It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only the bad guys have guns in gun free zones?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I've done it, once, quite by accident. Went to the courthouse for new tags for the car, on the way home from my lessons, in retrospect, I'm glad I was wearing my knee length duster...

I didn't realize what I'd done, until I was back at the car. Oops. That could have been an interesting time...really glad it wasn't. Lesson learned. I don't like not being able to carry in these places, because to my mind, they're an open invitation.

So, I carry my folding knife, instead.

Yes, I've been told I'm paranoid.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

just fulfilling my curiosity

Nothing wrong with that. 8)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

totally agree.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have a CCW and ignore the law just in case I'm there at the time something happens. The law is illegal as it pertains to the constitution.

To me, a "gun free zone" is a second amendment nullification zone, which is unconstitutional and totally illegal anyways.
edit on 25-2-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, just for the sake of your title OP, I'm a good guy with a gun, and certainly take it with me in gun free zones. I keep it out of sight, if ya can't see it, it's not an issue. I bring it in hospitals, banks, churches, you name it, but I'll be damned if I'm gunna be a victim (or anyone else around me for that matter) ever. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, right?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: mysterioustranger

i dig talking to you too

im not going to talk # about ccw holders that carry when the signs say dont.
i am just trying to confirm what i have suspected for a while but talking to my brother yesterday really just brought it to the font of my mind.

been a lot of gun talk as of late.

Here's a thought you might appreciate... I wonder how many teachers, admins and custodians WERE carrying that day?

Last statistics I read was I believe.. 1 out of 5 people on the streets, in the stores etc... wherever... are carrying... So.. If true... at least a few in that school should've been carrying that day.

Curious about ckng permit registrations in that school, that day.. I'm positive there had to be a few at least...

Best TST... MS

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If I go into a gun free zone and get shot/robbed by a person with a gun you better believe I'm filing a lawsuit same day. From the hospital assuming I survive. They took away my right to protect myself but didn't have proper security to ensure my safety.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Still thinking about this. Super interesting.

Lots of otherwise law abiding citizens breaking certain laws when it comes to ccw cause some just don't agree.

The argument that only bad hombres have guns in the no gun zones is bull# cause apparently it's common knowledge that most ccw holders ignore the signs when possible.

We hear guns don't kill people. People do. I don't disagree with that.

I would like the same courtesy when it comes to legalization then. Just like a gun can sit on a table for 1k years and never kill a person, a drug can sit and never alter a person.

Seems fair to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join