the metaphysics forum with people who are actually interested in something other than what Trump said today,

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hello and welcome back!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stroikabot

Welcome back comrade. Please remove all clothing and proceed to decontamination unit. ATS has been overrun by Russian Tribbles. There is currently a lock-down in place. Thank you for your cooperation.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Welcome back !

Please, don't let it disappoint you to much, not the same place.

I am very interested in the thought of erased history, as it has happened in the past and is currently going on.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Welcome (back), great intro! Can't wait to read more of what you have to share!

edit on 25-2-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stroikabot

Welcome!!!
I look forward to reading what you have to say, especially about alternate history.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Welcome to the forums. I'm a new comer here myself but was once a forum member many years ago.

new topics

top topics

join