It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member with a query

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hello all. I have been a liter for a while and have a question for anyone who cares to answer.

In relation to the u.s. second amendment does the selective service automatically include one in the "militia"?

Thank you for the informative and interesting information in so many posts.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Thatguy124

Alexa , is that you ?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thatguy124
Hello all. I have been a liter for a while and have a question for anyone who cares to answer.

In relation to the u.s. second amendment does the selective service automatically include one in the "militia"?

Thank you for the informative and interesting information in so many posts.

Have you been into a liter of wine?

Selective service meaning the draft or something?

And which "militia " are you referring too?

Please clarify.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Welcome liter.

You'll be drank up quickly around here!

Enjoy the site.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GrootAccount to this supreme Court case case for selective service

The militia clause is what authorizes the federal government to instantiate a draft based on the selective service registration. So I am curious if this means that every adult male in the us that has registered for the selective service is in turn registered for the " federal militia".

I keep hearing people claim that one must be part of a well regilatef militia to be included in the second amendment. While I understand the basics of a comma and do not want to debate the merits of that argument,. I would like to be able to use this case as a retort.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What that means is this. That if you eat a burger you are not a vegetarian. Simple as that

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thatguy124
a reply to: GrootAccount to this supreme Court case case for selective service

The militia clause is what authorizes the federal government to instantiate a draft based on the selective service registration. So I am curious if this means that every adult male in the us that has registered for the selective service is in turn registered for the " federal militia".

I keep hearing people claim that one must be part of a well regulated militia to be included in the second amendment. While I understand the basics of a comma and do not want to debate the merits of that argument,. I would like to be able to use this case as a retort.

As far as i can see by researching gun laws according to the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights that is constantly under threat, As long as a person can be drafted into the military they have the right to bare arms. A militia according to historical facts is owned and governed by a state, however, definitions change over time, so now as long as you are of age to be in a militia you have the right to carry a firearm to protect your property. No one else will do it for you, no police will protect your property.

People are owned by the state, pay taxes, birth certificate, social security number (corporate) and at the age of 18 are able to join military by will or by force, therefore they are a militia of ready citizens already signed up to participate if they are called upon or by voluntary actions.

Separate point...I watched some of the town hall crap on CNN from Florida, and they made the point of making it illegal for anyone under 21 to be able to buy or carry a fire arm came up multiple times in that discussion...Think about that. There are too many points where I see as wrong to even discuss.

4th Amendment; "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated..." It all adds up to protecting yourself from outsiders that want what you have or to vilify you for some reason. This is violated every single day on common people, guns are equalizers to protect one self from an over powering force.

Sooner or later it will be illegal to have ad blockers or firewalls on computers, interrupting profit making from the 1%. It's a slippery slope and people are too damn gullible to be fooled by the man behind the curtain, that magician that proposes fixes to a problem while creating another for infinity.

Answer to your question, all people over the age of 18 in the US are a militia and have the right to bare arms as of now. As long as you pay taxes and are apart of the system you are apart of the militia. At least that is how I interpret the law as it has changed over the years and has some loophole words thrown in there.

Here is a fact you can throw in a gun control persons face as well, the largest school mass killing was by a bomb in 1927 in Michigan, not by a gun. 38 kids, 6 teachers and 58 other people. The killer was 55 and wasn't reelected to the school board so he killed everyone he could. It's called Mental health. A capitalistic society gives two #s about mental health, that is one of the main problems surrounding killings of innocent people.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
What that means is this. That if you eat a burger you are not a vegetarian. Simple as that

I've had a few litres today and now I'm jonesing for a burger..

THANKS A LOT !!!!

Oh and, welcome op, I think...

top topics

join